Delaware had the second highest foreclosure rate in the nation last year, a recent study reported.
The study also found overall foreclosure activity in Delaware jumped 45 percent last year compared to 2015, the largest increase of any state. Delaware’s dramatic rise is somewhat surprising given that overall foreclosure activity nationwide dropped 15 percent.
Local experts said Delaware’s foreclosure crisis is the result of the state’s stagnant wages making it difficult for residents to keep up with mortgage payments. Workers living paycheck to paycheck get blindsided by expensive home repairs or medical bills and their finances become chaotic. Without rising wages, they can find themselves in a financial hole.
Mike Broaddus on Message to North Korea militar… kilroysdelaware on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Matthews on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Broaddus on Why is it necessary to publish… kilroysdelaware on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Red Clay forms committee to ad… M Ryder on Red Clay forms committee to ad… Arthur on OMG ! Rodel is trying to cover… Mike Broaddus on Weak-kneed Obama defers war wi…
- Why aren’t weather reporters in Florida not wearing hardhats or protective helmets?? @weatherchannel @cnn
- Delaware legislators refuse to fund all public schools the same! @dedeptofed @destateboarded @johncarneyde @
- Rep Kowalko on his soapbox bitch-slapping
- Message to North Korea military leaders save your families from Kim Jong-um #NORTHKOREA @DPRK_News
- China is North Korea’s puppet-master! Stop shopping at Walmart!
- University of Wisconsin–Madison deletes students’ video amid criticism from state senator: thefire.org/university-of-… https://t.co/ZwM2N4QXCw 12 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @hechingerreport @magstock @nhannahjones Here's @emmanuelfelton's story, published the same week as the other story… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Made it down this morning for #CBC17 @CBCFInc. @BishopCEBlake and @PastorSCaesar #prayerbreakfast. 17 minutes ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 3 weeks ago
- The relative silence of those Americans who ought to be a part of an anti-fascist coalition is the real challenge. snappytv.com/tc/5522434 1 month ago
- Newark- Delaware State Police have arrested two people and have charged them in connection with a pair of armed... fb.me/1hc3jege7 16 hours ago