Delaware’s acting education secretary says no harsh sanctions for opting out by Amy Cherry / WDEL
No hard-hitting policy was expected in Dr. Steve Godowsky’s remarks since he’s not officially education secretary yet. But the former New Castle Vo-Tech superintendent did mention the opt-out movement, saying important recommendations on participation rates are due next month to the U.S. Department of Education and the state Board of Education.
“It’s not a final decision, but it looks like from all levels of the department…that harsh sanctions will not carry the day,” he said. “There will be minimum sanctions that are required.”
Godowsky said that the 12 schools within three districts that didn’t meet the required 95 percent participation rate in the state’s new Smarter Balanced assessment would not suffer.
“We’ll all be satisfied that that’s not going to be a stumbling block with harsh sanctions or consequences for those schools,” said Godowsky.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid…
- More Red Clay deception over Conrad Schools of Science! Lawsuit brewing!
- Does the First Amendment only apply for student walkouts if the issue is gun control ?
- Delaware legislators wants schools to complete for safety and security funding !
- Delaware Legislators to make air-soft guns illegal for those under the age of 16 and OMG legislation with more holes than a piece of Swiss Cheese
- Ron Russo’s education reform brain fart
- ICYMI: A new law prohibits Florida's public colleges and universities from quarantining student speech into small,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @BenjaminBHerold: 1/ Starting to see some of edu-Twitter wondering about the implications of this huge Facebook/Cambridge Analytica stor… 2 days ago
- The Saints are gathering this Sunday for a great meeting of the Lord’s Church. Installation Service Sunday... fb.me/1CxrcHw6M 3 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- @DelawareGoodGuy CDOW has a right to respond when accusations are lodged against the organization as a whole. I t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 25 minutes ago
- RT @DaveBentz: I'll be hosting a Facebook Town Hall with Rep. @PaulBaumbach this Wednesday, March 21st at 7:00. Feel free to submit questio… 2 hours ago
- Despite the abolition of Roma and African American slavery, criminalization and demonization continues. bit.ly/2ouj4ZI @guardian 3 weeks ago
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 1 month ago
- *Update* Camp arrowhead road is back open. 1 hour ago