Delaware Attorney General Matt Denn calls for sentencing reforms By Tom Lehman / WDEL
Additionally, Denn said he wants lawmakers to pass legislation lifting a mandate that schools report all misdemeanor assault incidents, like fights, involving students who are at least 12 years old.
He said the change could help more young people avoid entering the criminal justice system. His proposal also calls for expanding the types and number of crimes that juveniles can seek expunged from their record and reducing the cost for them to use that process.
“If the parent of a student who is a victim wants to call the police then they should,” he said. “If a principal feels it’s important to call the police they should, but we don’t think it should be done on autopilot and that every single fight among kids 12-and-older, that results in a cut or a bruise, should be a criminal matter.”
Will Garfinkel on Time to restrict school board… M Ryder on Did Christina’s Superint… Dpont23 on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… kilroysdelaware on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… John Young on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint…
- Compromise on starting Delaware public school after Labor Day
- Time to restrict school board election to board member’s nominating district !
- Oops my ass ! Incompetency still runs deep at the Delaware Department of Education ! And may God be on your side Secret Squirrel :)
- Did Christina’s Superintendent Order Code Red on John Young?
- WTF ! Christina School Board President Power Grab !
- @glukianoff @ConstitutionCtr @RosenJeffrey And if you're interested in preordering Coddling of the American Mind, i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Lastly, read more about the new Facebook "political ad" database in @ProPublica. propublica.org/article/facebo… 2 hours ago
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Powers seeks to create farmland preservation program for #NCCDE: wdel.com/news/powers-se… | #netDE https://t.co/f58VXZMuDk 22 hours ago
- RT @ABC: Pres. Obama: Democracy demands getting inside "the reality of people who are different than us." "You can't do it if you insist t… 1 hour ago
- We must be morally consistent and politically honest — then and now. bit.ly/2zFU22m via @AlJazeera 22 hours ago
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of one of my early texts Race Matters throughout the weekend at Dartmouth in New H… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Follow @DEStatePolice