A parent’s right (News Jorunal Letters to The Editor
It is a parent’s fundamental right to direct the education and upbringing of their children. When Gov. Markell vetoed HB 50 he took a stand AGAINST parents’ rights.
HB 50 was legislation sponsored by Rep John Kowalko which provided a consistent process to allow Delaware parents to opt their child(ren) out of the Smarter Balanced Assessment without fear of punishment or reprisal from district and school administration. Reduced to the simplest form, HB 50 would secure a parent’s right to opt their child(ren) out of the assessment if they believed it to be in the best interest of their child.
Our legislators need to listen to the people – those they represent – and vote to override Gov. Markell’s veto of HB 50. They need to stand up for their constituents – the families that make up our great state – and vote to support the veto override.
They are either FOR or AGAINST parents’ rights and the way they vote will show the people of Delaware whether they truly represent our voice or are merely acting out the wishes of the Governor with little regard for the people of Delaware.
Cape Gazette ( Sussex County Delaware)
Selma Gibson 1/20/1942 – 2/18/2018 God Protect Your Soul Red Clay Title 1 TV Host
Just Facts on Tonight, CSD BOE voted to send… John Young on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Arthur on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi…
- Tonight, CSD BOE voted to send $14K to UD in a contract. Problem? Two board members work there and failed to recuse themselves. #netDE #eduDE #ConflictOfInterest
- Delaware Governor Carney Jerry-Rigging Delaware’s School Board Election
- Delaware Governor closes public school through May 15.
- Rethinking Delaware’s resistance to online K-12 charter schools or state run online K-12 options.
- Is Facebook dancing with government allowing big brother censorship of Facebook content published by Americans?
- Say "no" to subjecting student rights to a popularity contest! thefire.org/fate-of-a-case… @cwru @StudentsforLife 16 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Anyone know what the "much very good" information is that he's citing? Asking for all the helpless children who rel… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Men’s Breakfast kicking off Men’s Season 2020 this morning @christbaptistchurchde. #mensfellowship #mensbreakfast… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- RT @SeanGreeneWDEL: Funland in Rehoboth with an update on their status for the summer, amusements not included in the Phase 1 reopening pla… 2 hours ago
- @CThirtstrap @marcus4america @mondaleRobinson @drjasonjohnson 4 days ago
- This is a conversation with my dear Brother Marcus Ferrell and Mondale Robinson and Jason Johnson. WATCH:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- UPDATE:Roadway is now open. 15 hours ago