One way to fix that, Rich suggested:
“There hasn’t been property reassessment in New Castle County since 1983; there hasn’t been property reassessment in Kent County since 1986; and there hasn’t been property reassessment since 1974,” he said. “And anyone who believes that the value of property along the coast and Sussex County hasn’t changed since 1974, is not paying very much attention to what’s going on.”
Property reassessment would be political suicide in a presidential election year. And it won’t be a magic wand either.
“I don’t know what level of energy there’s going to be to take on tough political battles in 2016, but I’m not sure there’s going to be a way to not wrestle with it in some significant way,” said Herdman.
“I think things like this can be accomplished, but they require leadership, and they require somebody who’s willing to take the hit–because there will be a hit,” GOP Chairman Charlie Copeland said.
He’s proposing a fix that was not included in the Student Success 2025 plan that he said would help fix what he called a “total failure.”
“I bet if a bunch of our students had $15,000 vouchers to go get their education anywhere, there’d be a lot of options, and a lot of schools some of which were internationally competitive that would open up for a lot of those kids that they’re locked out of,” said Copeland.
Will Garfinkel on Time to restrict school board… M Ryder on Did Christina’s Superint… Dpont23 on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… kilroysdelaware on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… John Young on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint…
- Compromise on starting Delaware public school after Labor Day
- Time to restrict school board election to board member’s nominating district !
- Oops my ass ! Incompetency still runs deep at the Delaware Department of Education ! And may God be on your side Secret Squirrel :)
- Did Christina’s Superintendent Order Code Red on John Young?
- WTF ! Christina School Board President Power Grab !
- It's been 8 days since KU caved to political pressure and engaged in art censorship. The exhibit's empty flag pol… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- #BREAKING: Man arrested by #NCCDE Police in #WilmDE after SWAT team swarms residence: wdel.com/news/man-arres… | v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @brittanyhorn: Remember that spike in overdoses that we told you about in Sussex County? Turns out it's worse than we thought. More tha… 1 day ago
- We must be morally consistent and politically honest — then and now. bit.ly/2zFU22m via @AlJazeera 3 days ago
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of one of my early texts Race Matters throughout the weekend at Dartmouth in New H… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Magnolia-Troopers seek the public’s assistance in attempting to identify the suspects who are connected to a recent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago