Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato… Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat…
- WDEL’s Rick Jensen endorses John Young for Christina School Board member
- Former DSEA President presents school funding plan that rearranges the chairs on the K12 Titanic. No Mr. Matthews! No blank checkbooks for school boards!
- Former Delaware Senator Peterson opposes giving local school boards blank check powers to raise property taxes without going to referendum.
- Delaware’s Jack Wells schools state legislators on their wrongheaded HB 129 that allows school boards to raise property taxes without referendum or legislators review. @wdel @delawareonline @DelawareToday @TheStateNews @JohnCarneyDE @DEHouseMinority @DEHouseDems @DEDeptofEd @DEStateBoardEd
- Delaware Governor John Carney slips in the shower and chokes on Rep Baumbach’s soap on a rope @JonhCarneyDE @DEDeptofEd @wdel @DeStateBoardEd @DSEA1 @Delaware_gov @christinak12 @DEcharterNetwrk @CRI_Delaware @delawareonline @DeGop @DelawarePTA
- Reversing a problematic policy, @Cornell takes the welcome step of covering security fees for all events sponsored… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @AdamHSays: I'm as floored by the donation as I am struck by the fact that one student had $200,000 in student loan debt. https://t.co/Y… 26 minutes ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- AVOID: 95NB backed up for MILES from Chester. Bad crash possibly involving a motorcycle near Blue Rte. Just right l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @fitzmag: Thanks @delawareonline for running this great shot of Kelsey addressing her graduating class. She was proud to serve as an int… 23 hours ago
- We need someone with a long history of integrity like Bernie Sanders bit.ly/2Vrmr1W #foxnews #video 2 days ago
- This is why the progressive @BernieSanders is shoulders above the neo-liberal @JoeBiden. bit.ly/2GODaXv #Bernie2020 2 weeks ago
- Traffic update-(Road Opened) All Lanes north Bound on the Roth Bridge have been re-opened. 20 hours ago
Daily Archives: July 1, 2018
Delaware liberals love affair will illegal immigrants! Yet Delaware homeless can’t set up tents on public property. And then there is DSEA
Delaware State Legislators refuse to address Obamacare crisis by address state insurance regulations.
Yea yea it’s all President Trump’s health insurance premiums will be going up in the fall. And somehow he’ll be blamed for increases the years past.
Delaware regulates the insurance industry via the State’s Insurance Commission and state laws that govern.
Delaware state legislators still refuse to enact laws that allow citizens to purchase healthcare insurance plans across state lines. This coming fall Delaware citizens part of the healthcare exchange program will have only one choice.
Delaware health insurance marketplace: history and news of the state’s exchange
One choice “Highmark” ! As far as the elimination of the “mandate” ! Too bad! Obama had no business dictating to citizens they “must” purchase healthcare insurance through his unsustainable plan and noncompetitive plans.
Delaware legislators refuse to allow citizens the right to purchase healthcare insurance plans across state line. Delaware legislators refuse to promote competition that would help drive-down costs.
Delaware legislators refuse to require themselves and all state-workers to go through the exchange. Why can the taxpayers paying for healthcare for state legislators get the same rates ? Why are taxpayer burden with paying for legislators healthcare and their own? Where is single payer healthcare for all in Delaware ?
You’ll see! DSEA leaders will be one of the first blaming President Trump for increase healthcare cost but fail to call for fair share healthcare plans that include teachers and the public.
If Obamacare is good enough for the people it should be good enough for Delaware State Legislators.
In a dramatic example of a petulant personality that cannot get his way through the legitimate legislative process, Governor Carney has chosen to emulate a Trumpian tactic that shows a healthy disdain for the democratic principle of separation of powers. After failing to get support for his balanced budget constitutional amendment (HB 460), the governor has signed an executive order today, the last day of the legislative session, attempting to force the same mandated budget cuts onto Delawareans through his preparation of next year’s budget bill. In this blatantly disrespectful attempt to abrogate power from the legislature, the governor even barred members of the public from attending the press conference where he signed the executive order.
This lack of respect for the legislative process and separation of powers should never happen in our constitutional democratic republic. It is totally unacceptable in Delaware and should be rejected by the Delaware people.
The press release is below, and the the full text of Executive Order #21 can be read by following the link.
Representative John Kowalko
What I love about Kowalko is , he calls it like he sees it ! And listen to podcast of Kowalko talking to WDEL’s Rick Jensen ! http://wdel.streamon.fm/listen-pl-2284?smc=6
June 30, 2018
Cell: (302) 256-8364
TODAY: Governor Carney To Sign Executive Order on Budget Smoothing
DOVER, Del. – At 4:30 p.m. today at Legislative Hall, Governor John Carney will sign an Executive Order to implement recommendations of the DEFAC Advisory Committee on budget smoothing. Following the signing, Governor Carney will be available for media to answer questions on the final day of the 149th General Assembly.
Governor Carney will sign an Executive Order on budget smoothing, and hold media availability on the final day of the 149th General Assembly.
Governor John Carney
Mike Jackson, Director, Office of Management and Budget
Rick Geisenberger, Secretary, Department of Finance
Jeff Bullock, Secretary of State
Michael Houghton, Chair, Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council
Saturday, June 30, 4:30 p.m.