Markell focuses on crime, infrastructure, education in State of State By Amy Cherry WDEL
The proposal will call for a raise in starting salaries for teachers and will allow educators to earn more by taking on leadership responsibilities while remaining in the classroom.
The new pay scale has long been needed in Delaware, which loses some of its best teachers to neighboring states, which all pay their teachers more money.
At the same time, Markell called for a change in the way education is funded. He’s proposed a school funding task force to make recommendations that spur innovation on schools and address inequities for the state’s neediest students.
“We can’t prepare our students to seize the opportunities of a new economy with a funding system that was developed three-quarters of a century ago,” said Markell.
wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- In a new @NYDailyNews op-ed, @sarahemclaugh asks, when it comes to China, will our academic institutions stand agai… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- VIDEO | DNA advances lead to arrest in 1993 #NewarkDE rape: wdel.com/news/video-dna… | #netDE https://t.co/6fClbmlXwF 5 hours ago
- RT @melissamaynard: Historically, states provided a greater share of higher education funding than the federal government, but the last two… 5 hours ago
- RT @Princeton: Tonight at #PrincetonU, two professors on different ends of the political spectrum, @McCormickProf and @CornelWest, discuss… 4 days ago
- Join me at #OutNow protests launching 10/19 demanding that the fascist Trump/Pence Regime Must Go—NOW! We are hitti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Traffic update-Vines Creek Rd @ Gray Rd -Dagsboro is open in all directions at this time 7 hours ago