Another teen killed, Friday’s victim remembered Xerxes Wilson, The News Journal
Across the city an hour before, friends were gathered at a makeshift memorial at the 200 block of N. Broom St. for 16-year-old Jordan Ellerbe, an A.I. du Pont High School freshman who was fatally shot in the head in Wilmington’s Hilltop neighborhood Friday night. Several people visiting the memorial confirmed the victim’s name, though Wilmington Police had not Saturday.
“He was intelligent. He stayed geekin’,” said Ellerbe’s classmate who identified himself as Raheem H.
Raheem and friends buzzed around an altar of teddy bears and candles on the porch of a three-story row home where Ellerbe was gunned down. They used their phones to record sometimes teary memorials to their friend who they knew as ‘Jor jor’ while another friend spray-painted a tribute in the yard below.
“He was a fly guy, funny and hilarious. He always looked out for his friends and family. Anytime I was hungry or something he would always help me out,” Raheem said.
Red Clay School District spokesperson Pati Nash said the school will make counselors available to students on Monday morning.
M Ryder on Delaware HB 287 calls for equa… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school…
- OMG! Rep Ramone! Check the chlorine level in your pool! HB 236
- HB 278 reducing school board terms from 5 years to 4 is a roll of the dice
- Delaware HB 287 calls for equal diplomas for Special Education and Regular Education
- President Trumps economic success a windfall for Delaware state budget
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- @Popehat FIRE’s West Coast Regional Conference is free to attend, open to current students at U.S. colleges, and wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 35 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: In 2018, these are our priorities. I’m here today asking you to join me in making these goals a reality. #DESOTS https://… 21 hours ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Humbling experience to cook dinner for kids and their families at the #WilmDE @RMHDelaware w/ @WDEL @937WSTW!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 minutes ago
- So the real goal is to create a separate firearms regulator that they can then starve like the CFPB or EPA, right? twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT… 3 hours ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 day ago
- The undeniable collapse of integrity, honesty and decency in our public and private life has fueled racial hatred a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Clayton - The Delaware State Police have arrested two suspects in connection with a robbery in which the victim... fb.me/VQURn0sU 33 minutes ago