Carney proposes tax hikes, spending cuts in Del. state budget Matthew Albright , The News Journal
Most Delawareans would see their taxes increased and virtually every part of state government — including schools — would lose funding under Gov. John Carney’s plan to erase the state’s $385.6 million budget hole.
The eligibility age for personal credits and retirement income tax breaks would gradually rise from 60 to 65.
Carney’s plan reduces by $100 a tax break that senior citizens get on their school property tax bills.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
- Colonial local taxpayers did not vote on using referendum monies to bailout DAPSS.
- Here is what Delaware Governor John Carney can do to better protect students and staff from gun violence and more
- Colonial School District on dangerous path re: take-over of DAPSS
- He’s back !! Mike Matthews blogging again !
- School boards need set policies prohibiting derogatory remarks of the President of The United States and all elected officials by teachers in the classroom
- New activism toolkit from @FSNspeaks will help students to stand up for speech and educate their peers about the im… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- These darn 🦅 fans are cheering and chanting as we board the plane. This is going to be a long two hours. 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @WDEL: Del. State Auditor Tom Wagner (R) to not seek re-election, will need a kidney transplant. #netde #votede 4 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 2 weeks ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 month ago
- (Canterbury rd.) Canterbury rd. has been re-opened 6 hours ago