M Ryder on Delaware HB 287 calls for equa… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school…
- OMG! Rep Ramone! Check the chlorine level in your pool! HB 236
- HB 278 reducing school board terms from 5 years to 4 is a roll of the dice
- Delaware HB 287 calls for equal diplomas for Special Education and Regular Education
- President Trumps economic success a windfall for Delaware state budget
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- @Popehat FIRE’s West Coast Regional Conference is free to attend, open to current students at U.S. colleges, and wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Loving this 🔥🔥🔥 essay from @sarika008 of @brightthemag brightthemag.com/facebook-youre… 15 hours ago
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: In 2018, these are our priorities. I’m here today asking you to join me in making these goals a reality. #DESOTS https://… 1 day ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Humbling experience to cook dinner for kids and their families at the #WilmDE @RMHDelaware w/ @WDEL @937WSTW!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 day ago
- The undeniable collapse of integrity, honesty and decency in our public and private life has fueled racial hatred a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Smyrna- The Delaware State Police are currently conducting a death investigation after human skeletal remains... fb.me/LF8u8n6e 5 hours ago
Daily Archives: August 14, 2015
Delaware Secretary of Education Mark Murphy is stepping down and will be replaced by Steve Godowsky, the former superintendent of the New Castle County Vo-Tech system, Gov. Jack Markell confirmed Friday after being questioned by The News Journal.
Sources told the paper that Murphy’s exit was impending.
Bullshit !!!!! NJ’s Jimmy Olsen read John Young’s blog! As far as Markell’s new puppet pick! Some nerve Markell has pushing school districts to do more extensive searches for school leaders. Practice what you preach Jack! And no doubt the state legislators will buy Markell’s pick at face value aka Markell’s stamp of approval! Godowsky might be the right person. However, I am convinced the Delaware Secretary of Education as well as state board of education members positions should be elected positions. Or at least the state board members to create a political firewall between the governor his free run of Delaware’s public education.
“We have been in a time of incredible improvement and significant change both around the country and in Delaware,” Murphy said. “We are going to see people who are going to struggle with those efforts. What I would ask of those who have been critical is to keep the focus on our children and what is best for them.”
Bullshit ! Politics and Wall Street first and then the kids! The only significant change I see is your ass is GONE!
Murphy’s tenure has seen a flood of school reforms, many of them tied to the federal Race to the Top grant Delaware won before he took office in 2012. He has faced growing criticism from teachers unions, lawmakers and other groups who say his Department of Education is out of touch with everyday teachers and has used test scores to unfairly label and punish schools.
Murphy’s tenure was nothing more than being a pool-boy for Jack Markell whose education plan was stuffed in his pocket by Rodel!
“I think that has been the biggest criticism with our current leadership,” said Teri Hodges, president of the Delaware Parent Teacher Association. “The department became known for putting together initiatives and programs and then asking for feedback after it’s already been implemented. The new leadership will definitely have to spend more time engaging the community and be 100 percent transparent.”
Exactly Teri and Markell’s secret meeting picking Murphy successor is classic example. If one were to study Title 1 Section 1118 they would see how Markell infringed on the unique power Title 1 parents now wasted away via NCLB waviers. And that power was a result of the hard work of William Hicks Anderson. Markell buys a program and then tries to indoctrinate parents as many district leaders help pour the kool-aid.
Many district officials and lawmakers also blasted the way the Department handled the rollout of the plan, saying it held a press conference before handing out detailed plans and developed rules without enough input from on-the-ground educators.
Murphy had critics before announcing that plan, but the months-long fight over the schools turned him into a lightning rod.
Mark Holodick, superintendent of the Brandywine School District, said Godowsky is a good choice to build bridges.
“He prefers face to face meetings and prides himself on relationship building,” Holodick said. “Those characteristics as a leader will help build trust in the system and across the state between school boards, superintendents, and the department.”