Another teen killed, Friday’s victim remembered Xerxes Wilson, The News Journal
Across the city an hour before, friends were gathered at a makeshift memorial at the 200 block of N. Broom St. for 16-year-old Jordan Ellerbe, an A.I. du Pont High School freshman who was fatally shot in the head in Wilmington’s Hilltop neighborhood Friday night. Several people visiting the memorial confirmed the victim’s name, though Wilmington Police had not Saturday.
“He was intelligent. He stayed geekin’,” said Ellerbe’s classmate who identified himself as Raheem H.
Raheem and friends buzzed around an altar of teddy bears and candles on the porch of a three-story row home where Ellerbe was gunned down. They used their phones to record sometimes teary memorials to their friend who they knew as ‘Jor jor’ while another friend spray-painted a tribute in the yard below.
“He was a fly guy, funny and hilarious. He always looked out for his friends and family. Anytime I was hungry or something he would always help me out,” Raheem said.
Red Clay School District spokesperson Pati Nash said the school will make counselors available to students on Monday morning.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid…
- This how Harnett County North Carolina Democratic Party treats V.P. of North Carolina Progressive Democratic Caucus last night
- Is a certain North Carolina congressional district (D) $$$ dealing from the bottom of the $$$ deck to one of three candidates in advance of primary? @huffpost @TheNCpress @ap
- Liberal Trojan Horse: calling for banning assault weapons is nothing more than stepping stone to eliminate 2nd Amendment.
- Delaware: No Pot for Pain but Safe Shooting Galleries for those hooked on Horse
- HB#2343: Terrorist can live in Delaware but can’t purchase or own firearms ? Walk the talk Debbie !
- Update: Fresno State University held a press conference this afternoon, announcing the initiation of an investigati… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Melania Trump issued a press statement (without her husband) about the death of Barbara Bush a full 10 minutes befo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- In today's gross news: "It smells like death:" Alabama endures NYC "poop train:" nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-… https://t.co/hoyIiee7iv 18 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- RT @DCWarnerTheatre: PRESALE -- Justice Matters: Dr. @CornelWest and @DomenicoNPR on May 31st! Use code “DANCE” until 10PM Thursday: https:… 18 hours ago
- My dear brothers and sisters of DC, join me May 31 at @DCWarnerTheatre for a timely #JusticeMatters talk with #NPR… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- Smyrna- Delaware State Police have arrested three suspects in connection with a shots fired complaint that occurred… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago