There have been some very dishonest and disingenuous tactics used by certain groups outside the Christina community to disenfranchise and misinform you, the voting public, and sway you to oppose the welfare of the children in Christina. A pattern has emerged of persistently and falsely stating that the district is swollen with an unnecessarily large bureaucracy. The documented truth is that in recent years Christina has trimmed its administration staff by a huge number and has markedly fewer administrators than districts with smaller student populations and special needs obligations.
As of March 4, 2016 the District had 2,615 Employees, and a total of 84 administrators, the majority of whom are professional leaders of schools and programs. Here is the current list of administrators. “Special Schools” include the statewide programs at Delaware School for the Deaf, Delaware Autism Program, and REACH program for students with severe special needs. “Supervisors” oversee operational areas such as transportation, child nutrition services, financial services, and other services that are tied to students.
As a District, Christina has less Administrators this year than last year. Specifically, they have reduced the Central Office by 6 Administrators, and have 2 Senior Administrative positions authorized and unfilled. Currently they have 65 Administrators paid with a combination of State and Local Unrestricted Funds (Operating Tax). This breaks down as:
Assistant Superintendent 1
Assistant Principal 24
Grand total 65
They also have additional Administrators funded with a combination of Federal Funds, Restricted Local Funds, or 100% State programs. These programs include the Delaware School for the Deaf, the Delaware Autism Program; REACH/ILC Programs; Adult Education; and Parent Early Education Program. This breaks down as:
Special Program Director 2
Special Program Principal 4
Special Program Asst. Principal 8
Special Program Supervisor 5
Grand total 19
You can see from the above (both tables) that the vast number of Administrators (70%) are directly tied to Schools.
These numbers reflect a very efficient and bare bones administrative staff that is absolutely necessary to ensure a quality education for all of our children.
Rep. John Kowalko
M Ryder on M Ryder calls-out JY and Mr… Steven Fackenthall on Here we go again on gun reform… M Ryder on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Arthur on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Alby on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… jax2816 on Teacher claims she can reduce… Arthur on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former…
- Senator John McCain drops to knees for Joe Biden! Not a hero in my book!
- Wake up Delaware Governor John Carney!
- Trump wants to end welfare subsides for insurance companies ! GOOD FOR HIM
- Rep Kowalko taking on DPL rate increase request! Join him !
- With new Governors comes another agenda to reform public education! WTF Johnny
- Biden: ‘We hurt ourselves badly when we don’t allow’ free speech on campus thefire.org/biden-we-hurt-… 41 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- I've been barking about this for a while. How can a free market work for schools if there is information asymmetry?… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- It's been an awful, violent week in Delaware. How should we respond? My column: delawareonline.com/story/opinion/… #netDE 1 day ago
- When the truth catches fire... via @cnn - Patriotism, The Players and The President app.frame.io/f/6e8SUiLq 3 weeks ago
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- Dover– The following are not wanted. This is a Homeless Sex Offender Public Notification. If you have... fb.me/z9BcJbH0 6 hours ago