Delaware’s acting education secretary says no harsh sanctions for opting out by Amy Cherry / WDEL
No hard-hitting policy was expected in Dr. Steve Godowsky’s remarks since he’s not officially education secretary yet. But the former New Castle Vo-Tech superintendent did mention the opt-out movement, saying important recommendations on participation rates are due next month to the U.S. Department of Education and the state Board of Education.
“It’s not a final decision, but it looks like from all levels of the department…that harsh sanctions will not carry the day,” he said. “There will be minimum sanctions that are required.”
Godowsky said that the 12 schools within three districts that didn’t meet the required 95 percent participation rate in the state’s new Smarter Balanced assessment would not suffer.
“We’ll all be satisfied that that’s not going to be a stumbling block with harsh sanctions or consequences for those schools,” said Godowsky.
kilroysdelaware on Open Mic for Charter School of… kilroysdelaware on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Mike Broaddus on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Arthur on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… melissa on Forget about doing the right t… Will Garfinkel on Forget about doing the right t… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… Arthur on Forget about doing the right t… Dpont23 on The implosion of the former G.…
- Bad Ass 2016 Shelby GT350 at Boulevard Ford Lewes Delaware. Ask for AJ
- Charter School of Wilmington needs radical leadership change ASAP or kneel before DSEA! @project_veritas
- Open Mic for Charter School of Wilmington Teachers
- O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes yes to become unionized !
- Kevin pulls Mike M’s pants down
- New episode of FIREside Chats! FIRE staffers discuss our recent due process survey, and how schools don't measure u… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Ex - #SmyrnaDE teacher, coach sentenced for trying to have sex w/ teen: wdel.com/news/ex-smyrna… | #netDE #delhs… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- On July 14 and 15, I’ll be @Dartmouth to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Race Matters" with lectures, presentati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- For Corporate America, there will always be an ambiguity between doing well and doing good. @AC360 #cnn #ABC… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Newark – The Delaware State Police have formally charged Marcus S. Heath, 26, of Jacksonville, Florida, as an out o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago