148TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
BILL: HOUSE BILL NO. 240
SPONSOR: Representative Longhurst
DESCRIPTION: AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS.
This Act is effective upon signature of the Governor.
This Act establishes the Statewide Afterschool Learning Program whereby schools that meet the State approved indicator for low socioeconomic status are eligible to receive grants to support after-school homework and enrichment programs.
The grants support at least 3 hours of after-school programs that operate 4-5 days per week during the school year. The programs are staffed by a certified teacher at a ratio of 1 teacher for every 10 students.
The grants support students enrolled in grades Kindergarten through 10th grade.
There are a total of 147 Title I schools that may be eligible to participate in the program where the total enrollment in these schools, based on the September 30, 2015 enrollment count, is 78,950 students. Title I schools are schools that receive federal funds for supplemental educational services for students considered low-income.
It is assumed the additional compensation teachers would receive is equivalent to the starting teachers’ salary on the State teacher pay scale, prorated for the minimum hours worked in the program plus other employment costs. As such, a $50,000 grant per school would serve 10% of the eligible population of students 4 days per week.
This Act does not require a local match of program funds. However, participating local school districts have the ability to utilize their existing match tax for Extra Time programs to supplement State program funds.
Inflation is assumed at 2.0% to account for growth in enrollment and personnel costs.
delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school… Arthur on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… john kowalko on Gov Carney’s swipe at te…
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola tells CSD Board Member John Young; Kiss Gov Carney’s Ass or We’ll Remove You!
- Delaware Rep Kowalko Speaks Out Against Baumbach and Sokola Communist Legislation
- What happens to a local school board member who doesn’t play ball with Governor John Carney!
- Delaware State Rep Kowalko puts Gov Mar-Carney in the corner re: Gov’s over-reaching Christina School District Plan
- Harvard Corporation announces that original blacklist policy against members of unrecognized single gender organiza… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Sign up for @TaraGarciaM's excellent "Future of Learning" newsletter for @hechingerreport. I highly recommend it. 💯 hechingerreport.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=66… 2 days ago
- I have a sneaky suspicion that tonight’s snow has snuck up on public works. No trucks are in sight. No salt on the streets. #HEYWEATHERMAN 2 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @kylegriffin1: Trump officials are forbidding the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from using 7 words in official docs being p… 8 hours ago
- Yet prophetic fight back still looms large. #RaceMatters #newintro #25yearslater Link to purchase: amzn.to/2koqRd0 1 week ago
- Just released the 25th Anniversary edition of RACE MATTERS -- Sizzling new introduction about race matters in the 2… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Wilmington – The Delaware State Police Homicide Unit is continuing to investigate a trooper involved shooting... fb.me/3g5swpWsM 5 hours ago