Delaware’s acting education secretary says no harsh sanctions for opting out by Amy Cherry / WDEL
No hard-hitting policy was expected in Dr. Steve Godowsky’s remarks since he’s not officially education secretary yet. But the former New Castle Vo-Tech superintendent did mention the opt-out movement, saying important recommendations on participation rates are due next month to the U.S. Department of Education and the state Board of Education.
“It’s not a final decision, but it looks like from all levels of the department…that harsh sanctions will not carry the day,” he said. “There will be minimum sanctions that are required.”
Godowsky said that the 12 schools within three districts that didn’t meet the required 95 percent participation rate in the state’s new Smarter Balanced assessment would not suffer.
“We’ll all be satisfied that that’s not going to be a stumbling block with harsh sanctions or consequences for those schools,” said Godowsky.
kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… Dpont23 on Senator Carper stricken with… Kevin Ohlandt on When was the last time you vot… Will Garfinkel on When was the last time you vot… Dpont23 on Delaware’s candidate for… john kowalko on Is Delaware Secretary of Educa… Kevin Ohlandt on Caesar Rodney Institute Spanks… Dpont23 on Joe Biden under doctor’s… M Ryder on Delaware Dems busting on Trump…
- Love hate relation with Joe Biden (insight on Military Draft and If he does 2020)
- Kathy Jennings will win Delaware AG Race but loss my vote! Here’s why!
- Senator Carper admits Obamacare is flawed but has no plan to fix it
- Senator Carper stricken with brain-fart
- Megan McCain to run for father’s senate seat! Campaigning over dad’s coffin
- RT @glukianoff: 'Speech Code Hokey Pokey: How Campus Speech Codes Could Rebound' Post #3 @VolokhC (our best title of the week. Thanks @AdGo… 51 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @esanzi @laurenonthehill She did well with Nemo. We watched it at the Childrens ER one long night. (Split lip) 26 minutes ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- RT @JoeIrizarry: County Councilman George Smiley cleared of harassment complaint brought forward by Council President Karen Hartley-Nagle.… 15 minutes ago
- Polling mecca @FiveThirtyEight gives Sen. Tom Carper and Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester a 99 percent chance of re-electi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- You can't take Trump seriously. He is a gangster that is beginning to shake in his boots -- let's keep track of his… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @thinkincAU: WHAT A BLAST! Last week we toured Australia & New Zealand with Dr @CornelWest & @DouglasKMurray for #Polarised and some of… 1 month ago
- Public’s Assistance Sought in Identifying Robbery Suspects dsp.delaware.gov/2018/09/25/pub… Wilmington - The Delaware Stat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago