Delaware had the second highest foreclosure rate in the nation last year, a recent study reported.
The study also found overall foreclosure activity in Delaware jumped 45 percent last year compared to 2015, the largest increase of any state. Delaware’s dramatic rise is somewhat surprising given that overall foreclosure activity nationwide dropped 15 percent.
Local experts said Delaware’s foreclosure crisis is the result of the state’s stagnant wages making it difficult for residents to keep up with mortgage payments. Workers living paycheck to paycheck get blindsided by expensive home repairs or medical bills and their finances become chaotic. Without rising wages, they can find themselves in a financial hole.
delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school… Arthur on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… john kowalko on Gov Carney’s swipe at te…
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola tells CSD Board Member John Young; Kiss Gov Carney’s Ass or We’ll Remove You!
- Delaware Rep Kowalko Speaks Out Against Baumbach and Sokola Communist Legislation
- What happens to a local school board member who doesn’t play ball with Governor John Carney!
- Delaware State Rep Kowalko puts Gov Mar-Carney in the corner re: Gov’s over-reaching Christina School District Plan
- Are you a student interested in learning about your rights on campus? FIRE's Guides can help: thefire.org/first-amendmen… 7 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Sign up for @TaraGarciaM's excellent "Future of Learning" newsletter for @hechingerreport. I highly recommend it. 💯 hechingerreport.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=66… 4 days ago
- I have a sneaky suspicion that tonight’s snow has snuck up on public works. No trucks are in sight. No salt on the streets. #HEYWEATHERMAN 3 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: Repeal of #netneutrality rules could increase costs for consumers and small businesses, and limit access to important onl… 23 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- .@tanehisicoates fetishizes white supremacy. His analysis/vision of our world is too narrow & dangerously misleadin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Yet prophetic fight back still looms large. #RaceMatters #newintro #25yearslater Link to purchase: amzn.to/2koqRd0 1 week ago
- Rehoboth Beach – Aaron Jenkins has been located, the Gold Alert has been cancelled. Gold Alert Issued for... fb.me/6jpIdGiJr 9 hours ago