Christina district gets reprieve on Priority Schools Matthew Albright, The News Journal
The Christina School District’s three Priority Schools in inner-city Wilmington can keep their principals and teachers next year while state leaders grapple with a redistricting plan that would hand over all of the district’s schools in the city limits to the Red Clay School District.
The Christina School Board voted Tuesday night to approve a one-year agreement with the Department of Education that would leave Bancroft and Stubbs elementary schools and Bayard Middle School under Christina’s banner for a year.
“We agreed that the best thing for those kids would be to provide a stable environment with some of the things we had planned for which we had funding,” said Board President Frederick Polaski, who helped to negotiate the deal with the state.
Though the most controversial part of Priority Schools – removing school staff – is no longer on the table, there will be some changes.
Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school… Arthur on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… john kowalko on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on Is Delaware’s proposed E…
- What happens to a local school board member who doesn’t play ball with Governor John Carney!
- Delaware State Rep Kowalko puts Gov Mar-Carney in the corner re: Gov’s over-reaching Christina School District Plan
- Gov Carney’s swipe at teachers go unanswered by DSEA.
- Gov John Carney goes Trump on Christina School District! Parents are stupid I know what’s best for their children!
- Governor Carney pulls a Jack Markell on Christina School District ! Publius come out of self imposed exile !
- Harvard Corporation finalizes single-gender organization sanctions policy: thefire.org/harvard-corpor… 10 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Sign up for @TaraGarciaM's excellent "Future of Learning" newsletter for @hechingerreport. I highly recommend it. 💯 hechingerreport.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=66… 1 day ago
- I have a sneaky suspicion that tonight’s snow has snuck up on public works. No trucks are in sight. No salt on the streets. #HEYWEATHERMAN 1 day ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @JoeIrizarry: A resolution passed by @WilmCityCouncil will preserve the property in Canby Park as a memorial to three Wilmington firefig… 10 hours ago
- .@SenatorCarper shouting over a committee chairman is like Mr. Rogers dropping the f-bomb. twitter.com/SenateDems/sta… 9 hours ago
- Yet prophetic fight back still looms large. #RaceMatters #newintro #25yearslater Link to purchase: amzn.to/2koqRd0 1 week ago
- Just released the 25th Anniversary edition of RACE MATTERS -- Sizzling new introduction about race matters in the 2… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Wilmington - Delaware State Police are asking for the public's assistance, in locating Eugene Smallwood, 40, who... fb.me/8eBz7YTpi 12 hours ago