Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- Jerry Falwell Jr. lauds @LibertyU's commitment to free speech while embracing his ‘right’ to censor its newspaper.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- #JetSet | Hidden cameras in #Airbnbs not stopping bookings, @DTCChicago survey finds: wdel.com/news/jetset-hi… |… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @DaveBentz: Reenactment of how my kid woke me up at 5:30 this morning. #dadtweet https://t.co/lgFKI2BQSP 51 minutes ago
- To quote MLK, we need a reshaping of our priorities! Donald Trump is a socialist for the elite. WATCH via @AC360… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 5 days ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 4 days ago
Daily Archives: February 27, 2015
Christina School District starts cutting costs Matthew Albright, The News Journal
Two days after voters slapped down a request to raise property taxes to cover growing costs, the Christina School District announced Thursday cost-cutting actions to prepare for a looming budget deficit.
The district has placed a freeze on new hiring and axed all travel for district personnel. District administrators also cut school budgets and directed department heads and principals to start cutting overtime, reducing contracted services and eliminating or leaving unfilled positions in which teachers get extra pay for extra responsibilities, like advisers and coaches.
“We don’t want people to think that we’re going to start shutting programs down now. We’re very respectful of what our students and schools are engaged in,” said Superintendent Freeman Williams. “At the same time, we need to be prudent and responsible and begin to prepare for the adjustments we need to make.”
The district also will begin looking at possible reductions to pay for administrators and will invite teacher unions to discuss the possibility of reduced pay or eliminating jobs, Williams said.