How’s your governor doing? Carney’s approval rating drops in poll Amy Cherry / Delaware 109.5 FM
The Democrat remains in positive territory at 52 percent in the Morning Consult’s poll of 50 states, but Carney’s net approval rating has dropped 19 points since he stepped into the governor’s office in January. Carney’s approval rating actually only dropped by 9 points, but his disapproval ratings grew by 10 points. Those figures combined represent a net 19-point change in his standings.
The slip could be tied to painful budget decisions in Dover, where lawmakers missed their deadline for the first times in decades.
“That’s what a lot of governors are facing–there really aren’t a lot of good choices budget-wise,” said David Mark, executive editor of Morning Consult. “It’s a matter of making painful cuts, perhaps, having to raise taxes in some cases, not generally what governors particularly enjoy doing.”
Will Garfinkel on Time to restrict school board… M Ryder on Did Christina’s Superint… Dpont23 on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… kilroysdelaware on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… John Young on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint…
- Compromise on starting Delaware public school after Labor Day
- Time to restrict school board election to board member’s nominating district !
- Oops my ass ! Incompetency still runs deep at the Delaware Department of Education ! And may God be on your side Secret Squirrel :)
- Did Christina’s Superintendent Order Code Red on John Young?
- WTF ! Christina School Board President Power Grab !
- @glukianoff @ConstitutionCtr @RosenJeffrey And if you're interested in preordering Coddling of the American Mind, i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Lastly, read more about the new Facebook "political ad" database in @ProPublica. propublica.org/article/facebo… 2 hours ago
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Powers seeks to create farmland preservation program for #NCCDE: wdel.com/news/powers-se… | #netDE https://t.co/f58VXZMuDk 22 hours ago
- RT @ABC: Pres. Obama: Democracy demands getting inside "the reality of people who are different than us." "You can't do it if you insist t… 1 hour ago
- We must be morally consistent and politically honest — then and now. bit.ly/2zFU22m via @AlJazeera 22 hours ago
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of one of my early texts Race Matters throughout the weekend at Dartmouth in New H… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Follow @DEStatePolice