One way to fix that, Rich suggested:
“There hasn’t been property reassessment in New Castle County since 1983; there hasn’t been property reassessment in Kent County since 1986; and there hasn’t been property reassessment since 1974,” he said. “And anyone who believes that the value of property along the coast and Sussex County hasn’t changed since 1974, is not paying very much attention to what’s going on.”
Property reassessment would be political suicide in a presidential election year. And it won’t be a magic wand either.
“I don’t know what level of energy there’s going to be to take on tough political battles in 2016, but I’m not sure there’s going to be a way to not wrestle with it in some significant way,” said Herdman.
“I think things like this can be accomplished, but they require leadership, and they require somebody who’s willing to take the hit–because there will be a hit,” GOP Chairman Charlie Copeland said.
He’s proposing a fix that was not included in the Student Success 2025 plan that he said would help fix what he called a “total failure.”
“I bet if a bunch of our students had $15,000 vouchers to go get their education anywhere, there’d be a lot of options, and a lot of schools some of which were internationally competitive that would open up for a lot of those kids that they’re locked out of,” said Copeland.
lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Pencadermom on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Pencadermom on Last one out of Kilroy’s… delawareway on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… M Ryder on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kevin Ohlandt on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Elizabeth on Last one out of Kilroy’s…
- Last one out of Kilroy’s please turn off the light!
- Not for war! But it’s time spank Kim Jong-un
- OMG! Wilmington’s new super cop has data in his gun not bullets!
- DE PTA and DSEA bitch-slaps former DE Sec of Ed
- Public castration for the sick bastard in New Castle County Delaware! Re: kidnap and rape of a 4 year-old
- If you've ever asked "where's FIRE?!" on breaking free speech news, the answer is—as always—that we're on the case: thefire.org/wheres-fire-on… 3 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @hechingerreport: Our staff writer @emmanuelfelton is a 2017 winner of the Ida B. Wells Fellowship! theinvestigativefund.org/blog/2348/anno… @IBWellsSoc… 1 hour ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @maggieNYT: AMERICA FIRST POLICIES, the pro-Trump/Pence outside group that Pence has been raising for, is preparing a seven-figure ad bu… 2 hours ago
- Here is my latest piece with @surajyengde via @TheRoot -- bit.ly/2roUA8p 1 week ago
- On this day, in 1958, a genius was born. He colored the world with passion and calm. He is the… instagram.com/p/BVECUG_j_YA/ 2 weeks ago
- Troopers Seek Public’s Assistance in Locating Wanted Subject State Police are requesting assistance in locating... fb.me/15wWdbA8n 23 hours ago