kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato… Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- The governor of Texas signed two unconstitutional bills into law. If any student or faculty member experiences dep… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Beautiful #FathersDay2019 storytelling from @budweiser. #SmartMarketing twitter.com/LizHemingway/s… 3 hours ago
- RT @zipcodewilm: We are proud to announce that Zip Code has been selected as one of six national training programs in a new government init… 4 hours ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 4 days ago
- Joe Biden represents a past that hurt black people. Tune into the conversation on #FoxNews bit.ly/2Zk0CU7 5 days ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 2 days ago
Daily Archives: February 11, 2018
Dem Senator Tom Carper Admitted to Giving His Ex-Wife a Black Eye by Colin Kalmbacher | 2:29 pm, February 10th, 2018
Senator Tom Carper (D-DE) admitted to hitting his then-wife so hard that it left her with a black eye.
A little-noticed episode from Carper’s past is now being re-litigated in light of recent news cycles dealing with domestic abuse committed by powerful men working at the highest levels of government in the nation’s capital. In a 1998 interview, Carper said:
Did I slap my wife 20 years ago? Yes. Do I regret it? Yes. Would I do it again? No. I slapped Diane one time. It was a stupid thing to do and I…regret it now. It caused some discoloration of her left eye and some puffiness.
And what about the part of locking her in the closet? “It caused some discoloration of her left eye and some puffiness.” So it wasn’t real black but a shade of blue? Assault or offensive touching ? Still a crime!.
Allegations of domestic abuse have dogged Carper since his first run for Congress in 1982. Delaware Democrats didn’t much care for those accusations and Carper easily won his race–largely based on the perception that the story about Carper’s wife-beating was untrue. At the time, Carper referred to the allegations as “totally false” and “without basis in fact.”