David A. Jones, age 55, of Bear, DE, passed away on Thursday, October 22, 2015, at Heartland Hospice House in Wilmington, DE. He was born on May 24, 1960, in Wilmington, DE to the late Raymond E. Jones and Judy Horseman Pacheco.
David graduated from Christiana H.S. and earned his Bachelor Degree in History from the University of Delaware. Affable and energetic, he first started an advertising and marketing business, working with local businesses. His love was for history and civic duty, so he turned to teaching. He taught history at A.I. DuPont, William Penn and Glasgow High Schools. He also led his students by example, and was very involved in the political and democratic processes about which he taught. He was very active in the Delaware Republican Party and assisted many candidates in their campaigns in the state. Dave later went on to be a founding member and the first Principal of the Pencader Charter School.
He is survived by his brothers, Andrew D. Jones and his wife, Lori, of Bear, DE, and James T. Jones, and his wife, Charlotte, of Bear, DE; two step sisters, Marie Pacheco, and Teresa Gibson-Chance, both of Newark, DE; two step brothers, Joseph Pacheco, of Newark, DE and Richard Pacheco of Elkton, MD; step father, Manuel R. Pacheco, of Newark, DE; and many nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents he is predeceased by his step mother, Helenruth Jones.
Services will be held 12 PM on Monday, October 26, 2015 at R. T. Foard & Jones Funeral Home, Inc., 122 West Main Street, Newark, DE 19711. Friends and family may visit two hours prior beginning at 10 AM. Burial will follow at St. George’s Cemetery, in St. George’s, DE. To send online condolences visitwww.rtfoard.com
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid…
- HB#2343: Terrorist can live in Delaware but can’t purchase or own firearms ? Walk the talk Debbie !
- More Red Clay deception over Conrad Schools of Science! Lawsuit brewing!
- Does the First Amendment only apply for student walkouts if the issue is gun control ?
- Delaware legislators wants schools to complete for safety and security funding !
- Delaware Legislators to make air-soft guns illegal for those under the age of 16 and OMG legislation with more holes than a piece of Swiss Cheese
- Congratulations to @CMCnews on becoming the first college in California to earn FIRE’s highest rating for free spee… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- “We believe in the idea of trying on different identities: ‘I’m going to be a photographer, robotics engineer, or a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 minutes ago
- REGISTER individually or a team for the Route 9 5K Run/Walk at Races2Run.com https://t.co/r8jwKhZLfB 1 day ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- IMPORTANT: The Pastor's Response document provided in this @WDEL story has higher Stewardship Assessment fees than… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 minutes ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- Despite the abolition of Roma and African American slavery, criminalization and demonization continues. bit.ly/2ouj4ZI @guardian 3 weeks ago
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 1 month ago
- Sussex County- The Delaware State Police has partnered with the Delaware Department of Education in hosting Violent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 33 minutes ago