Cape Gazette ( Sussex County Delaware)
Selma Gibson 1/20/1942 – 2/18/2018 God Protect Your Soul Red Clay Title 1 TV Host
Arthur on Delaware; Christina School Boa… Arthur on Christina School Board Member… Just Facts on Delaware; Christina School Boa… Just Facts on Joe Biden’s Delaware ben… Kevin Ohlandt on Joe Biden’s Delaware ben… Elizabeth Ann on Former Christina School Board… Just Facts on Redistricting of New Castle Co… Just Facts on Is Delaware’s Governor a… wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative…
- Christina School Board Member calls it quits and can no long serve on a dysfunctional school board not focused on students.
- Lawsuit Brewing in Christina School District that could send the district into financial recovery and send teachers fleeing the district
- Delaware; Christina School Board throws up the white flag and calls for DE DOE to reach deeper into local control as superintendent bails out of the burning CSD plane. #netDE #eduDE
- Joe Biden’s Delaware bends over for Amazon with $4.5 million dollars in corporate welfare @seanhannity @ingrahamangle @BernieSanders @warren @PeteButtigieg @MikeBloomberg @amyklobuchar
- Delawareans sleeps as changes in public school district boundaries are likely to happen.When they wake up they’ll say nobody told me @delawareonline @the statenews @delaware today @denaacp @delawareblack @JohnCarneyDe @joebiden @wdel @whyy @nwkpost
- Just posted: We're hiring a Program Officer for Campus Outreach! Apply today: thefire.org/about-us/jobs-… twitter.com/TheFIREorg/sta… 17 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @DeAngelisCorey @hechingerreport Thanks for reaching out, @DeAngelisCorey. This is an opinion column, and not a new… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Men’s Breakfast kicking off Men’s Season 2020 this morning @christbaptistchurchde. #mensfellowship #mensbreakfast… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- President Trump to update nation on #coronavirus threat to US in a few. Hear him LIVE on @WDEL: player.listenlive.co/44291 | #netDE 35 minutes ago
- Bernie and I -- like Martin Luther King, Jr., are Democratic Socialists -- NOT Soviet Communists. bit.ly/38RdGpl 4 days ago
- Stop-and-frisk is a liability for Bloomberg's 2020 bid bit.ly/38RdGpl #Sanders2020 #StopAndFrisk #Hannity #foxnews 4 days ago
- Traffic Advisory- crash at Coastal Hwy & Cave Neck Rd - expect delays 2 hours ago
Daily Archives: July 1, 2018
Delaware liberals love affair will illegal immigrants! Yet Delaware homeless can’t set up tents on public property. And then there is DSEA
Delaware State Legislators refuse to address Obamacare crisis by address state insurance regulations.
Yea yea it’s all President Trump’s health insurance premiums will be going up in the fall. And somehow he’ll be blamed for increases the years past.
Delaware regulates the insurance industry via the State’s Insurance Commission and state laws that govern.
Delaware state legislators still refuse to enact laws that allow citizens to purchase healthcare insurance plans across state lines. This coming fall Delaware citizens part of the healthcare exchange program will have only one choice.
Delaware health insurance marketplace: history and news of the state’s exchange
One choice “Highmark” ! As far as the elimination of the “mandate” ! Too bad! Obama had no business dictating to citizens they “must” purchase healthcare insurance through his unsustainable plan and noncompetitive plans.
Delaware legislators refuse to allow citizens the right to purchase healthcare insurance plans across state line. Delaware legislators refuse to promote competition that would help drive-down costs.
Delaware legislators refuse to require themselves and all state-workers to go through the exchange. Why can the taxpayers paying for healthcare for state legislators get the same rates ? Why are taxpayer burden with paying for legislators healthcare and their own? Where is single payer healthcare for all in Delaware ?
You’ll see! DSEA leaders will be one of the first blaming President Trump for increase healthcare cost but fail to call for fair share healthcare plans that include teachers and the public.
If Obamacare is good enough for the people it should be good enough for Delaware State Legislators.
In a dramatic example of a petulant personality that cannot get his way through the legitimate legislative process, Governor Carney has chosen to emulate a Trumpian tactic that shows a healthy disdain for the democratic principle of separation of powers. After failing to get support for his balanced budget constitutional amendment (HB 460), the governor has signed an executive order today, the last day of the legislative session, attempting to force the same mandated budget cuts onto Delawareans through his preparation of next year’s budget bill. In this blatantly disrespectful attempt to abrogate power from the legislature, the governor even barred members of the public from attending the press conference where he signed the executive order.
This lack of respect for the legislative process and separation of powers should never happen in our constitutional democratic republic. It is totally unacceptable in Delaware and should be rejected by the Delaware people.
The press release is below, and the the full text of Executive Order #21 can be read by following the link.
Representative John Kowalko
What I love about Kowalko is , he calls it like he sees it ! And listen to podcast of Kowalko talking to WDEL’s Rick Jensen ! http://wdel.streamon.fm/listen-pl-2284?smc=6
June 30, 2018
Cell: (302) 256-8364
TODAY: Governor Carney To Sign Executive Order on Budget Smoothing
DOVER, Del. – At 4:30 p.m. today at Legislative Hall, Governor John Carney will sign an Executive Order to implement recommendations of the DEFAC Advisory Committee on budget smoothing. Following the signing, Governor Carney will be available for media to answer questions on the final day of the 149th General Assembly.
Governor Carney will sign an Executive Order on budget smoothing, and hold media availability on the final day of the 149th General Assembly.
Governor John Carney
Mike Jackson, Director, Office of Management and Budget
Rick Geisenberger, Secretary, Department of Finance
Jeff Bullock, Secretary of State
Michael Houghton, Chair, Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council
Saturday, June 30, 4:30 p.m.