Pilot would test more flexible school funding Matthew Albright, The News Journal
School leaders say that system doesn’t leave them much flexibility to adjust their staffs to meet different needs. If a principal thinks his school could be best served by adding another teacher rather than a custodian, for example, the rigid rules of unit count might prevent that from being done.
Gov. Jack Markell has proposed in his budget for next year a pilot program that would let up to five school districts receive 10 percent of their total unit value in cash. The districts would still need to meet all the requirements for things like appropriate services for special needs, and the right number of school nurses. But they would not be bound by the stricter unit count rules.
Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school… Arthur on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… john kowalko on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on Is Delaware’s proposed E…
- What happens to a local school board member who doesn’t play ball with Governor John Carney!
- Delaware State Rep Kowalko puts Gov Mar-Carney in the corner re: Gov’s over-reaching Christina School District Plan
- Gov Carney’s swipe at teachers go unanswered by DSEA.
- Gov John Carney goes Trump on Christina School District! Parents are stupid I know what’s best for their children!
- Governor Carney pulls a Jack Markell on Christina School District ! Publius come out of self imposed exile !
- Harvard Corporation finalizes single-gender organization sanctions policy: thefire.org/harvard-corpor… 10 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Sign up for @TaraGarciaM's excellent "Future of Learning" newsletter for @hechingerreport. I highly recommend it. 💯 hechingerreport.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=66… 1 day ago
- I have a sneaky suspicion that tonight’s snow has snuck up on public works. No trucks are in sight. No salt on the streets. #HEYWEATHERMAN 1 day ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @JoeIrizarry: A resolution passed by @WilmCityCouncil will preserve the property in Canby Park as a memorial to three Wilmington firefig… 10 hours ago
- .@SenatorCarper shouting over a committee chairman is like Mr. Rogers dropping the f-bomb. twitter.com/SenateDems/sta… 9 hours ago
- Yet prophetic fight back still looms large. #RaceMatters #newintro #25yearslater Link to purchase: amzn.to/2koqRd0 1 week ago
- Just released the 25th Anniversary edition of RACE MATTERS -- Sizzling new introduction about race matters in the 2… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Wilmington - Delaware State Police are asking for the public's assistance, in locating Eugene Smallwood, 40, who... fb.me/8eBz7YTpi 12 hours ago