M Ryder on M Ryder calls-out JY and Mr… Steven Fackenthall on Here we go again on gun reform… M Ryder on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Arthur on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Alby on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Liberal spanks Brian… jax2816 on Teacher claims she can reduce… Arthur on Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former…
- Princeton grad apparently can’t do basic research on unions and their roles
- Senator John McCain drops to knees for Joe Biden! Not a hero in my book!
- Wake up Delaware Governor John Carney!
- Trump wants to end welfare subsides for insurance companies ! GOOD FOR HIM
- Rep Kowalko taking on DPL rate increase request! Join him !
- The first step to ensuring rights are protected on campus is to find out if your school's policies restrict speech. d28htnjz2elwuj.cloudfront.net/wp-content/upl… 4 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- #Congrats to @DelStateUniv President Dr. Harry Williams incoming President/CEO @tmcf_hbcu delawareonline.com/story/news/edu… https://t.co/vAGwalgGZg 4 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- WWII serviceman's sacrifice honored in #WilmDE: wdel.com/news/facebook/… | #netDE via @markfowser @SenatorCarper https://t.co/0vSntaNetg 3 hours ago
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: Looking for a win this Monday night! #FlyEaglesFly https://t.co/StZTvOVaIz 1 hour ago
- When the truth catches fire... via @cnn - Patriotism, The Players and The President app.frame.io/f/6e8SUiLq 3 weeks ago
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- West Rehoboth - The Delaware State Police are currently on the scene of a shooting that occurred earlier this... fb.me/1kzaLcvfz 2 hours ago
Daily Archives: August 14, 2015
Delaware Secretary of Education Mark Murphy is stepping down and will be replaced by Steve Godowsky, the former superintendent of the New Castle County Vo-Tech system, Gov. Jack Markell confirmed Friday after being questioned by The News Journal.
Sources told the paper that Murphy’s exit was impending.
Bullshit !!!!! NJ’s Jimmy Olsen read John Young’s blog! As far as Markell’s new puppet pick! Some nerve Markell has pushing school districts to do more extensive searches for school leaders. Practice what you preach Jack! And no doubt the state legislators will buy Markell’s pick at face value aka Markell’s stamp of approval! Godowsky might be the right person. However, I am convinced the Delaware Secretary of Education as well as state board of education members positions should be elected positions. Or at least the state board members to create a political firewall between the governor his free run of Delaware’s public education.
“We have been in a time of incredible improvement and significant change both around the country and in Delaware,” Murphy said. “We are going to see people who are going to struggle with those efforts. What I would ask of those who have been critical is to keep the focus on our children and what is best for them.”
Bullshit ! Politics and Wall Street first and then the kids! The only significant change I see is your ass is GONE!
Murphy’s tenure has seen a flood of school reforms, many of them tied to the federal Race to the Top grant Delaware won before he took office in 2012. He has faced growing criticism from teachers unions, lawmakers and other groups who say his Department of Education is out of touch with everyday teachers and has used test scores to unfairly label and punish schools.
Murphy’s tenure was nothing more than being a pool-boy for Jack Markell whose education plan was stuffed in his pocket by Rodel!
“I think that has been the biggest criticism with our current leadership,” said Teri Hodges, president of the Delaware Parent Teacher Association. “The department became known for putting together initiatives and programs and then asking for feedback after it’s already been implemented. The new leadership will definitely have to spend more time engaging the community and be 100 percent transparent.”
Exactly Teri and Markell’s secret meeting picking Murphy successor is classic example. If one were to study Title 1 Section 1118 they would see how Markell infringed on the unique power Title 1 parents now wasted away via NCLB waviers. And that power was a result of the hard work of William Hicks Anderson. Markell buys a program and then tries to indoctrinate parents as many district leaders help pour the kool-aid.
Many district officials and lawmakers also blasted the way the Department handled the rollout of the plan, saying it held a press conference before handing out detailed plans and developed rules without enough input from on-the-ground educators.
Murphy had critics before announcing that plan, but the months-long fight over the schools turned him into a lightning rod.
Mark Holodick, superintendent of the Brandywine School District, said Godowsky is a good choice to build bridges.
“He prefers face to face meetings and prides himself on relationship building,” Holodick said. “Those characteristics as a leader will help build trust in the system and across the state between school boards, superintendents, and the department.”