Bloom Energy misses salary, wages targets Jeff Mordock, The News Journal
Bloom Energy has fallen short of the hiring and wage targets it agreed to meet when it accepted $16.5 million in state funds to create jobs in Delaware.
Based on that combined salary number, it was estimated that Bloom would create 600 jobs in Delaware before October. However, the company has hired 224 workers earning a combined $27 million, according to a report Bloom filed Friday with the Delaware Economic Development Office.
Bloom’s major revenue source in its incentive deal with the state is a recurring surcharge on Delmarva Power bills. In March, the Delaware Public Service Commission increased Delmarva Power surcharges for Bloom Energy. The total payments under the state-mandated subsidy are expected to generate between $35 and $36 million for the company in 2015. Since 2012 the subsidy has generated $84 million, according to data from Delmarva Power.
The surcharge agreement paid by a typical customer was $4.34 per month based on 975 kilowatts used.
Arthur on Is Delaware’s proposed E… M Ryder on M Ryder calls-out JY and Mr… Steven Fackenthall on Here we go again on gun reform… M Ryder on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Arthur on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Alby on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… jax2816 on Teacher claims she can reduce…
- Is Delaware’s proposed Education Regulation 225 overreaching ?
- Carney and County officials don’t have the authority to cut school taxes for Amazon re: secret deal
- Will the United States Air Force face class-action lawsuit for their blunder that cost so many lives in Texas?
- Trojan Horse TFA infiltrates Delaware’s school principal training program
- Rep Melanie George Smith needs to step-down!
- Professor @sapinker joins @freespeechtalk to discuss his forthcoming book: “Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 57 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- VIDEO: #FeltonDE man fires up grill for a good cause: wdel.com/news/video-fel… | #netDE https://t.co/6sQupCPxP1 1 day ago
- RT @BradMyersTNJ: Delmar goes from 13 points behind to 21 points ahead vs. No. 1 DMA #delhs delawareonline.com/story/sports/2… 11 hours ago
- We live in the unequal States of America. If you missed my interview on yesterday’s @cnni, please watch it here: snappytv.com/tc/6322942 4 days ago
- When the truth catches fire... via @cnn - Patriotism, The Players and The President app.frame.io/f/6e8SUiLq 1 month ago
- New Castle – The Delaware State Police are investigating a serious pedestrian crash that occurred on US13... fb.me/976bvzCFF 3 hours ago