Delaware Attorney General Matt Denn calls for sentencing reforms By Tom Lehman / WDEL
Additionally, Denn said he wants lawmakers to pass legislation lifting a mandate that schools report all misdemeanor assault incidents, like fights, involving students who are at least 12 years old.
He said the change could help more young people avoid entering the criminal justice system. His proposal also calls for expanding the types and number of crimes that juveniles can seek expunged from their record and reducing the cost for them to use that process.
“If the parent of a student who is a victim wants to call the police then they should,” he said. “If a principal feels it’s important to call the police they should, but we don’t think it should be done on autopilot and that every single fight among kids 12-and-older, that results in a cut or a bruise, should be a criminal matter.”
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
- News Journal’s Jimmy Olsen aka Matthew Albright has amazing brain-fart on local politics
- Colonial local taxpayers did not vote on using referendum monies to bailout DAPSS.
- Here is what Delaware Governor John Carney can do to better protect students and staff from gun violence and more
- Colonial School District on dangerous path re: take-over of DAPSS
- He’s back !! Mike Matthews blogging again !
- RT @JD_Tuccille: "This is not the first time speech has been mischaracterized as violence, and it will certainly not be the last." https://… 7 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- These darn 🦅 fans are cheering and chanting as we board the plane. This is going to be a long two hours. 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @SeePuertoRico: Look at Flamenco Beach right now. Pure Puerto Rican paradise. RT if this is where you want to be. https://t.co/1I88GY301b 3 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 2 weeks ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 month ago
- I 95 NB REOPENED 7 hours ago