M Ryder on M Ryder calls-out JY and Mr… Steven Fackenthall on Here we go again on gun reform… M Ryder on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Arthur on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Alby on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… jax2816 on Teacher claims she can reduce… Arthur on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former…
- Senator John McCain drops to knees for Joe Biden! Not a hero in my book!
- Wake up Delaware Governor John Carney!
- Trump wants to end welfare subsides for insurance companies ! GOOD FOR HIM
- Rep Kowalko taking on DPL rate increase request! Join him !
- With new Governors comes another agenda to reform public education! WTF Johnny
- Universities should endorse free expression now, avoid criticism later: thefire.org/universities-s… 13 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- I've been barking about this for a while. How can a free market work for schools if there is information asymmetry?… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- It's been an awful, violent week in Delaware. How should we respond? My column: delawareonline.com/story/opinion/… #netDE 17 hours ago
- When the truth catches fire... via @cnn - Patriotism, The Players and The President app.frame.io/f/6e8SUiLq 3 weeks ago
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- On Tuesday, October 17th, 2017, The Delaware State Police Troop 5 administration hosted an event to better... fb.me/874NYMhAy 18 hours ago
compulsory school attendance in Delaware from 16 to 18 years of age. And how much $$$ will this add to the budget?
What happens next?
Committee Hearing takes place within twelve legislative days.
AN ACT TO AMEND THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO SCHOOL ATTENDANCE.
This Act increases the age requirement for compulsory school attendance in Delaware from 16 to 18 years of age. The age increase is phased in over a two-year period; accordingly, there is a one-year interim period where the compulsory school attendance age requirement will be 17 years old. The Act further provides that a child may be exempt from the age requirement for compulsory school attendance if the child has received a high school diploma or a certificate of performance or obtains permission to withdraw from school from the superintendent of the district in which the child is enrolled or from the president of the board of the charter school in which the child is enrolled. To obtain a waiver from the date of enactment of this Act until August 31, 2018, a child must be at least 16 years old. To obtain a waiver on or after September 1, 2018, a child must be at least 17 years old. The Act preserves the exemption under which a child may be excused from compulsory attendance upon request of the child’s parent or legal guardian coupled with supporting written documentation from a qualified health professional.