May 7, 2015
In light of the recent developments in the Superior Court action regarding Mosaica Education, Inc.’s writ of garnishment, there appears a real possibility that AOD will have to pay the judgement, severely weakening the school’s financial viability. Unless AOD and Mosaica negotiate a compromise, AOD’s payment of the judgement would likely place the school in sufficient financial distress to necessitate school closure.
The Charter School Office requests that Board members and counsel attend the May 13 CSAC Initial Meeting to address the litigation and the steps AOD has taken to pay this judgement. Additionally, to inform the CSAC discussion, please provide a written charter school closure protocol that complies with the requirements set forth in 14 Del. C. § 514(i) (see attached Charter School Closure Protocol) by Monday, May 11, 2015 at noon.
In addition, this week, the Department learned that there was an incident at AOD involving a teacher who committed an act of violence against a student. Please be prepared to provide additional information regarding the incident and the actions taken by the administration and the Board to address the issue.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid…
- HB#2343: Terrorist can live in Delaware but can’t purchase or own firearms ? Walk the talk Debbie !
- More Red Clay deception over Conrad Schools of Science! Lawsuit brewing!
- Does the First Amendment only apply for student walkouts if the issue is gun control ?
- Delaware legislators wants schools to complete for safety and security funding !
- Delaware Legislators to make air-soft guns illegal for those under the age of 16 and OMG legislation with more holes than a piece of Swiss Cheese
- New @freespeechtalk features a First Amendment Salon debate about Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Com… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @LearnLeapFly @matt_barnum Read my publication before pitching stories, for starters. Don't send generic pitches. 14 hours ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- #Bermuda Police: Autopsy shows former @ArchmereAcademy student died after "long fall:" wdel.com/news/video-ber… |… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- Pitch e-mail: "It’s Adam from Ministry of Forbidden Knowledge in Fort Lauderdale." 1 hour ago
- Despite the abolition of Roma and African American slavery, criminalization and demonization continues. bit.ly/2ouj4ZI @guardian 4 weeks ago
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 1 month ago
- Bridgeville- The Delaware State Police Troop 5 will be hosting a Town Hall Meeting to provide the public with its 2… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago