Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato… Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney…
- Delaware House Bill 101 is riddled with discrimination and questions fair and equitable schools
- Odyssey Charter Board Gets Stern Warning From Delaware DOE As Wagons Circle Around AHEPA & Their He-Man Woman Haters Club
- Delaware Governor John Carney poised to sign legislation on National Popular Vote. An insult to our forefathers !
- Red Clay’s board meeting is 3/20/19 and no agenda posted yet! Indian River’s board meetings is 3/25/19 and their’s is posted.
- Looks like Red Clay is being sued again.
- FIRE is happy to announce the winner of our first art contest: Emily Artigue, a high school senior from Scottsdale,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- An evaluation at one community college showed students who got rental assistance were almost four times more likely… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 minutes ago
- Tune in to The Wright Moment in Comcast Channel 28 NOW (at 5pm). 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Just a dog eating an apple 🍏 at @WDEL. #frenchbulldog #stanley #netDE https://t.co/vQ5sAif769 19 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- In the midst of this catastrophe, prophetic fight back becomes even more important. bit.ly/2NMNB0Z 1 week ago
- In Toronto and Edmonton this weekend with @IRCanada -- love. bit.ly/2HgOTjk 2 weeks ago
- Gold Alert Issued for Missing Dover Man dsp.delaware.gov/2019/03/21/gol… Felton- The Delaware State Police are issuing a G… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Daily Archives: July 1, 2018
Delaware liberals love affair will illegal immigrants! Yet Delaware homeless can’t set up tents on public property. And then there is DSEA
Delaware State Legislators refuse to address Obamacare crisis by address state insurance regulations.
Yea yea it’s all President Trump’s health insurance premiums will be going up in the fall. And somehow he’ll be blamed for increases the years past.
Delaware regulates the insurance industry via the State’s Insurance Commission and state laws that govern.
Delaware state legislators still refuse to enact laws that allow citizens to purchase healthcare insurance plans across state lines. This coming fall Delaware citizens part of the healthcare exchange program will have only one choice.
Delaware health insurance marketplace: history and news of the state’s exchange
One choice “Highmark” ! As far as the elimination of the “mandate” ! Too bad! Obama had no business dictating to citizens they “must” purchase healthcare insurance through his unsustainable plan and noncompetitive plans.
Delaware legislators refuse to allow citizens the right to purchase healthcare insurance plans across state line. Delaware legislators refuse to promote competition that would help drive-down costs.
Delaware legislators refuse to require themselves and all state-workers to go through the exchange. Why can the taxpayers paying for healthcare for state legislators get the same rates ? Why are taxpayer burden with paying for legislators healthcare and their own? Where is single payer healthcare for all in Delaware ?
You’ll see! DSEA leaders will be one of the first blaming President Trump for increase healthcare cost but fail to call for fair share healthcare plans that include teachers and the public.
If Obamacare is good enough for the people it should be good enough for Delaware State Legislators.
In a dramatic example of a petulant personality that cannot get his way through the legitimate legislative process, Governor Carney has chosen to emulate a Trumpian tactic that shows a healthy disdain for the democratic principle of separation of powers. After failing to get support for his balanced budget constitutional amendment (HB 460), the governor has signed an executive order today, the last day of the legislative session, attempting to force the same mandated budget cuts onto Delawareans through his preparation of next year’s budget bill. In this blatantly disrespectful attempt to abrogate power from the legislature, the governor even barred members of the public from attending the press conference where he signed the executive order.
This lack of respect for the legislative process and separation of powers should never happen in our constitutional democratic republic. It is totally unacceptable in Delaware and should be rejected by the Delaware people.
The press release is below, and the the full text of Executive Order #21 can be read by following the link.
Representative John Kowalko
What I love about Kowalko is , he calls it like he sees it ! And listen to podcast of Kowalko talking to WDEL’s Rick Jensen ! http://wdel.streamon.fm/listen-pl-2284?smc=6
June 30, 2018
Cell: (302) 256-8364
TODAY: Governor Carney To Sign Executive Order on Budget Smoothing
DOVER, Del. – At 4:30 p.m. today at Legislative Hall, Governor John Carney will sign an Executive Order to implement recommendations of the DEFAC Advisory Committee on budget smoothing. Following the signing, Governor Carney will be available for media to answer questions on the final day of the 149th General Assembly.
Governor Carney will sign an Executive Order on budget smoothing, and hold media availability on the final day of the 149th General Assembly.
Governor John Carney
Mike Jackson, Director, Office of Management and Budget
Rick Geisenberger, Secretary, Department of Finance
Jeff Bullock, Secretary of State
Michael Houghton, Chair, Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council
Saturday, June 30, 4:30 p.m.