The new acting superintendent explained his efforts to meet with members of the Christina School District. He said he wants to get an idea for what the community wants to do in planning the next referendum–using “meet and greets” to do so.
“If people are going to willingly say, ‘Yes, I will raise my property taxes to support your school district,’ I think they should have a voice in what exactly what they’re willing to support,” he said.
Board President Harrie Ellen Minnehan said she’s been optimistic for the district under the leadership of Andrzejewski, so far.
“He experienced, he’s faced the problems we have, and he’s been successful dealing with them,” she said.
Andrzejewski served 12 years as the Superintendent of the Red Clay Consolidated School District. He said it’s important to get the community involved in education.
“I saw an opportunity tonight to start to establish a very positive reference point for this community,” he explained.
Will Garfinkel on Time to restrict school board… M Ryder on Did Christina’s Superint… Dpont23 on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… kilroysdelaware on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… John Young on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint…
- Compromise on starting Delaware public school after Labor Day
- Time to restrict school board election to board member’s nominating district !
- Oops my ass ! Incompetency still runs deep at the Delaware Department of Education ! And may God be on your side Secret Squirrel :)
- Did Christina’s Superintendent Order Code Red on John Young?
- WTF ! Christina School Board President Power Grab !
- @glukianoff @ConstitutionCtr @RosenJeffrey And if you're interested in preordering Coddling of the American Mind, i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Lastly, read more about the new Facebook "political ad" database in @ProPublica. propublica.org/article/facebo… 2 hours ago
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Powers seeks to create farmland preservation program for #NCCDE: wdel.com/news/powers-se… | #netDE https://t.co/f58VXZMuDk 23 hours ago
- RT @ABC: Pres. Obama: Democracy demands getting inside "the reality of people who are different than us." "You can't do it if you insist t… 2 hours ago
- We must be morally consistent and politically honest — then and now. bit.ly/2zFU22m via @AlJazeera 23 hours ago
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of one of my early texts Race Matters throughout the weekend at Dartmouth in New H… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Follow @DEStatePolice