Christina district gets reprieve on Priority Schools Matthew Albright, The News Journal
The Christina School District’s three Priority Schools in inner-city Wilmington can keep their principals and teachers next year while state leaders grapple with a redistricting plan that would hand over all of the district’s schools in the city limits to the Red Clay School District.
The Christina School Board voted Tuesday night to approve a one-year agreement with the Department of Education that would leave Bancroft and Stubbs elementary schools and Bayard Middle School under Christina’s banner for a year.
“We agreed that the best thing for those kids would be to provide a stable environment with some of the things we had planned for which we had funding,” said Board President Frederick Polaski, who helped to negotiate the deal with the state.
Though the most controversial part of Priority Schools – removing school staff – is no longer on the table, there will be some changes.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid…
- HB#2343: Terrorist can live in Delaware but can’t purchase or own firearms ? Walk the talk Debbie !
- More Red Clay deception over Conrad Schools of Science! Lawsuit brewing!
- Does the First Amendment only apply for student walkouts if the issue is gun control ?
- Delaware legislators wants schools to complete for safety and security funding !
- Delaware Legislators to make air-soft guns illegal for those under the age of 16 and OMG legislation with more holes than a piece of Swiss Cheese
- New @freespeechtalk features a First Amendment Salon debate about Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Com… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @LearnLeapFly @matt_barnum Read my publication before pitching stories, for starters. Don't send generic pitches. 9 hours ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- #Bermuda Police: Autopsy shows former @ArchmereAcademy student died after "long fall:" wdel.com/news/video-ber… |… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- RT @NateSilver538: Few things that people call "PR problems" are really PR problems. Most are substantive problems. Or they involve someone… 25 minutes ago
- Despite the abolition of Roma and African American slavery, criminalization and demonization continues. bit.ly/2ouj4ZI @guardian 4 weeks ago
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 1 month ago
- Harrington- Michael J. Morris has been located in good condition. The Gold Alert has been canceled. Click to view… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago