Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Thank you for your service and keeping America free Navy Seal Edward Gallagher
- Boycott Nike @nike
- CNN Chris Cuomo stoking the flames of war with Iran
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- 50 universities now earn FIRE's highest, "green light" rating for free speech. Is your school on the list?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @caseyparks: "Since I got the letter, I haven't slept in two days ... why would he write little old me?" @CNN talked to Danielle Metz, t… 1 day ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- "Dangerous" heat wave | Hottest temps in years to hit area: wdel.com/news/dangerous… | #netDE #weather #heatwave https://t.co/DI6wAxiTyN 1 day ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- These vicious, racist and xenophobic attacks from Trump exhibit how he isn't mature enough to confront complicated… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- The Establishment in the Democratic Party is unraveling. bit.ly/2S2avDs (via @cnn) 1 week ago
- Traffic Update- Powell Farm Rd/Vines Creek RD - Back open 18 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 17, 2015
Look at Red Clay’s board agenda for January 21, 2015 upcoming board meeting See 5. Approval of Minutes (C) January 8, 2015 Brandywine Springs School PTO.
Steve Newton ripped me an new ass on this previous post How many Red Clay Board Members does it take to make a quorum ? Posted on January 8, 2015 by kilroysdelaware
Steve said this :
When that morphs into a paranoid rant (and, yep, that’s what it is) over three individuals who decided to come out and watch a fourth make a presentation, and who didn’t engage in any discussion or answering of questions, and that becomes the reason for melodramatic calls for people to step down because they’ve “violated their oaths,” then I call bullshit.
I am not going to jump the gun here re: assumption! However, I find it odd that if the meeting at Brandywine Springs on January 08, 2015 re: PTO meeting where 4 Red Clay board members attended didn’t fall under open meeting laws why is Red Clay school board in the position to “Approval Minutes”? Can anybody give a rational explanation as why its on the board agenda?
Yea yea Publius we’ve been down this topic road before! However, the fact remains DE DOE’s web information: Parent Refusal to Student Assessment / What you need to know is nothing more than an attempt to intimidate parents.
There are no provisions in state or federal regulation that allow Delaware to have a system for parents to refuse student assessment. In addition, state and federal laws are clear that there is an expectation that all students will participate in the state assessment system. The only instances in which students can be excluded relate to exemption requests. Only two reasons are allowable for requests for exemptions: extreme medical incidents or for reasons of mental health of the child (each requires documentation from a physician).
The reality is there is no state law that specifically addresses parents opting their child out of state assessment test. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
DE DOE links this section in the law as some kind of proof State Code: http://delcode.delaware.gov/title14/c001/sc04/index.shtml . TITLE 14 Education Free Public Schools CHAPTER 1. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION Subchapter IV. State Assessment System Security and Violations pertains to cheating, falsifying information and test data. There is NOTHING in this section of the law addressing refusal of taking the state assessment tests!
The Delaware Department of Education selected this section of the law as notation because the text is scattered with the word “violation” and that “violation” is not connected to anything associated with opting out or refusing to take state assessment tests.
I urge the Delaware PTA to confront this issue with DE DOE and ask they remove the misleading webpage information and link. Also, I urge Delaware PTA to communicate to parents that there is nothing in Delaware state law that indicates refusing to take the state assessment by parents or students is illegal or refers to penalties or consequences! The Delaware Department of Education communication is pure BULLSHIT!
This scandal is big because it involves a state which went down the charter path in a big way; one which is template for the current model which Delaware’s current administration is using…
Under Democratic Governor Cuomo, New York has done what the Democratic Governor of Delaware is trying to do. Force Charter Schools upon families.
And here are the results long predicted, now official.
Overall, schools in poorer districts spent $8,733 per pupil less in 2012 than those from wealthier ones, an inequity that grew by nearly 9% from before Cuomo took office in 2011, according to the study by a coalition of education advocacy groups opposing many of the reforms pushed by Cuomo…
This has long been predicted and long dismissed by Charter advocates who continue to say, there is no harm in allowing Charter Schools.
Charter schools by allowing choice, allow funds to leave public schools and go to…
View original post 119 more words