The new acting superintendent explained his efforts to meet with members of the Christina School District. He said he wants to get an idea for what the community wants to do in planning the next referendum–using “meet and greets” to do so.
“If people are going to willingly say, ‘Yes, I will raise my property taxes to support your school district,’ I think they should have a voice in what exactly what they’re willing to support,” he said.
Board President Harrie Ellen Minnehan said she’s been optimistic for the district under the leadership of Andrzejewski, so far.
“He experienced, he’s faced the problems we have, and he’s been successful dealing with them,” she said.
Andrzejewski served 12 years as the Superintendent of the Red Clay Consolidated School District. He said it’s important to get the community involved in education.
“I saw an opportunity tonight to start to establish a very positive reference point for this community,” he explained.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
- News Journal’s Jimmy Olsen aka Matthew Albright has amazing brain-fart on local politics
- Colonial local taxpayers did not vote on using referendum monies to bailout DAPSS.
- Here is what Delaware Governor John Carney can do to better protect students and staff from gun violence and more
- Colonial School District on dangerous path re: take-over of DAPSS
- He’s back !! Mike Matthews blogging again !
- RT @JD_Tuccille: "This is not the first time speech has been mischaracterized as violence, and it will certainly not be the last." https://… 7 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- These darn 🦅 fans are cheering and chanting as we board the plane. This is going to be a long two hours. 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @SeePuertoRico: Look at Flamenco Beach right now. Pure Puerto Rican paradise. RT if this is where you want to be. https://t.co/1I88GY301b 3 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 2 weeks ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 month ago
- I 95 NB REOPENED 7 hours ago