Delaware marijuana decriminalization introduced Jonathan Starkey, The News Journal
Delawareans caught with an ounce or less of marijuana would face just civil fines, not a criminal record, under decriminalization legislation introduced Thursday by a Wilmington lawmaker in the state House of Representatives.
Rep. Helene Keeley, the south Wilmington Democrat, said state residents should not have trouble getting a job, or finding financial aid for college, simply because they were busted with a small amount of pot.
The legislation, House Bill 39, would treat simple possession of the drug, and private use, like a traffic ticket. Selling the drug, and also possessing marijuana with an intent to sell, would remain criminal offenses.
“There’s definitely a generational shift going on here,” Keeley said in a Thursday interview.
kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… Dpont23 on Senator Carper stricken with… Kevin Ohlandt on When was the last time you vot… Will Garfinkel on When was the last time you vot… Dpont23 on Delaware’s candidate for… john kowalko on Is Delaware Secretary of Educa… Kevin Ohlandt on Caesar Rodney Institute Spanks… Dpont23 on Joe Biden under doctor’s… M Ryder on Delaware Dems busting on Trump…
- Love hate relation with Joe Biden (insight on Military Draft and If he does 2020)
- Kathy Jennings will win Delaware AG Race but loss my vote! Here’s why!
- Senator Carper admits Obamacare is flawed but has no plan to fix it
- Senator Carper stricken with brain-fart
- Megan McCain to run for father’s senate seat! Campaigning over dad’s coffin
- RT @glukianoff: 'Speech Code Hokey Pokey: How Campus Speech Codes Could Rebound' Post #3 @VolokhC (our best title of the week. Thanks @AdGo… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @esanzi @laurenonthehill She did well with Nemo. We watched it at the Childrens ER one long night. (Split lip) 46 minutes ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- RT @JoeIrizarry: County Councilman George Smiley cleared of harassment complaint brought forward by Council President Karen Hartley-Nagle.… 35 minutes ago
- Polling mecca @FiveThirtyEight gives Sen. Tom Carper and Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester a 99 percent chance of re-electi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- You can't take Trump seriously. He is a gangster that is beginning to shake in his boots -- let's keep track of his… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @thinkincAU: WHAT A BLAST! Last week we toured Australia & New Zealand with Dr @CornelWest & @DouglasKMurray for #Polarised and some of… 1 month ago
- Public’s Assistance Sought in Identifying Robbery Suspects dsp.delaware.gov/2018/09/25/pub… Wilmington - The Delaware Stat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago