Page 44 https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/budget-fy2019.pdf
Empowers Families to Choose the Schools that are Best for Their Children. The Budget invests $1.1 billion in school choice programs to expand the range of high-quality public and private school options for students, putting more decision-making power in the hands of parents and families. This investment serves as a down payment toward achieving the President’s goal of an annual Federal investment of $20 billion—for a total of an estimated $100 billion when including matching State and local funds—in school choice funding. The Budget requests $500 million to establish a new school choice grant program to support a wide range of innovative approaches to school choice. These include expanding existing private school choice programs to serve more low-income and at-risk students, developing new private school choice models, or supporting school districts’ efforts to adopt student-based budgeting and open enrollment policies that enable Federal, State and local funding to follow the student to the public school of his or her choice. In addition, States and districts would have opportunities to leverage funding from Title I grants to support public school choice. The Budget requests $500 million to fund the opening, expansion, and replication of high-quality public charter schools and the financing of charter school facilities. The Budget invests $98 million to expand the number of public magnet schools, which offer specialized curricula and instructional programming. In addition, the Tax Cut and Jobs Act expands school choice by enabling families to use 529 savings plans to pay for private school tuition and home schooling costs.
Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Governor John Carney… kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa…
- Is the Immigrant Caravan a drug cartel created diversion ? @seanhannity
- Corey Booker releases 2020 Campaign Song @ingrahamAngle
- University of Delaware rated #1 party school. 100 students arrested this weekend for underage drinking! They should be expelled from college.
- Death’s rattle at the gates of America
- Hicks Anderson didn’t march to the white man’s drum!
- .@WVU once claimed "student organization don't have due process rights," now claims sanctions are not sanctions and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- Let's not confuse things -- racism is a moral issue with political consequences. Such moral issues have leftist, ri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- What can progressives do about the global shift to the right? We discuss at @TheRealNews #watch bit.ly/2AsEIUE Thoughts? 2 weeks ago
- Preparing for Pending Inclement Weather dsp.delaware.gov/2019/01/19/pre… This weekend into Monday morning, Delaware may ex… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago