Democratic leaders in General Assembly challenged Matthew Albright, The News Journal
Saying Delaware needs new blood in the Legislature, several political newcomers are challenging veteran, high-ranking General Assembly Democrats in the Sept. 13 primary.
The highest-ranking members of the House of Representatives, Speaker of the House Pete Schwartzkopf and Majority Leader Valerie Longhurst, each have challengers. So does Sen. Harris McDowell, one of the longest-tenured lawmakers and chairman of the influential Joint Finance Committee.
The odds solidly favor the incumbents, who have been getting elected for years and have better name recognition and better-funded campaigns. But their opponents say they’re running because Delaware needs new leaders with new ideas.
“I think the fact is that the establishment needs to be questioned and challenged,” said Don Peterson, who is facing Schwartzkopf. “That’s what this election is all about”
M Ryder on M Ryder calls-out JY and Mr… Steven Fackenthall on Here we go again on gun reform… M Ryder on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Arthur on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Alby on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… jax2816 on Teacher claims she can reduce… Arthur on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former…
- Senator John McCain drops to knees for Joe Biden! Not a hero in my book!
- Wake up Delaware Governor John Carney!
- Trump wants to end welfare subsides for insurance companies ! GOOD FOR HIM
- Rep Kowalko taking on DPL rate increase request! Join him !
- With new Governors comes another agenda to reform public education! WTF Johnny
- Universities should endorse free expression now, avoid criticism later: thefire.org/universities-s… 13 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- I've been barking about this for a while. How can a free market work for schools if there is information asymmetry?… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- It's been an awful, violent week in Delaware. How should we respond? My column: delawareonline.com/story/opinion/… #netDE 17 hours ago
- When the truth catches fire... via @cnn - Patriotism, The Players and The President app.frame.io/f/6e8SUiLq 3 weeks ago
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- On Tuesday, October 17th, 2017, The Delaware State Police Troop 5 administration hosted an event to better... fb.me/874NYMhAy 18 hours ago