Democratic leaders in General Assembly challenged Matthew Albright, The News Journal
Saying Delaware needs new blood in the Legislature, several political newcomers are challenging veteran, high-ranking General Assembly Democrats in the Sept. 13 primary.
The highest-ranking members of the House of Representatives, Speaker of the House Pete Schwartzkopf and Majority Leader Valerie Longhurst, each have challengers. So does Sen. Harris McDowell, one of the longest-tenured lawmakers and chairman of the influential Joint Finance Committee.
The odds solidly favor the incumbents, who have been getting elected for years and have better name recognition and better-funded campaigns. But their opponents say they’re running because Delaware needs new leaders with new ideas.
“I think the fact is that the establishment needs to be questioned and challenged,” said Don Peterson, who is facing Schwartzkopf. “That’s what this election is all about”
M Ryder on Delaware HB 287 calls for equa… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school…
- OMG! Rep Ramone! Check the chlorine level in your pool! HB 236
- HB 278 reducing school board terms from 5 years to 4 is a roll of the dice
- Delaware HB 287 calls for equal diplomas for Special Education and Regular Education
- President Trumps economic success a windfall for Delaware state budget
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- @Popehat FIRE’s West Coast Regional Conference is free to attend, open to current students at U.S. colleges, and wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 39 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: In 2018, these are our priorities. I’m here today asking you to join me in making these goals a reality. #DESOTS https://… 21 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Humbling experience to cook dinner for kids and their families at the #WilmDE @RMHDelaware w/ @WDEL @937WSTW!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 minutes ago
- So the real goal is to create a separate firearms regulator that they can then starve like the CFPB or EPA, right? twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT… 4 hours ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 day ago
- The undeniable collapse of integrity, honesty and decency in our public and private life has fueled racial hatred a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Clayton - The Delaware State Police have arrested two suspects in connection with a robbery in which the victim... fb.me/VQURn0sU 38 minutes ago