A parent’s right (News Jorunal Letters to The Editor
It is a parent’s fundamental right to direct the education and upbringing of their children. When Gov. Markell vetoed HB 50 he took a stand AGAINST parents’ rights.
HB 50 was legislation sponsored by Rep John Kowalko which provided a consistent process to allow Delaware parents to opt their child(ren) out of the Smarter Balanced Assessment without fear of punishment or reprisal from district and school administration. Reduced to the simplest form, HB 50 would secure a parent’s right to opt their child(ren) out of the assessment if they believed it to be in the best interest of their child.
Our legislators need to listen to the people – those they represent – and vote to override Gov. Markell’s veto of HB 50. They need to stand up for their constituents – the families that make up our great state – and vote to support the veto override.
They are either FOR or AGAINST parents’ rights and the way they vote will show the people of Delaware whether they truly represent our voice or are merely acting out the wishes of the Governor with little regard for the people of Delaware.
Arthur on Is Delaware’s proposed E… M Ryder on M Ryder calls-out JY and Mr… Steven Fackenthall on Here we go again on gun reform… M Ryder on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Arthur on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Alby on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… jax2816 on Teacher claims she can reduce…
- Is Delaware’s proposed Education Regulation 225 overreaching ?
- Carney and County officials don’t have the authority to cut school taxes for Amazon re: secret deal
- Will the United States Air Force face class-action lawsuit for their blunder that cost so many lives in Texas?
- Trojan Horse TFA infiltrates Delaware’s school principal training program
- Rep Melanie George Smith needs to step-down!
- Professor @sapinker joins @freespeechtalk to discuss his forthcoming book: “Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- RT @leagueofcities: “We need entrepreneurs who take control of their economic destiny.....20 years ago @BillClinton said 'It’s the economy,… 9 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- VIDEO: #FeltonDE man fires up grill for a good cause: wdel.com/news/video-fel… | #netDE https://t.co/6sQupCPxP1 1 day ago
- RT @BradMyersTNJ: Delmar goes from 13 points behind to 21 points ahead vs. No. 1 DMA #delhs delawareonline.com/story/sports/2… 23 hours ago
- We live in the unequal States of America. If you missed my interview on yesterday’s @cnni, please watch it here: snappytv.com/tc/6322942 4 days ago
- When the truth catches fire... via @cnn - Patriotism, The Players and The President app.frame.io/f/6e8SUiLq 1 month ago
- New Castle – The Delaware State Police are investigating a serious pedestrian crash that occurred on US13... fb.me/976bvzCFF 14 hours ago