148TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
BILL: HOUSE BILL NO. 240
SPONSOR: Representative Longhurst
DESCRIPTION: AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS.
This Act is effective upon signature of the Governor.
This Act establishes the Statewide Afterschool Learning Program whereby schools that meet the State approved indicator for low socioeconomic status are eligible to receive grants to support after-school homework and enrichment programs.
The grants support at least 3 hours of after-school programs that operate 4-5 days per week during the school year. The programs are staffed by a certified teacher at a ratio of 1 teacher for every 10 students.
The grants support students enrolled in grades Kindergarten through 10th grade.
There are a total of 147 Title I schools that may be eligible to participate in the program where the total enrollment in these schools, based on the September 30, 2015 enrollment count, is 78,950 students. Title I schools are schools that receive federal funds for supplemental educational services for students considered low-income.
It is assumed the additional compensation teachers would receive is equivalent to the starting teachers’ salary on the State teacher pay scale, prorated for the minimum hours worked in the program plus other employment costs. As such, a $50,000 grant per school would serve 10% of the eligible population of students 4 days per week.
This Act does not require a local match of program funds. However, participating local school districts have the ability to utilize their existing match tax for Extra Time programs to supplement State program funds.
Inflation is assumed at 2.0% to account for growth in enrollment and personnel costs.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid…
- HB#2343: Terrorist can live in Delaware but can’t purchase or own firearms ? Walk the talk Debbie !
- More Red Clay deception over Conrad Schools of Science! Lawsuit brewing!
- Does the First Amendment only apply for student walkouts if the issue is gun control ?
- Delaware legislators wants schools to complete for safety and security funding !
- Delaware Legislators to make air-soft guns illegal for those under the age of 16 and OMG legislation with more holes than a piece of Swiss Cheese
- New @freespeechtalk features a First Amendment Salon debate about Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Com… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @LearnLeapFly @matt_barnum Read my publication before pitching stories, for starters. Don't send generic pitches. 14 hours ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- #Bermuda Police: Autopsy shows former @ArchmereAcademy student died after "long fall:" wdel.com/news/video-ber… |… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- Pitch e-mail: "It’s Adam from Ministry of Forbidden Knowledge in Fort Lauderdale." 1 hour ago
- Despite the abolition of Roma and African American slavery, criminalization and demonization continues. bit.ly/2ouj4ZI @guardian 4 weeks ago
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 1 month ago
- Bridgeville- The Delaware State Police Troop 5 will be hosting a Town Hall Meeting to provide the public with its 2… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago