Hear for yourself, Delaware Secretary of Education Mark Murphy said, “school or it’s representative misappropriated funds”. Un-F’ing believable, DE DOE by law is required to have a DE DOE representative on the charter schools Citizen Budget Oversight Committee. When will the idiots working at DE DOE in the Charter School Office be put on probation?
Jenny said, the matter was referred to state audit and AG office! WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DE DOE has representatives on the CBOC!
Check out this:
DE DOE Job Posting:
The Department of Education is seeking a part-time seasonal/casual worker to monitor charter schools in Kent and New Castle counties Citizen Budget Oversight Committee meetings. Most of these meetings will take place on weekday evenings, so they should have the availability during that block of time. Currently, the position is for summer with the potential opportunity to extend into the fall.
The primary responsibilities will include:
– Observing charter school board meetings
– Acting as the DOE representative at Citizen Budget Oversight Committee meetings
– Monitoring charter school websites and reporting on compliance issues
– Visiting schools
– Submitting reports on meeting & school visit operations
– Conducting research on national best practices for charter school oversight
– Contributing to DOE Charter School Office projects
– Participating in DOE Charter School Office meetings via phone or videoconference.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of one year of work experience.
Applicants must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills during the interview process. The successful candidate must complete a criminal background check and be available for employment starting in June.
Contract Period: June to December 2015; ten (10) to twenty (20) hours per week
Rate of Pay: $30.00 per hour
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of one year of work experience.