Another teen killed, Friday’s victim remembered Xerxes Wilson, The News Journal
Across the city an hour before, friends were gathered at a makeshift memorial at the 200 block of N. Broom St. for 16-year-old Jordan Ellerbe, an A.I. du Pont High School freshman who was fatally shot in the head in Wilmington’s Hilltop neighborhood Friday night. Several people visiting the memorial confirmed the victim’s name, though Wilmington Police had not Saturday.
“He was intelligent. He stayed geekin’,” said Ellerbe’s classmate who identified himself as Raheem H.
Raheem and friends buzzed around an altar of teddy bears and candles on the porch of a three-story row home where Ellerbe was gunned down. They used their phones to record sometimes teary memorials to their friend who they knew as ‘Jor jor’ while another friend spray-painted a tribute in the yard below.
“He was a fly guy, funny and hilarious. He always looked out for his friends and family. Anytime I was hungry or something he would always help me out,” Raheem said.
Red Clay School District spokesperson Pati Nash said the school will make counselors available to students on Monday morning.
Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- New York considers an Israel-related 'hate speech' bill for the fourth time. It's still unconstitutional. Consult… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @duvINdelaware: Heavy regional rains last night have local rivers running high and fast with more rain anticipated today. Brandywine in… 3 hours ago
- To quote MLK, we need a reshaping of our priorities! Donald Trump is a socialist for the elite. WATCH via @AC360… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 1 week ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 5 days ago