kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato… Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat…
- God Rest Selma Gipson’s soul. My best Red Clay Friend.
- Delaware School Board Candidate says , she won’t serve if elected.
- Did Joe Biden give the nod to local legislators to infringe on Delawareans’ Second Amendment Rights ? Police to issue authorization cards to the public before they make gun purchase? WTF @NRA @seanhannity
- Social Promotion is an escape for teachers who can’t teach.
- Cory Booker are you really black ? @seanhannity @CoryBooker @ChrisCuomo
- We are hiring a Major Gifts Officer to join our development team, in addition to the aforementioned openings in our… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @richardwhitmir @Fitz_ly @gtoppo @The74 With respect, I'd urge you to find out if your reliance on teachers unions… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Tune in to The Wright Moment in Comcast Channel 28 NOW (at 5pm). 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- RT @DE_Nonprofit: What would Delaware look like without @contactlifeline? Join us as we highlight why the Nonprofit sector is integral for… 10 hours ago
- RT @ezraklein: It's a sign of the rot in our political system that all conversation about holding the president accountable takes the form… 8 hours ago
- Join me! fast4yemen.org twitter.com/shireen818/sta… 1 week ago
- Had a superb dialogue, filled with love and compassion, at @Harvard with my dear brother @marclamonthill -- Many ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Traffic update- Roadway Open - John J Williams Hwy is now open 10 hours ago
Daily Archives: February 11, 2018
Dem Senator Tom Carper Admitted to Giving His Ex-Wife a Black Eye by Colin Kalmbacher | 2:29 pm, February 10th, 2018
Senator Tom Carper (D-DE) admitted to hitting his then-wife so hard that it left her with a black eye.
A little-noticed episode from Carper’s past is now being re-litigated in light of recent news cycles dealing with domestic abuse committed by powerful men working at the highest levels of government in the nation’s capital. In a 1998 interview, Carper said:
Did I slap my wife 20 years ago? Yes. Do I regret it? Yes. Would I do it again? No. I slapped Diane one time. It was a stupid thing to do and I…regret it now. It caused some discoloration of her left eye and some puffiness.
And what about the part of locking her in the closet? “It caused some discoloration of her left eye and some puffiness.” So it wasn’t real black but a shade of blue? Assault or offensive touching ? Still a crime!.
Allegations of domestic abuse have dogged Carper since his first run for Congress in 1982. Delaware Democrats didn’t much care for those accusations and Carper easily won his race–largely based on the perception that the story about Carper’s wife-beating was untrue. At the time, Carper referred to the allegations as “totally false” and “without basis in fact.”