Caesar Rodney columnist wrong
The recent “Comment” column by Dr. John Stapleford titled “The Special value of those who run our state” was either poorly researched or intentionally dishonest. Either way, it does not bolster the credibility of the Caesar Rodney Institute, of which he is president. The salary of a legislator in 2013 was $44,041 a year – not $59,000, as Dr. Stapleford claims. This represents a 4.65 percent increase from 2007 to 2013 (not 17.3 percent) which is 5.5 percent less than private-sector increases over the same period. Some legislators who serve in leadership positions or on certain committees received a stipend for their additional duties but many legislators do not receive any stipends.
Dr. Stapleford’s claim that legislators work only six months out of the year is intentionally dishonest. He knows better. Senators serve (on average) 42,000 constituents each, and House members serve approximately 21,000 each. We serve those constituents and their communities seven days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Finally, Dr. Stapleford claims that legislators’ salaries are set by the Delaware Compensation Commission, “of whom 5 out of 6 members are legislators and 1 member is from the private sector.” For the record, no legislators serve on that Commission.
Sen. Karen Peterson
wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- FIRE statement on @usedgov letter to Duke-UNC Consortium for Middle East Studies: thefire.org/fire-statement… In shor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @jackiemader: Why your toddler can't learn from a screen hechingerreport.org/why-your-toddl…… #earlyed #edchat 8 hours ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- The Democratic establishment strategy of anybody but Bernie. Part 1: bit.ly/2kyqey5 Part 2:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Please note my reference here to the upcoming historic Civil Rights case before the Supreme Court inspired by Byron… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Traffic Advisory-DuPont Blvd & Hickory St - NB lane of DuPont BLVD Closed due to crash 1 hour ago