May 7, 2015
In light of the recent developments in the Superior Court action regarding Mosaica Education, Inc.’s writ of garnishment, there appears a real possibility that AOD will have to pay the judgement, severely weakening the school’s financial viability. Unless AOD and Mosaica negotiate a compromise, AOD’s payment of the judgement would likely place the school in sufficient financial distress to necessitate school closure.
The Charter School Office requests that Board members and counsel attend the May 13 CSAC Initial Meeting to address the litigation and the steps AOD has taken to pay this judgement. Additionally, to inform the CSAC discussion, please provide a written charter school closure protocol that complies with the requirements set forth in 14 Del. C. § 514(i) (see attached Charter School Closure Protocol) by Monday, May 11, 2015 at noon.
In addition, this week, the Department learned that there was an incident at AOD involving a teacher who committed an act of violence against a student. Please be prepared to provide additional information regarding the incident and the actions taken by the administration and the Board to address the issue.
Mike Broaddus on Message to North Korea militar… kilroysdelaware on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Matthews on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Broaddus on Why is it necessary to publish… kilroysdelaware on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Red Clay forms committee to ad… M Ryder on Red Clay forms committee to ad… Arthur on OMG ! Rodel is trying to cover… Mike Broaddus on Weak-kneed Obama defers war wi…
- Why aren’t weather reporters in Florida not wearing hardhats or protective helmets?? @weatherchannel @cnn
- Delaware legislators refuse to fund all public schools the same! @dedeptofed @destateboarded @johncarneyde @
- Rep Kowalko on his soapbox bitch-slapping
- Message to North Korea military leaders save your families from Kim Jong-um #NORTHKOREA @DPRK_News
- China is North Korea’s puppet-master! Stop shopping at Walmart!
- University of Wisconsin–Madison deletes students’ video amid criticism from state senator: thefire.org/university-of-… https://t.co/ZwM2N4QXCw 12 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @hechingerreport @magstock @nhannahjones Here's @emmanuelfelton's story, published the same week as the other story… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Made it down this morning for #CBC17 @CBCFInc. @BishopCEBlake and @PastorSCaesar #prayerbreakfast. 18 minutes ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 3 weeks ago
- The relative silence of those Americans who ought to be a part of an anti-fascist coalition is the real challenge. snappytv.com/tc/5522434 1 month ago
- Newark- Delaware State Police have arrested two people and have charged them in connection with a pair of armed... fb.me/1hc3jege7 16 hours ago