M Ryder on Delaware HB 287 calls for equa… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school…
- OMG! Rep Ramone! Check the chlorine level in your pool! HB 236
- HB 278 reducing school board terms from 5 years to 4 is a roll of the dice
- Delaware HB 287 calls for equal diplomas for Special Education and Regular Education
- President Trumps economic success a windfall for Delaware state budget
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- Proposed University of Maine System policy unduly restricts faculty political activity: thefire.org/proposed-unive… https://t.co/m2JhJqTTrU 17 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @Avi_WA: This won't be controversial at all in #phled land: the74million.org/article/exclus… 46 minutes ago
- @kbroad2011 @jenben19 #Thanks to @comcast @comcastcares #internetessentials sponsor of the @Dell #laptops for our… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- @BryanTownsendDE Agreed--unfortunate! Fair--we view breaking as sort of happening now or this just in terminology. 35 minutes ago
- Also, if Amazon goes to Jersey because of that enormous tax break offer, don't say we didn't warn you: delawareonline.com/story/opinion/… 58 minutes ago
- The undeniable collapse of integrity, honesty and decency in our public and private life has fueled racial hatred a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- King was a product of a black prophetic tradition, full of fire in his bones, love in his heart, light in his mind,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Wilmington – Delaware State Police detectives have arrested Cody Bowman-Moak, 17, of Wilmington, for his... fb.me/EmHWEl1e 17 hours ago
Dopey State Legislators! Just end the class size waivers ! Pilot Program with seed money always defaults back on local taxpayers!
What happens next?
Awaiting consideration in Committee
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO THE CREATION OF A PILOT PROGRAM FOR DISADVANTAGED STUDENTS IN EARLY PRIMARY GRADES FOCUSED ON REDUCED CLASS SIZE AND AN INTENSIVE LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
Some students from disadvantaged backgrounds arrive at school lacking the same vocabulary and word recognition skills of their peers, putting them at a disadvantage when developing literacy skills in primary grades. In analyzing this disparity, studies have shown that the third grade is a critical turning point in educational development and that students who are not preforming at grade level by this point will continue to fall behind their peers at an increasingly rapid pace. This Act will seek to diminish this performance gap by creating a 3-year pilot program for disadvantaged students in primary grades in Delaware public schools. The State will provide $1 million in grant funding per year, over a 3-year period, to support the pilot program. Under the Act, Delaware State University, Delaware Technical and Community College, and the University of Delaware are invited to help collect and analyze data to assess the program.