M Ryder on Delaware HB 287 calls for equa… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school…
- OMG! Rep Ramone! Check the chlorine level in your pool! HB 236
- HB 278 reducing school board terms from 5 years to 4 is a roll of the dice
- Delaware HB 287 calls for equal diplomas for Special Education and Regular Education
- President Trumps economic success a windfall for Delaware state budget
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- Proposed University of Maine System policy unduly restricts faculty political activity: thefire.org/proposed-unive… https://t.co/m2JhJqTTrU 17 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @Avi_WA: This won't be controversial at all in #phled land: the74million.org/article/exclus… 41 minutes ago
- @kbroad2011 @jenben19 #Thanks to @comcast @comcastcares #internetessentials sponsor of the @Dell #laptops for our… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- @BryanTownsendDE Agreed--unfortunate! Fair--we view breaking as sort of happening now or this just in terminology. 30 minutes ago
- Also, if Amazon goes to Jersey because of that enormous tax break offer, don't say we didn't warn you: delawareonline.com/story/opinion/… 53 minutes ago
- The undeniable collapse of integrity, honesty and decency in our public and private life has fueled racial hatred a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- King was a product of a black prophetic tradition, full of fire in his bones, love in his heart, light in his mind,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Wilmington – Delaware State Police detectives have arrested Cody Bowman-Moak, 17, of Wilmington, for his... fb.me/EmHWEl1e 17 hours ago
compulsory school attendance in Delaware from 16 to 18 years of age. And how much $$$ will this add to the budget?
What happens next?
Committee Hearing takes place within twelve legislative days.
AN ACT TO AMEND THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO SCHOOL ATTENDANCE.
This Act increases the age requirement for compulsory school attendance in Delaware from 16 to 18 years of age. The age increase is phased in over a two-year period; accordingly, there is a one-year interim period where the compulsory school attendance age requirement will be 17 years old. The Act further provides that a child may be exempt from the age requirement for compulsory school attendance if the child has received a high school diploma or a certificate of performance or obtains permission to withdraw from school from the superintendent of the district in which the child is enrolled or from the president of the board of the charter school in which the child is enrolled. To obtain a waiver from the date of enactment of this Act until August 31, 2018, a child must be at least 16 years old. To obtain a waiver on or after September 1, 2018, a child must be at least 17 years old. The Act preserves the exemption under which a child may be excused from compulsory attendance upon request of the child’s parent or legal guardian coupled with supporting written documentation from a qualified health professional.