A parent’s right (News Jorunal Letters to The Editor
It is a parent’s fundamental right to direct the education and upbringing of their children. When Gov. Markell vetoed HB 50 he took a stand AGAINST parents’ rights.
HB 50 was legislation sponsored by Rep John Kowalko which provided a consistent process to allow Delaware parents to opt their child(ren) out of the Smarter Balanced Assessment without fear of punishment or reprisal from district and school administration. Reduced to the simplest form, HB 50 would secure a parent’s right to opt their child(ren) out of the assessment if they believed it to be in the best interest of their child.
Our legislators need to listen to the people – those they represent – and vote to override Gov. Markell’s veto of HB 50. They need to stand up for their constituents – the families that make up our great state – and vote to support the veto override.
They are either FOR or AGAINST parents’ rights and the way they vote will show the people of Delaware whether they truly represent our voice or are merely acting out the wishes of the Governor with little regard for the people of Delaware.
Will Garfinkel on Time to restrict school board… M Ryder on Did Christina’s Superint… Dpont23 on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… kilroysdelaware on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… John Young on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint…
- Compromise on starting Delaware public school after Labor Day
- Time to restrict school board election to board member’s nominating district !
- Oops my ass ! Incompetency still runs deep at the Delaware Department of Education ! And may God be on your side Secret Squirrel :)
- Did Christina’s Superintendent Order Code Red on John Young?
- WTF ! Christina School Board President Power Grab !
- @glukianoff @ConstitutionCtr @RosenJeffrey And if you're interested in preordering Coddling of the American Mind, i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Lastly, read more about the new Facebook "political ad" database in @ProPublica. propublica.org/article/facebo… 2 hours ago
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Powers seeks to create farmland preservation program for #NCCDE: wdel.com/news/powers-se… | #netDE https://t.co/f58VXZMuDk 22 hours ago
- RT @ABC: Pres. Obama: Democracy demands getting inside "the reality of people who are different than us." "You can't do it if you insist t… 1 hour ago
- We must be morally consistent and politically honest — then and now. bit.ly/2zFU22m via @AlJazeera 22 hours ago
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of one of my early texts Race Matters throughout the weekend at Dartmouth in New H… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Follow @DEStatePolice