Delaware Attorney General Matt Denn calls for sentencing reforms By Tom Lehman / WDEL
Additionally, Denn said he wants lawmakers to pass legislation lifting a mandate that schools report all misdemeanor assault incidents, like fights, involving students who are at least 12 years old.
He said the change could help more young people avoid entering the criminal justice system. His proposal also calls for expanding the types and number of crimes that juveniles can seek expunged from their record and reducing the cost for them to use that process.
“If the parent of a student who is a victim wants to call the police then they should,” he said. “If a principal feels it’s important to call the police they should, but we don’t think it should be done on autopilot and that every single fight among kids 12-and-older, that results in a cut or a bruise, should be a criminal matter.”
delawareway on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… M Ryder on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kevin Ohlandt on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Elizabeth on Last one out of Kilroy’s… M Ryder on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kilroy Was Here, And… on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kevin Ohlandt on Last one out of Kilroy’s…
- Last one out of Kilroy’s please turn off the light!
- Not for war! But it’s time spank Kim Jong-un
- OMG! Wilmington’s new super cop has data in his gun not bullets!
- DE PTA and DSEA bitch-slaps former DE Sec of Ed
- Public castration for the sick bastard in New Castle County Delaware! Re: kidnap and rape of a 4 year-old
- The First Amendment Library offers tools to help you understand #1A: Glossary: thefire.org/first-amendmen… Timelines: thefire.org/first-amendmen… 10 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- @GabbyCWilkes "People wait all week for Friday, all year for summer and a lifetime looking for happiness." @allencathedral 18 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 10 months ago
- RT @SeanGreeneWDEL: The tributes continue to pour in for Cpl. Stephen Ballard. #NetDE https://t.co/QSG8SsgZOE 7 hours ago
- Yo, hold up: @SenatorCarper "led the group in the Sting song “Every Breath You Take" delawareonline.com/story/news/loc… #netDE 4 hours ago
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Prof. @CornelWest and HDS alum @McCormickProf on free speech in higher ed. twitter.com/FoxNews/status… 3 days ago
- It's time to break the American duopoly and to allow poor and working people’s voices to be heard. bit.ly/2oyCcsc @democracynow 3 days ago
- Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Gary Fournier Felton – Troopers are investigating a... fb.me/Ir2YVmhR 6 hours ago