Indian River Finance Director Patrick Miller under investigation Former Sen. George Bunting wants misspent funds paid back: Cape Gazette by Melissa Steele December 19, 2016
A former state senator says taxpayers of Indian River School District should recoup thousands of dollars that the state auditor says were improperly spent by the district finance officer.
“What he has done has hurt future referendums,” said George Bunting, a former state senator who served both Cape Henlopen and Indian River school districts.
Already, the Indian River school board has approved another operating expense referendum for March 2, 2017. The referendum, approved Dec. 14 by the board, is similar to a $7.35 million one that failed Nov. 22 by 20 votes. Voters are again asked to approve a 49 cent tax increase to help pay for salaries, technology and school expenses.
Patrick Miller, former chief financial officer for Indian River, made more than $162,000 a year when he was suspended with pay from his job in April. He officially retired in June.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid…
- This how Harnett County North Carolina Democratic Party treats V.P. of North Carolina Progressive Democratic Caucus last night
- Is a certain North Carolina congressional district (D) $$$ dealing from the bottom of the $$$ deck to one of three candidates in advance of primary? @huffpost @TheNCpress @ap
- Liberal Trojan Horse: calling for banning assault weapons is nothing more than stepping stone to eliminate 2nd Amendment.
- Delaware: No Pot for Pain but Safe Shooting Galleries for those hooked on Horse
- HB#2343: Terrorist can live in Delaware but can’t purchase or own firearms ? Walk the talk Debbie !
- Update: Fresno State University held a press conference this afternoon, announcing the initiation of an investigati… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Melania Trump issued a press statement (without her husband) about the death of Barbara Bush a full 10 minutes befo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- In today's gross news: "It smells like death:" Alabama endures NYC "poop train:" nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-… https://t.co/hoyIiee7iv 17 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- RT @DCWarnerTheatre: PRESALE -- Justice Matters: Dr. @CornelWest and @DomenicoNPR on May 31st! Use code “DANCE” until 10PM Thursday: https:… 18 hours ago
- My dear brothers and sisters of DC, join me May 31 at @DCWarnerTheatre for a timely #JusticeMatters talk with #NPR… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- Smyrna- Delaware State Police have arrested three suspects in connection with a shots fired complaint that occurred… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago