One way to fix that, Rich suggested:
“There hasn’t been property reassessment in New Castle County since 1983; there hasn’t been property reassessment in Kent County since 1986; and there hasn’t been property reassessment since 1974,” he said. “And anyone who believes that the value of property along the coast and Sussex County hasn’t changed since 1974, is not paying very much attention to what’s going on.”
Property reassessment would be political suicide in a presidential election year. And it won’t be a magic wand either.
“I don’t know what level of energy there’s going to be to take on tough political battles in 2016, but I’m not sure there’s going to be a way to not wrestle with it in some significant way,” said Herdman.
“I think things like this can be accomplished, but they require leadership, and they require somebody who’s willing to take the hit–because there will be a hit,” GOP Chairman Charlie Copeland said.
He’s proposing a fix that was not included in the Student Success 2025 plan that he said would help fix what he called a “total failure.”
“I bet if a bunch of our students had $15,000 vouchers to go get their education anywhere, there’d be a lot of options, and a lot of schools some of which were internationally competitive that would open up for a lot of those kids that they’re locked out of,” said Copeland.
Arthur on Is Delaware’s proposed E… M Ryder on M Ryder calls-out JY and Mr… Steven Fackenthall on Here we go again on gun reform… M Ryder on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Arthur on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Alby on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… jax2816 on Teacher claims she can reduce…
- Is Delaware’s proposed Education Regulation 225 overreaching ?
- Carney and County officials don’t have the authority to cut school taxes for Amazon re: secret deal
- Will the United States Air Force face class-action lawsuit for their blunder that cost so many lives in Texas?
- Trojan Horse TFA infiltrates Delaware’s school principal training program
- Rep Melanie George Smith needs to step-down!
- Five years ago in 'Unlearning Liberty,' @glukianoff warned that censorship was increasing polarization and leading… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 25 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- VIDEO: #FeltonDE man fires up grill for a good cause: wdel.com/news/video-fel… | #netDE https://t.co/6sQupCPxP1 19 hours ago
- RT @BradMyersTNJ: Delmar goes from 13 points behind to 21 points ahead vs. No. 1 DMA #delhs delawareonline.com/story/sports/2… 4 hours ago
- We live in the unequal States of America. If you missed my interview on yesterday’s @cnni, please watch it here: snappytv.com/tc/6322942 3 days ago
- When the truth catches fire... via @cnn - Patriotism, The Players and The President app.frame.io/f/6e8SUiLq 1 month ago
- Laurel – The Delaware State Police are releasing the name of the 37-year-old man that was killed in Thursday... fb.me/1EyqonYdr 4 hours ago