Delaware marijuana decriminalization introduced Jonathan Starkey, The News Journal
Delawareans caught with an ounce or less of marijuana would face just civil fines, not a criminal record, under decriminalization legislation introduced Thursday by a Wilmington lawmaker in the state House of Representatives.
Rep. Helene Keeley, the south Wilmington Democrat, said state residents should not have trouble getting a job, or finding financial aid for college, simply because they were busted with a small amount of pot.
The legislation, House Bill 39, would treat simple possession of the drug, and private use, like a traffic ticket. Selling the drug, and also possessing marijuana with an intent to sell, would remain criminal offenses.
“There’s definitely a generational shift going on here,” Keeley said in a Thursday interview.
kilroysdelaware on Open Mic for Charter School of… kilroysdelaware on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Mike Broaddus on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Arthur on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… melissa on Forget about doing the right t… Will Garfinkel on Forget about doing the right t… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… Arthur on Forget about doing the right t… Dpont23 on The implosion of the former G.…
- Black lives only matter during election time and in the mean time, racial bias laws continue to separate African-American children from their parents using bars and razor wire.
- Obama caught telling white lies about immigration
- Breaking News ! Bill Clinton share Trumps views on illegal immigrants
- Bad Ass 2016 Shelby GT350 at Boulevard Ford Lewes Delaware. Ask for AJ
- Charter School of Wilmington needs radical leadership change ASAP or kneel before DSEA! @project_veritas
- These programs are technically legal, but this kind of surveillance is absolutely chilling to speech. 3/3 18 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @jackiemader: Migrant children who are separated from their parents and guardians are at risk of experiencing "toxic stress," which impe… 18 hours ago
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 3 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- On July 14 and 15, I’ll be @Dartmouth to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Race Matters" with lectures, presentati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- For Corporate America, there will always be an ambiguity between doing well and doing good. @AC360 #cnn #ABC… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Wilmington– Delaware State Police are continuing to investigate a serious crash involving a motorcycle that occurre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago