Castle opines on Trump Frank Gerace Published Jan 15, 2017 at 6:40 pm | Updated Jan 16, 2017 at 11:08 am WDEL
Former U.S. Congressman and Delaware Governor Mike Castle said his views on President-elect Donald Trump are mixed.
There are things he likes about Trump, including the way he’s shaken up the D.C. status quo, the veteran Republican said.
“Challenging as that may be, and challenging as he is, we’ll have the benefit of everybody looking around carefully in terms of what they’re doing, and perhaps improving the service of the federal government to the populace in general,” said Castle.
Castle said some of Trump’s negative qualities are his seeming “impulsiveness” and what the ex-congressman views as out-of-control behavior.
Like the President-elect himself, many of Trump’s Cabinet picks march to their own tune policy-wise, including Education Secretary nominee Betsy DeVos, Castle added.
“The use of vouchers and charter schools, etc cetera, and how a lot of other people in this country do, that is that we need to make all of our education stronger, and that’s not necessarily a difference from Trump, but clearly a Cabinet secretary that’s going in a different direction than the country has been going, “said Castle.
Before making a final judgment, Castle said he’s taking a “wait-and-see” attitude on Trump.
delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school… Arthur on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… john kowalko on Gov Carney’s swipe at te…
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola tells CSD Board Member John Young; Kiss Gov Carney’s Ass or We’ll Remove You!
- Delaware Rep Kowalko Speaks Out Against Baumbach and Sokola Communist Legislation
- What happens to a local school board member who doesn’t play ball with Governor John Carney!
- Delaware State Rep Kowalko puts Gov Mar-Carney in the corner re: Gov’s over-reaching Christina School District Plan
- Are you a student interested in learning about your rights on campus? FIRE's Guides can help: thefire.org/first-amendmen… 7 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Sign up for @TaraGarciaM's excellent "Future of Learning" newsletter for @hechingerreport. I highly recommend it. 💯 hechingerreport.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=66… 4 days ago
- I have a sneaky suspicion that tonight’s snow has snuck up on public works. No trucks are in sight. No salt on the streets. #HEYWEATHERMAN 3 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: Repeal of #netneutrality rules could increase costs for consumers and small businesses, and limit access to important onl… 1 day ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- .@tanehisicoates fetishizes white supremacy. His analysis/vision of our world is too narrow & dangerously misleadin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Yet prophetic fight back still looms large. #RaceMatters #newintro #25yearslater Link to purchase: amzn.to/2koqRd0 1 week ago
- Rehoboth Beach – Aaron Jenkins has been located, the Gold Alert has been cancelled. Gold Alert Issued for... fb.me/6jpIdGiJr 10 hours ago