Delaware marijuana decriminalization introduced Jonathan Starkey, The News Journal
Delawareans caught with an ounce or less of marijuana would face just civil fines, not a criminal record, under decriminalization legislation introduced Thursday by a Wilmington lawmaker in the state House of Representatives.
Rep. Helene Keeley, the south Wilmington Democrat, said state residents should not have trouble getting a job, or finding financial aid for college, simply because they were busted with a small amount of pot.
The legislation, House Bill 39, would treat simple possession of the drug, and private use, like a traffic ticket. Selling the drug, and also possessing marijuana with an intent to sell, would remain criminal offenses.
“There’s definitely a generational shift going on here,” Keeley said in a Thursday interview.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid…
- HB#2343: Terrorist can live in Delaware but can’t purchase or own firearms ? Walk the talk Debbie !
- More Red Clay deception over Conrad Schools of Science! Lawsuit brewing!
- Does the First Amendment only apply for student walkouts if the issue is gun control ?
- Delaware legislators wants schools to complete for safety and security funding !
- Delaware Legislators to make air-soft guns illegal for those under the age of 16 and OMG legislation with more holes than a piece of Swiss Cheese
- New @freespeechtalk features a First Amendment Salon debate about Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Com… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @LearnLeapFly @matt_barnum Read my publication before pitching stories, for starters. Don't send generic pitches. 14 hours ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- #Bermuda Police: Autopsy shows former @ArchmereAcademy student died after "long fall:" wdel.com/news/video-ber… |… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- Pitch e-mail: "It’s Adam from Ministry of Forbidden Knowledge in Fort Lauderdale." 52 minutes ago
- Despite the abolition of Roma and African American slavery, criminalization and demonization continues. bit.ly/2ouj4ZI @guardian 4 weeks ago
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 1 month ago
- Bridgeville- The Delaware State Police Troop 5 will be hosting a Town Hall Meeting to provide the public with its 2… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago