How’s your governor doing? Carney’s approval rating drops in poll Amy Cherry / Delaware 109.5 FM
The Democrat remains in positive territory at 52 percent in the Morning Consult’s poll of 50 states, but Carney’s net approval rating has dropped 19 points since he stepped into the governor’s office in January. Carney’s approval rating actually only dropped by 9 points, but his disapproval ratings grew by 10 points. Those figures combined represent a net 19-point change in his standings.
The slip could be tied to painful budget decisions in Dover, where lawmakers missed their deadline for the first times in decades.
“That’s what a lot of governors are facing–there really aren’t a lot of good choices budget-wise,” said David Mark, executive editor of Morning Consult. “It’s a matter of making painful cuts, perhaps, having to raise taxes in some cases, not generally what governors particularly enjoy doing.”
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
- News Journal’s Jimmy Olsen aka Matthew Albright has amazing brain-fart on local politics
- Colonial local taxpayers did not vote on using referendum monies to bailout DAPSS.
- Here is what Delaware Governor John Carney can do to better protect students and staff from gun violence and more
- Colonial School District on dangerous path re: take-over of DAPSS
- He’s back !! Mike Matthews blogging again !
- Campus free speech bill introduced in Wyoming extends some protections, but requires significant revisions: thefire.org/campus-free-sp… 6 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- These darn 🦅 fans are cheering and chanting as we board the plane. This is going to be a long two hours. 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Also, as @ScottGossDel illustrates, McDonald's plays a large role in small-town journalism. 9 hours ago
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 2 weeks ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 month ago
- Dover- The Delaware State Police Sex Offender Apprehension and Registration Unit (S.O.A.R) is currently looking... fb.me/7vdWMEAL5 8 hours ago