Delaware marijuana decriminalization introduced Jonathan Starkey, The News Journal
Delawareans caught with an ounce or less of marijuana would face just civil fines, not a criminal record, under decriminalization legislation introduced Thursday by a Wilmington lawmaker in the state House of Representatives.
Rep. Helene Keeley, the south Wilmington Democrat, said state residents should not have trouble getting a job, or finding financial aid for college, simply because they were busted with a small amount of pot.
The legislation, House Bill 39, would treat simple possession of the drug, and private use, like a traffic ticket. Selling the drug, and also possessing marijuana with an intent to sell, would remain criminal offenses.
“There’s definitely a generational shift going on here,” Keeley said in a Thursday interview.
Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Governor John Carney… kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa…
- Is the Immigrant Caravan a drug cartel created diversion ? @seanhannity
- Corey Booker releases 2020 Campaign Song @ingrahamAngle
- University of Delaware rated #1 party school. 100 students arrested this weekend for underage drinking! They should be expelled from college.
- Death’s rattle at the gates of America
- Hicks Anderson didn’t march to the white man’s drum!
- The settlement will end a policy declaring off-limits to free speech the vast majority of all nine campuses in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @RosieGray I don't see anything weird about lunch occasionally with your kid. Every day? Yes, that's weird. But loc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Setting up. Christ Baptist Church of Delaware volunteering today 12noon-5pm at the Frances E. Stafford Annual Holid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- DMA grad played important role in George HW Bush's funeral: wdel.com/news/dma-grad-… | via @SeanGreeneWDEL #netDE https://t.co/1P5FAhTs1M 7 hours ago
- Proof of what we already knew: the current EPA leadership's prime directive is to do what industry tells it to. twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/… 17 hours ago
- It was an honor to introduce my dear brother @BernieSanders before his recent keynote speech at the Sanders Institu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Why is it so difficult, if not impossible, to have a candid debate about the grim Israeli-Palestinian catastrophe t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Troopers Investigating the Armed Robbery of Stanton Gas Station dsp.delaware.gov/2018/12/13/tro… Wilmington (19804) –... dsp.delaware.gov/2018/12/13/tro… 11 hours ago