148TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
BILL: HOUSE BILL NO. 240
SPONSOR: Representative Longhurst
DESCRIPTION: AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 14 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS.
This Act is effective upon signature of the Governor.
This Act establishes the Statewide Afterschool Learning Program whereby schools that meet the State approved indicator for low socioeconomic status are eligible to receive grants to support after-school homework and enrichment programs.
The grants support at least 3 hours of after-school programs that operate 4-5 days per week during the school year. The programs are staffed by a certified teacher at a ratio of 1 teacher for every 10 students.
The grants support students enrolled in grades Kindergarten through 10th grade.
There are a total of 147 Title I schools that may be eligible to participate in the program where the total enrollment in these schools, based on the September 30, 2015 enrollment count, is 78,950 students. Title I schools are schools that receive federal funds for supplemental educational services for students considered low-income.
It is assumed the additional compensation teachers would receive is equivalent to the starting teachers’ salary on the State teacher pay scale, prorated for the minimum hours worked in the program plus other employment costs. As such, a $50,000 grant per school would serve 10% of the eligible population of students 4 days per week.
This Act does not require a local match of program funds. However, participating local school districts have the ability to utilize their existing match tax for Extra Time programs to supplement State program funds.
Inflation is assumed at 2.0% to account for growth in enrollment and personnel costs.
Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Governor John Carney… kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa…
- Is the Immigrant Caravan a drug cartel created diversion ? @seanhannity
- Corey Booker releases 2020 Campaign Song @ingrahamAngle
- University of Delaware rated #1 party school. 100 students arrested this weekend for underage drinking! They should be expelled from college.
- Death’s rattle at the gates of America
- Hicks Anderson didn’t march to the white man’s drum!
- The settlement will end a policy declaring off-limits to free speech the vast majority of all nine campuses in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @RosieGray I don't see anything weird about lunch occasionally with your kid. Every day? Yes, that's weird. But loc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Setting up. Christ Baptist Church of Delaware volunteering today 12noon-5pm at the Frances E. Stafford Annual Holid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- It was an honor to introduce my dear brother @BernieSanders before his recent keynote speech at the Sanders Institu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Why is it so difficult, if not impossible, to have a candid debate about the grim Israeli-Palestinian catastrophe t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Troopers Investigating Fatal Pedestrian Crash – Claymont dsp.delaware.gov/2018/12/14/tro… Claymont – The Delaware State... dsp.delaware.gov/2018/12/14/tro… 2 hours ago