One way to fix that, Rich suggested:
“There hasn’t been property reassessment in New Castle County since 1983; there hasn’t been property reassessment in Kent County since 1986; and there hasn’t been property reassessment since 1974,” he said. “And anyone who believes that the value of property along the coast and Sussex County hasn’t changed since 1974, is not paying very much attention to what’s going on.”
Property reassessment would be political suicide in a presidential election year. And it won’t be a magic wand either.
“I don’t know what level of energy there’s going to be to take on tough political battles in 2016, but I’m not sure there’s going to be a way to not wrestle with it in some significant way,” said Herdman.
“I think things like this can be accomplished, but they require leadership, and they require somebody who’s willing to take the hit–because there will be a hit,” GOP Chairman Charlie Copeland said.
He’s proposing a fix that was not included in the Student Success 2025 plan that he said would help fix what he called a “total failure.”
“I bet if a bunch of our students had $15,000 vouchers to go get their education anywhere, there’d be a lot of options, and a lot of schools some of which were internationally competitive that would open up for a lot of those kids that they’re locked out of,” said Copeland.
lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… M Ryder on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kevin Ohlandt on Last one out of Kilroy’s… lastDEconservative on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Elizabeth on Last one out of Kilroy’s… M Ryder on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kilroy Was Here, And… on Last one out of Kilroy’s… Kevin Ohlandt on Last one out of Kilroy’s… chet elder on Last one out of Kilroy’s…
- Last one out of Kilroy’s please turn off the light!
- Not for war! But it’s time spank Kim Jong-un
- OMG! Wilmington’s new super cop has data in his gun not bullets!
- DE PTA and DSEA bitch-slaps former DE Sec of Ed
- Public castration for the sick bastard in New Castle County Delaware! Re: kidnap and rape of a 4 year-old
- RT @ncacensorship: .@FordhamSJP In January NCAC joined @TheFIREorg to demand @FordhamNYC uphold its commitment to student free speech: http… 4 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- When career and technical education isn't the easy way out. hechingerreport.org/one-possible-s… 2 hours ago
- Saddened by the text I received earlier today. Our fellow #dsuhornet. twitter.com/radiodawson/st… 1 day ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 10 months ago
- Can you help me & the Baby BowlDogs raise some serious $$ for @BBBSDELAWARE? C'mon look at the face:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- RT @RossDellenger: Tre White didn't sleep on a bed in high school. He shared a mattress with his brother. His signing bonus: $5,509,279.… 4 hours ago
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Prof. @CornelWest and HDS alum @McCormickProf on free speech in higher ed. twitter.com/FoxNews/status… 1 day ago
- It's time to break the American duopoly and to allow poor and working people’s voices to be heard. bit.ly/2oyCcsc @democracynow 1 day ago
- Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Gary Fournier Delmar – The Delaware State Police... fb.me/7TiTM5Tlx 2 hours ago