kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato… Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat…
- God Rest Selma Gipson’s soul. My best Red Clay Friend.
- Delaware School Board Candidate says , she won’t serve if elected.
- Did Joe Biden give the nod to local legislators to infringe on Delawareans’ Second Amendment Rights ? Police to issue authorization cards to the public before they make gun purchase? WTF @NRA @seanhannity
- Social Promotion is an escape for teachers who can’t teach.
- Cory Booker are you really black ? @seanhannity @CoryBooker @ChrisCuomo
- We are hiring a Major Gifts Officer to join our development team, in addition to the aforementioned openings in our… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @richardwhitmir @Fitz_ly @gtoppo @The74 With respect, I'd urge you to find out if your reliance on teachers unions… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Tune in to The Wright Moment in Comcast Channel 28 NOW (at 5pm). 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- RT @DE_Nonprofit: What would Delaware look like without @contactlifeline? Join us as we highlight why the Nonprofit sector is integral for… 10 hours ago
- RT @ezraklein: It's a sign of the rot in our political system that all conversation about holding the president accountable takes the form… 8 hours ago
- Join me! fast4yemen.org twitter.com/shireen818/sta… 1 week ago
- Had a superb dialogue, filled with love and compassion, at @Harvard with my dear brother @marclamonthill -- Many ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Traffic update- Roadway Open - John J Williams Hwy is now open 10 hours ago
Daily Archives: February 15, 2018
Here is what Delaware Governor John Carney can do to better protect students and staff from gun violence and more
The Colonial School District is stepping forward to help a struggling charter school near New Castle, the Delaware Academy of Public Safety and Security.
It remains uncertain if the school’s charter will be renewed or if it will be forced to close at the end of the school year.
This week, the Colonial School Board of Education approved a proposal allowing district leaders to work with Delaware Academy Of Public Safety and Security on a plan to address systemic problems that have led to low enrollment, poor test scores and being put under formal review by the Department of Education.
DAPSS will be a major drain on Colonial School District. The is a lot of oversight required that will consume Colonial’s admins.
Colonial owes it to the taxpayer to order a full transparent audit of DAPSS by an independent accounting firm. Colonial has enough problems of their own without compounding them with DAPSS.
The net position of the School at the close of the fiscal year is $(517,329).
As of the close of the current fiscal year, the School’s Governmental Fund (the General Fund) reported an ending fund balance deficit of $(261,534).