Christina district gets reprieve on Priority Schools Matthew Albright, The News Journal
The Christina School District’s three Priority Schools in inner-city Wilmington can keep their principals and teachers next year while state leaders grapple with a redistricting plan that would hand over all of the district’s schools in the city limits to the Red Clay School District.
The Christina School Board voted Tuesday night to approve a one-year agreement with the Department of Education that would leave Bancroft and Stubbs elementary schools and Bayard Middle School under Christina’s banner for a year.
“We agreed that the best thing for those kids would be to provide a stable environment with some of the things we had planned for which we had funding,” said Board President Frederick Polaski, who helped to negotiate the deal with the state.
Though the most controversial part of Priority Schools – removing school staff – is no longer on the table, there will be some changes.
John Young on Does Red Clay really want law… Josiah Andrews-Law on Red Clay makes blunder using l… Mike Broaddus on Message to North Korea militar… kilroysdelaware on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Matthews on Will Bill Dunn run for Red Cla… Mike Broaddus on Why is it necessary to publish… kilroysdelaware on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Wanxiang now owes $2,015,608.2… Arthur on Red Clay forms committee to ad… M Ryder on Red Clay forms committee to ad…
- Does Red Clay really want law enforcement to curtails surveillance and frisks near school bus stops?
- Red Clay makes blunder using live BoardDocs
- Rep Kowalko bitch-slap former Governor Jack Markell! OUCH !!!!!!
- Jack Markell makes some confessions to The New York Times.
- Why aren’t weather reporters in Florida not wearing hardhats or protective helmets?? @weatherchannel @cnn
- In the 1920s, the U.S. Postal Service burned copies of “Ulysses,” later banned “For Whom the Bell Tolls” from being mailed. #BannedBooksWeek 10 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @hechingerreport @magstock @nhannahjones Here's @emmanuelfelton's story, published the same week as the other story… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- Jerry Jones kneels with @dallascowboys before tonight's football game. https://t.co/geawAzD9Q1 6 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Former Pres. Obama honors Beau Biden at #Delaware fundraiser: wdel.com/news/video-for… | #netDE https://t.co/oMq9Q9DQQz 3 hours ago
- I guess it's too much to hope for that this is the last time Anthony Weiner is trending on Twitter, right? 10 hours ago
- RT @HarvardDivinity: Back from #Charlottesville! Don't miss @CornelWest's Convocation address streaming LIVE today at 330 pm: https://t.co/… 3 weeks ago
- The relative silence of those Americans who ought to be a part of an anti-fascist coalition is the real challenge. snappytv.com/tc/5522434 1 month ago
- DELAWARE STATE POLICE SPONSORS A FREE CHILD SAFETY SEAT CHECK Child Safety Seat Installation and Education... fb.me/8sWw3XJa2 5 hours ago