Carney calls for 75 more officers, new equipment in prisons Matthew Albright , Jessica Masulli Reyes , Brittany Horn and Esteban Parra , The News Journal
Gov. John Carney wants to add 75 new correctional officers and buy new safety equipment for prison staffers after an officer was killed last month during a hostage crisis at James T. Vaughn Correctional Center near Smyrna.
In the short term, Carney has authorized $340,000 to purchase new protective gear and communications equipment. His administration also has increased the frequency of random security sweeps at Vaughn by specialized teams.
For the longer term, Carney said he will ask the General Assembly to hire 50 new correctional officers at Vaughn and 25 new officers at Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution. That would cost an estimated $2.3 million.
The governor also wants to spend $1.2 million next year on new safety equipment.
delawareway on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… M Ryder on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kevin Ohlandt on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Elizabeth on Last one out of Kilroy’s… M Ryder on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kilroy Was Here, And… on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kevin Ohlandt on Last one out of Kilroy’s…
- Last one out of Kilroy’s please turn off the light!
- Not for war! But it’s time spank Kim Jong-un
- OMG! Wilmington’s new super cop has data in his gun not bullets!
- DE PTA and DSEA bitch-slaps former DE Sec of Ed
- Public castration for the sick bastard in New Castle County Delaware! Re: kidnap and rape of a 4 year-old
- RT @FSNspeaks: Our other breakout speaker is @tylercoward. He's leading a discussion about campus free speech controversies. #FSNinLA17 htt… 9 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Saddened by the text I received earlier today. Our fellow #dsuhornet. twitter.com/radiodawson/st… 3 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 10 months ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: Trump's order is disappointing. #DE doesn't support any exploration or extraction of fossil fuels from the Atlantic. http… 14 hours ago
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Prof. @CornelWest and HDS alum @McCormickProf on free speech in higher ed. twitter.com/FoxNews/status… 2 days ago
- It's time to break the American duopoly and to allow poor and working people’s voices to be heard. bit.ly/2oyCcsc @democracynow 2 days ago
- Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Gary Fournier Bridgeville - The Delaware State Police... fb.me/1tI1XuIBT 10 hours ago