Lt. Steven Floyd requested on Jan. 20 that specific inmates be moved out of Building C at the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center.
His request was never carried out, according to a final review of the Feb. 1 prison siege. Weeks after Floyd’s request, he was killed inside that same building by inmates at the state’s largest prison.
“Most unfortunately, the Independent Review Team believes that had the request for the removal of certain inmates from the C-Building — made on Jan. 20, 2017, by the very correctional officer who was killed during the incident that began on Feb. 1, 2017 — been taken more seriously and carried out, the incident and the resulting death may not have occurred,” the report said.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
Will Garfinkel on Forget about doing the right t… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… Arthur on Forget about doing the right t… Dpont23 on The implosion of the former G.… Arthur on Holy EPER ! Has the time come… Dpont23 on Holy EPER ! Has the time come… M Ryder on This how Harnett County North… kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C…
- Lawsuit bitch-slapping Delaware public schools for state’s failure to serve students mental and behavioral disorders misguided! DSEA asleep at the wheel !
- Who Protects Kids When Teacher Unions Won’t? The DSEA and NEA Response To Shocking Video Is Horrendous!
- Forget about doing the right thing :The stage has been set for property reassessment to increase “public” school funding.
- Being honest somethings offends friends. However, offended friends may not be friends
- The implosion of the former G.M. / Fisker Boxwood Plant will implode Red Clay local school taxes.
- @CAPD_freespeech Are inquisitions a thing of the past or still relevant in the 21st century? New @CAPD_freespeech: thefire.org/clear-and-pres… 13 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @NicGarcia @ByMoriah @fvaraorta @Chalkbeat @MelanieBalakit @debbietruong @_sallyho @MelLeonor_ @DaniDougPost Great… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @heythereshelbs: #Delaware beaches ready for Memorial Day Weekend visitors, start of summer @WDEL @DelawareTourism @delaware_gov #netde… 19 hours ago
- RT @AP: BREAKING: Irish election official confirms landslide victory for abortion rights advocates as Ireland repeals constitutional ban. 16 hours ago
- Reflecting on my dear brother, the late James Cone -- New York's Riverside Church, May 7, 2018 -- #TRANSCRIPT bit.ly/2s8uML1 3 days ago
- A beautiful service for my dear brother, James Cone. I will miss him. But his legacy lives on: vimeo.com/268635754 2 weeks ago
- Dewey Beach – The Delaware State Police have identified Peter M. Rudnicki, 22, of Bethesda, Maryland, as the pedest… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago