Reach Academy for Girls sues again to stay open Matthew Albright, The News Journal
The Reach Academy for Girls charter school has again sued, this time in a different court, in a last-ditch attempt to stay open after a previous lawsuit failed.
Reach is slated to close at the end of the year after Secretary of Education Mark Murphy decided not to renew its charter, citing test scores that were among the worst in the state and not improving.
The lawsuit, filed Tuesday in Chancery Court, argues the Department of Education decided not to renew the school’s charter solely because of low performance on test scores and did not sufficiently consider other evidence parents and others submitted that the school was the right fit for their kids.
The lawsuit says department officials did not include in an electronic docket comments from a public meeting in which members of the school community pleaded with the state to keep Reach open. That means Murphy didn’t have a complete record when he made his decision, they argue.
kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato… Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- The governor of Texas signed two unconstitutional bills into law. If any student or faculty member experiences dep… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Beautiful #FathersDay2019 storytelling from @budweiser. #SmartMarketing twitter.com/LizHemingway/s… 3 hours ago
- RT @zipcodewilm: We are proud to announce that Zip Code has been selected as one of six national training programs in a new government init… 4 hours ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 4 days ago
- Joe Biden represents a past that hurt black people. Tune into the conversation on #FoxNews bit.ly/2Zk0CU7 5 days ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 2 days ago