For those who haven’t heard, I am jumping into the fire! Anyone reading this blog knows my stances on education. Is it enough though? We need change and we need it now.
These are the reasons I am running. I will tackle each reason below.
- Far too many Dover residents don’t want to send their child to Capital School District.
- Every student needs to be treated as an individual and not a test score.
- Our middle schools need a lot of help.
- We need more fiscal transparency and accountability.
- Low-Income Students.
- The Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Student Data.
- More participation from parents in the district.
- Special Education.
- More participation in state legislative matters.
- Charter schools within our district.
- Support for our teachers.
- Ensuring opt out of standardized testing is honored as a parental right.
- More focus on the arts.
- Perception of the district.
- Perception of Dover as a result of…
View original post 3,571 more words