M Ryder on Delaware HB 287 calls for equa… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on Rep Baumdick & Sen Suckola… Steven Fackenthall on What happens to a local school… john kowalko on What happens to a local school… Dpont23 on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on Gov Carney’s swipe at te… Arthur on What happens to a local school… M Ryder on What happens to a local school… delawareway on What happens to a local school…
- OMG! Rep Ramone! Check the chlorine level in your pool! HB 236
- HB 278 reducing school board terms from 5 years to 4 is a roll of the dice
- Delaware HB 287 calls for equal diplomas for Special Education and Regular Education
- President Trumps economic success a windfall for Delaware state budget
- Rep Baumbach & Senator Sokola excludes charter school board members from their communist legislation to remove traditional public school board members
- @Popehat FIRE’s West Coast Regional Conference is free to attend, open to current students at U.S. colleges, and wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Loving this 🔥🔥🔥 essay from @sarika008 of @brightthemag brightthemag.com/facebook-youre… 15 hours ago
- RT @JohnCarneyDE: In 2018, these are our priorities. I’m here today asking you to join me in making these goals a reality. #DESOTS https://… 1 day ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- Humbling experience to cook dinner for kids and their families at the #WilmDE @RMHDelaware w/ @WDEL @937WSTW!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 day ago
- The undeniable collapse of integrity, honesty and decency in our public and private life has fueled racial hatred a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Smyrna- The Delaware State Police are currently conducting a death investigation after human skeletal remains... fb.me/LF8u8n6e 5 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 17, 2015
Look at Red Clay’s board agenda for January 21, 2015 upcoming board meeting See 5. Approval of Minutes (C) January 8, 2015 Brandywine Springs School PTO.
Steve Newton ripped me an new ass on this previous post How many Red Clay Board Members does it take to make a quorum ? Posted on January 8, 2015 by kilroysdelaware
Steve said this :
When that morphs into a paranoid rant (and, yep, that’s what it is) over three individuals who decided to come out and watch a fourth make a presentation, and who didn’t engage in any discussion or answering of questions, and that becomes the reason for melodramatic calls for people to step down because they’ve “violated their oaths,” then I call bullshit.
I am not going to jump the gun here re: assumption! However, I find it odd that if the meeting at Brandywine Springs on January 08, 2015 re: PTO meeting where 4 Red Clay board members attended didn’t fall under open meeting laws why is Red Clay school board in the position to “Approval Minutes”? Can anybody give a rational explanation as why its on the board agenda?
Yea yea Publius we’ve been down this topic road before! However, the fact remains DE DOE’s web information: Parent Refusal to Student Assessment / What you need to know is nothing more than an attempt to intimidate parents.
There are no provisions in state or federal regulation that allow Delaware to have a system for parents to refuse student assessment. In addition, state and federal laws are clear that there is an expectation that all students will participate in the state assessment system. The only instances in which students can be excluded relate to exemption requests. Only two reasons are allowable for requests for exemptions: extreme medical incidents or for reasons of mental health of the child (each requires documentation from a physician).
The reality is there is no state law that specifically addresses parents opting their child out of state assessment test. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
DE DOE links this section in the law as some kind of proof State Code: http://delcode.delaware.gov/title14/c001/sc04/index.shtml . TITLE 14 Education Free Public Schools CHAPTER 1. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION Subchapter IV. State Assessment System Security and Violations pertains to cheating, falsifying information and test data. There is NOTHING in this section of the law addressing refusal of taking the state assessment tests!
The Delaware Department of Education selected this section of the law as notation because the text is scattered with the word “violation” and that “violation” is not connected to anything associated with opting out or refusing to take state assessment tests.
I urge the Delaware PTA to confront this issue with DE DOE and ask they remove the misleading webpage information and link. Also, I urge Delaware PTA to communicate to parents that there is nothing in Delaware state law that indicates refusing to take the state assessment by parents or students is illegal or refers to penalties or consequences! The Delaware Department of Education communication is pure BULLSHIT!
This scandal is big because it involves a state which went down the charter path in a big way; one which is template for the current model which Delaware’s current administration is using…
Under Democratic Governor Cuomo, New York has done what the Democratic Governor of Delaware is trying to do. Force Charter Schools upon families.
And here are the results long predicted, now official.
Overall, schools in poorer districts spent $8,733 per pupil less in 2012 than those from wealthier ones, an inequity that grew by nearly 9% from before Cuomo took office in 2011, according to the study by a coalition of education advocacy groups opposing many of the reforms pushed by Cuomo…
This has long been predicted and long dismissed by Charter advocates who continue to say, there is no harm in allowing Charter Schools.
Charter schools by allowing choice, allow funds to leave public schools and go to…
View original post 119 more words