Page 44 https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/budget-fy2019.pdf
Empowers Families to Choose the Schools that are Best for Their Children. The Budget invests $1.1 billion in school choice programs to expand the range of high-quality public and private school options for students, putting more decision-making power in the hands of parents and families. This investment serves as a down payment toward achieving the President’s goal of an annual Federal investment of $20 billion—for a total of an estimated $100 billion when including matching State and local funds—in school choice funding. The Budget requests $500 million to establish a new school choice grant program to support a wide range of innovative approaches to school choice. These include expanding existing private school choice programs to serve more low-income and at-risk students, developing new private school choice models, or supporting school districts’ efforts to adopt student-based budgeting and open enrollment policies that enable Federal, State and local funding to follow the student to the public school of his or her choice. In addition, States and districts would have opportunities to leverage funding from Title I grants to support public school choice. The Budget requests $500 million to fund the opening, expansion, and replication of high-quality public charter schools and the financing of charter school facilities. The Budget invests $98 million to expand the number of public magnet schools, which offer specialized curricula and instructional programming. In addition, the Tax Cut and Jobs Act expands school choice by enabling families to use 529 savings plans to pay for private school tuition and home schooling costs.
kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Governor John Carney… kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… Dpont23 on Senator Carper stricken with… Kevin Ohlandt on When was the last time you vot…
- Is The Delaware Department of Education planning on appeasing Cory Booker want-to-be and take MM teaching license ? What does Whyy Guy know ?
- Look out charter school organizers! DSEA newest member Odyssey Charter will create a DSEA Charter Executive Board representation seat.
- Sleeping Kilroy’s Awakens! Forget Facebook !
- Delaware State Board of Education approves student representative to the board.
- DSEA SUPPORTS WIFE BEATER TOM CARPER !WHAT MESSAGE DOES THAT SEND CHILDREN ?
- @SyracuseU The lawsuits have the potential to help establish that private universities must follow through on their… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- This month at Christ Baptist Church sermon series #TogetherWeBuild study of Nehemiah. #tryCHRIST… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- LISTEN | The candidates for #Delaware attorney general debate on @WDEL NOW: player.listenlive.co/44291 #netDE #voteDE https://t.co/CwsMlvlpfp 3 hours ago
- Hot take: Scott Walker was the most articulate of the four people who debated tonight. Definitely the nuttiest on s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 33 minutes ago
- Justice is what love looks like in public. Tenderness is what love looks like in private. This is beautiful: bit.ly/2CO0ZiJ 10 hours ago
- What a blessing to introduce my dear brother Colin Kaepernick at @Harvard University yesterday. WATCH: bit.ly/2QOPJFP 5 days ago
- Wanted Subject Escapes Courthouse-Georgetown dsp.delaware.gov/2018/10/17/wan… Georgetown- The Delaware State Police and De… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago