There have been some very dishonest and disingenuous tactics used by certain groups outside the Christina community to disenfranchise and misinform you, the voting public, and sway you to oppose the welfare of the children in Christina. A pattern has emerged of persistently and falsely stating that the district is swollen with an unnecessarily large bureaucracy. The documented truth is that in recent years Christina has trimmed its administration staff by a huge number and has markedly fewer administrators than districts with smaller student populations and special needs obligations.
As of March 4, 2016 the District had 2,615 Employees, and a total of 84 administrators, the majority of whom are professional leaders of schools and programs. Here is the current list of administrators. “Special Schools” include the statewide programs at Delaware School for the Deaf, Delaware Autism Program, and REACH program for students with severe special needs. “Supervisors” oversee operational areas such as transportation, child nutrition services, financial services, and other services that are tied to students.
As a District, Christina has less Administrators this year than last year. Specifically, they have reduced the Central Office by 6 Administrators, and have 2 Senior Administrative positions authorized and unfilled. Currently they have 65 Administrators paid with a combination of State and Local Unrestricted Funds (Operating Tax). This breaks down as:
Assistant Superintendent 1
Assistant Principal 24
Grand total 65
They also have additional Administrators funded with a combination of Federal Funds, Restricted Local Funds, or 100% State programs. These programs include the Delaware School for the Deaf, the Delaware Autism Program; REACH/ILC Programs; Adult Education; and Parent Early Education Program. This breaks down as:
Special Program Director 2
Special Program Principal 4
Special Program Asst. Principal 8
Special Program Supervisor 5
Grand total 19
You can see from the above (both tables) that the vast number of Administrators (70%) are directly tied to Schools.
These numbers reflect a very efficient and bare bones administrative staff that is absolutely necessary to ensure a quality education for all of our children.
Rep. John Kowalko
kilroysdelaware on Open Mic for Charter School of… kilroysdelaware on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Mike Broaddus on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Arthur on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… melissa on Forget about doing the right t… Will Garfinkel on Forget about doing the right t… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… Arthur on Forget about doing the right t… Dpont23 on The implosion of the former G.…
- Black lives only matter during election time and in the mean time, racial bias laws continue to separate African-American children from their parents using bars and razor wire.
- Obama caught telling white lies about immigration
- Breaking News ! Bill Clinton share Trumps views on illegal immigrants
- Bad Ass 2016 Shelby GT350 at Boulevard Ford Lewes Delaware. Ask for AJ
- Charter School of Wilmington needs radical leadership change ASAP or kneel before DSEA! @project_veritas
- These programs are technically legal, but this kind of surveillance is absolutely chilling to speech. 3/3 6 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @jackiemader: Migrant children who are separated from their parents and guardians are at risk of experiencing "toxic stress," which impe… 5 hours ago
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 3 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- On July 14 and 15, I’ll be @Dartmouth to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Race Matters" with lectures, presentati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- For Corporate America, there will always be an ambiguity between doing well and doing good. @AC360 #cnn #ABC… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Wilmington– Delaware State Police are continuing to investigate a serious crash involving a motorcycle that occurre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago