Delaware’s acting education secretary says no harsh sanctions for opting out by Amy Cherry / WDEL
No hard-hitting policy was expected in Dr. Steve Godowsky’s remarks since he’s not officially education secretary yet. But the former New Castle Vo-Tech superintendent did mention the opt-out movement, saying important recommendations on participation rates are due next month to the U.S. Department of Education and the state Board of Education.
“It’s not a final decision, but it looks like from all levels of the department…that harsh sanctions will not carry the day,” he said. “There will be minimum sanctions that are required.”
Godowsky said that the 12 schools within three districts that didn’t meet the required 95 percent participation rate in the state’s new Smarter Balanced assessment would not suffer.
“We’ll all be satisfied that that’s not going to be a stumbling block with harsh sanctions or consequences for those schools,” said Godowsky.
Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Governor John Carney… kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa…
- Is the Immigrant Caravan a drug cartel created diversion ? @seanhannity
- Corey Booker releases 2020 Campaign Song @ingrahamAngle
- University of Delaware rated #1 party school. 100 students arrested this weekend for underage drinking! They should be expelled from college.
- Death’s rattle at the gates of America
- Hicks Anderson didn’t march to the white man’s drum!
- The settlement will end a policy declaring off-limits to free speech the vast majority of all nine campuses in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @RosieGray I don't see anything weird about lunch occasionally with your kid. Every day? Yes, that's weird. But loc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Setting up. Christ Baptist Church of Delaware volunteering today 12noon-5pm at the Frances E. Stafford Annual Holid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- It was an honor to introduce my dear brother @BernieSanders before his recent keynote speech at the Sanders Institu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Why is it so difficult, if not impossible, to have a candid debate about the grim Israeli-Palestinian catastrophe t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Troopers Investigating Fatal Pedestrian Crash – Claymont dsp.delaware.gov/2018/12/14/tro… Claymont – The Delaware State... dsp.delaware.gov/2018/12/14/tro… 2 hours ago