Delaware Attorney General Matt Denn calls for sentencing reforms By Tom Lehman / WDEL
Additionally, Denn said he wants lawmakers to pass legislation lifting a mandate that schools report all misdemeanor assault incidents, like fights, involving students who are at least 12 years old.
He said the change could help more young people avoid entering the criminal justice system. His proposal also calls for expanding the types and number of crimes that juveniles can seek expunged from their record and reducing the cost for them to use that process.
“If the parent of a student who is a victim wants to call the police then they should,” he said. “If a principal feels it’s important to call the police they should, but we don’t think it should be done on autopilot and that every single fight among kids 12-and-older, that results in a cut or a bruise, should be a criminal matter.”
kilroysdelaware on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Red Clay forms committee to ad… M Ryder on Red Clay forms committee to ad… Arthur on OMG ! Rodel is trying to cover… Mike Broaddus on Weak-kneed Obama defers war wi… M Ryder on Delaware ESSA plan is nothing… kilroysdelaware on Delaware ESSA plan is nothing… Arthur on Delaware ESSA plan is nothing… M Ryder on Delaware ESSA plan is nothing…
- Red Clay School Board has some soul searching to do! I hope the new committee will have a real voice !
- I’ve often wondered! What if Bobby Kennedy wasn’t assassinated!
- Riddle me this Delaware professional educators
- Red Clay board member nails it “white privileged”
- Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.27 ! Will buyer Harvey Hanna be required to pay or is there a backroom deal ? What does Red Clay know ?
- There's never been a better time to learn about your First Amendment rights. FIRE's #1A Library is here to help. thefire.org/first-amendmen… 15 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- 95NB accident blocking right lane before 95/295 split making usual Sunday traffic worse. #netFE @dbctfx 20 hours ago
- "We're going to have to put out a Braille edition tomorrow." -@duvINdelaware, about people looking at the sun. 55 minutes ago
- The relative silence of those Americans who ought to be a part of an anti-fascist coalition is the real challenge. snappytv.com/tc/5522434 3 days ago
- RT @AC360: "This is life and death man, this ain't no game" @cornelwest debates @parisdennard on Trump's re: to Charlottesville https://t.c… 4 days ago
- Presented by the Director of Public Information Sergeant Richard D. Bratz Milford- The Delaware State Police are... fb.me/2freH0cat 16 hours ago