Another teen killed, Friday’s victim remembered Xerxes Wilson, The News Journal
Across the city an hour before, friends were gathered at a makeshift memorial at the 200 block of N. Broom St. for 16-year-old Jordan Ellerbe, an A.I. du Pont High School freshman who was fatally shot in the head in Wilmington’s Hilltop neighborhood Friday night. Several people visiting the memorial confirmed the victim’s name, though Wilmington Police had not Saturday.
“He was intelligent. He stayed geekin’,” said Ellerbe’s classmate who identified himself as Raheem H.
Raheem and friends buzzed around an altar of teddy bears and candles on the porch of a three-story row home where Ellerbe was gunned down. They used their phones to record sometimes teary memorials to their friend who they knew as ‘Jor jor’ while another friend spray-painted a tribute in the yard below.
“He was a fly guy, funny and hilarious. He always looked out for his friends and family. Anytime I was hungry or something he would always help me out,” Raheem said.
Red Clay School District spokesperson Pati Nash said the school will make counselors available to students on Monday morning.
wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- FIRE statement on @usedgov letter to Duke-UNC Consortium for Middle East Studies: thefire.org/fire-statement… In shor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @jackiemader: Why your toddler can't learn from a screen hechingerreport.org/why-your-toddl…… #earlyed #edchat 8 hours ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- The Democratic establishment strategy of anybody but Bernie. Part 1: bit.ly/2kyqey5 Part 2:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Please note my reference here to the upcoming historic Civil Rights case before the Supreme Court inspired by Byron… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Traffic Advisory-DuPont Blvd & Hickory St - NB lane of DuPont BLVD Closed due to crash 1 hour ago