Markell focuses on crime, infrastructure, education in State of State By Amy Cherry WDEL
The proposal will call for a raise in starting salaries for teachers and will allow educators to earn more by taking on leadership responsibilities while remaining in the classroom.
The new pay scale has long been needed in Delaware, which loses some of its best teachers to neighboring states, which all pay their teachers more money.
At the same time, Markell called for a change in the way education is funded. He’s proposed a school funding task force to make recommendations that spur innovation on schools and address inequities for the state’s neediest students.
“We can’t prepare our students to seize the opportunities of a new economy with a funding system that was developed three-quarters of a century ago,” said Markell.
Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- New York considers an Israel-related 'hate speech' bill for the fourth time. It's still unconstitutional. Consult… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @duvINdelaware: Heavy regional rains last night have local rivers running high and fast with more rain anticipated today. Brandywine in… 3 hours ago
- To quote MLK, we need a reshaping of our priorities! Donald Trump is a socialist for the elite. WATCH via @AC360… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 1 week ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 5 days ago