Castle opines on Trump Frank Gerace Published Jan 15, 2017 at 6:40 pm | Updated Jan 16, 2017 at 11:08 am WDEL
Former U.S. Congressman and Delaware Governor Mike Castle said his views on President-elect Donald Trump are mixed.
There are things he likes about Trump, including the way he’s shaken up the D.C. status quo, the veteran Republican said.
“Challenging as that may be, and challenging as he is, we’ll have the benefit of everybody looking around carefully in terms of what they’re doing, and perhaps improving the service of the federal government to the populace in general,” said Castle.
Castle said some of Trump’s negative qualities are his seeming “impulsiveness” and what the ex-congressman views as out-of-control behavior.
Like the President-elect himself, many of Trump’s Cabinet picks march to their own tune policy-wise, including Education Secretary nominee Betsy DeVos, Castle added.
“The use of vouchers and charter schools, etc cetera, and how a lot of other people in this country do, that is that we need to make all of our education stronger, and that’s not necessarily a difference from Trump, but clearly a Cabinet secretary that’s going in a different direction than the country has been going, “said Castle.
Before making a final judgment, Castle said he’s taking a “wait-and-see” attitude on Trump.
Mike Broaddus on Message to North Korea militar… kilroysdelaware on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Matthews on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Broaddus on Why is it necessary to publish… kilroysdelaware on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Red Clay forms committee to ad… M Ryder on Red Clay forms committee to ad… Arthur on OMG ! Rodel is trying to cover… Mike Broaddus on Weak-kneed Obama defers war wi…
- Why aren’t weather reporters in Florida not wearing hardhats or protective helmets?? @weatherchannel @cnn
- Delaware legislators refuse to fund all public schools the same! @dedeptofed @destateboarded @johncarneyde @
- Rep Kowalko on his soapbox bitch-slapping
- Message to North Korea military leaders save your families from Kim Jong-um #NORTHKOREA @DPRK_News
- China is North Korea’s puppet-master! Stop shopping at Walmart!
- University of Wisconsin–Madison deletes students’ video amid criticism from state senator: thefire.org/university-of-… https://t.co/ZwM2N4QXCw 12 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @hechingerreport @magstock @nhannahjones Here's @emmanuelfelton's story, published the same week as the other story… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Made it down this morning for #CBC17 @CBCFInc. @BishopCEBlake and @PastorSCaesar #prayerbreakfast. 16 minutes ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 3 weeks ago
- The relative silence of those Americans who ought to be a part of an anti-fascist coalition is the real challenge. snappytv.com/tc/5522434 1 month ago
- Newark- Delaware State Police have arrested two people and have charged them in connection with a pair of armed... fb.me/1hc3jege7 16 hours ago