148TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
BILL: HOUSE BILL NO. 240
SPONSOR: Representative Longhurst
DESCRIPTION: AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS.
This Act is effective upon signature of the Governor.
This Act establishes the Statewide Afterschool Learning Program whereby schools that meet the State approved indicator for low socioeconomic status are eligible to receive grants to support after-school homework and enrichment programs.
The grants support at least 3 hours of after-school programs that operate 4-5 days per week during the school year. The programs are staffed by a certified teacher at a ratio of 1 teacher for every 10 students.
The grants support students enrolled in grades Kindergarten through 10th grade.
There are a total of 147 Title I schools that may be eligible to participate in the program where the total enrollment in these schools, based on the September 30, 2015 enrollment count, is 78,950 students. Title I schools are schools that receive federal funds for supplemental educational services for students considered low-income.
It is assumed the additional compensation teachers would receive is equivalent to the starting teachers’ salary on the State teacher pay scale, prorated for the minimum hours worked in the program plus other employment costs. As such, a $50,000 grant per school would serve 10% of the eligible population of students 4 days per week.
This Act does not require a local match of program funds. However, participating local school districts have the ability to utilize their existing match tax for Extra Time programs to supplement State program funds.
Inflation is assumed at 2.0% to account for growth in enrollment and personnel costs.
Mike Broaddus on Message to North Korea militar… kilroysdelaware on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Matthews on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Broaddus on Why is it necessary to publish… kilroysdelaware on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Red Clay forms committee to ad… M Ryder on Red Clay forms committee to ad… Arthur on OMG ! Rodel is trying to cover… Mike Broaddus on Weak-kneed Obama defers war wi…
- Why aren’t weather reporters in Florida not wearing hardhats or protective helmets?? @weatherchannel @cnn
- Delaware legislators refuse to fund all public schools the same! @dedeptofed @destateboarded @johncarneyde @
- Rep Kowalko on his soapbox bitch-slapping
- Message to North Korea military leaders save your families from Kim Jong-um #NORTHKOREA @DPRK_News
- China is North Korea’s puppet-master! Stop shopping at Walmart!
- University of Wisconsin–Madison deletes students’ video amid criticism from state senator: thefire.org/university-of-… https://t.co/ZwM2N4QXCw 14 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @hechingerreport @magstock @nhannahjones Here's @emmanuelfelton's story, published the same week as the other story… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Made it down this morning for #CBC17 @CBCFInc. @BishopCEBlake and @PastorSCaesar #prayerbreakfast. 2 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 3 weeks ago
- The relative silence of those Americans who ought to be a part of an anti-fascist coalition is the real challenge. snappytv.com/tc/5522434 1 month ago
- Newark- Delaware State Police have arrested two people and have charged them in connection with a pair of armed... fb.me/1hc3jege7 17 hours ago