Former campaign chairman Paul Manafort pled not guilty to money laundering, tax fraud and foreign lobbying related to work in Ukraine.
The indictment states that of the 23 LLCs Manafort used in the alleged scheme, nine were in Delaware.
State Rep. John Kowalko, D-Delaware, said this illustrates Delaware’s complicity in enabling corruption through lax LLC licensing laws.
“I’m sure there are other entities out there that are questionable that we renew them year after year without a screening process,” he said.
Kowalko’s bill aims to create a process to weed out individuals and entities that use an LLC status to hide activities like money laundering, arms dealing, drug trafficking and human trafficking.
The law would put restrictions on individuals and entities identified by federal agencies as a threat to the country.
“This will enable us to guard against future intrusions, whether it be in the case of Backpage human trafficking, or El Chapo, who had a Delaware LLC with drug money, or other instances where it has been ascertained there are money launderers, drug money smugglers, arming of terrorist organizations that are filtering their money through Delaware LLCs, and it should not be difficult to identify these overtly threatening applicants,” Kowalko said.
“I think this bill is a first step to reigning in our enthusiasm to just sign everybody up for a $300 licensing fee.”
Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Governor John Carney… kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa…
- Is the Immigrant Caravan a drug cartel created diversion ? @seanhannity
- Corey Booker releases 2020 Campaign Song @ingrahamAngle
- University of Delaware rated #1 party school. 100 students arrested this weekend for underage drinking! They should be expelled from college.
- Death’s rattle at the gates of America
- Hicks Anderson didn’t march to the white man’s drum!
- .@WVU once claimed "student organization don't have due process rights," now claims sanctions are not sanctions and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @MyDaughtersArmy: His name is Nathan Phillips. A Vietnam veteran. Here he speaks about the incident. “I wish I could see that energy,… 24 minutes ago
- Let's not confuse things -- racism is a moral issue with political consequences. Such moral issues have leftist, ri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- What can progressives do about the global shift to the right? We discuss at @TheRealNews #watch bit.ly/2AsEIUE Thoughts? 2 weeks ago
- Preparing for Pending Inclement Weather dsp.delaware.gov/2019/01/19/pre… This weekend into Monday morning, Delaware may ex… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago