Cape Gazette ( Sussex County Delaware)
Selma Gibson 1/20/1942 – 2/18/2018 God Protect Your Soul Red Clay Title 1 TV Host
Arthur on Delaware; Christina School Boa… Arthur on Christina School Board Member… Just Facts on Delaware; Christina School Boa… Just Facts on Joe Biden’s Delaware ben… Kevin Ohlandt on Joe Biden’s Delaware ben… Elizabeth Ann on Former Christina School Board… Just Facts on Redistricting of New Castle Co… Just Facts on Is Delaware’s Governor a… wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative…
- Christina School Board Member calls it quits and can no long serve on a dysfunctional school board not focused on students.
- Lawsuit Brewing in Christina School District that could send the district into financial recovery and send teachers fleeing the district
- Delaware; Christina School Board throws up the white flag and calls for DE DOE to reach deeper into local control as superintendent bails out of the burning CSD plane. #netDE #eduDE
- Joe Biden’s Delaware bends over for Amazon with $4.5 million dollars in corporate welfare @seanhannity @ingrahamangle @BernieSanders @warren @PeteButtigieg @MikeBloomberg @amyklobuchar
- Delawareans sleeps as changes in public school district boundaries are likely to happen.When they wake up they’ll say nobody told me @delawareonline @the statenews @delaware today @denaacp @delawareblack @JohnCarneyDe @joebiden @wdel @whyy @nwkpost
- RT @HamiltonForum: @HamiltonForum is pleased to co-sponsor a talk by @glukianoff of @TheFIREorg on March 10 at Middlebury College. https… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @DeAngelisCorey @hechingerreport Thanks for reaching out, @DeAngelisCorey. This is an opinion column, and not a new… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Men’s Breakfast kicking off Men’s Season 2020 this morning @christbaptistchurchde. #mensfellowship #mensbreakfast… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- President Trump to update nation on #coronavirus threat to US in a few. Hear him LIVE on @WDEL: player.listenlive.co/44291 | #netDE 23 minutes ago
- Bernie and I -- like Martin Luther King, Jr., are Democratic Socialists -- NOT Soviet Communists. bit.ly/38RdGpl 4 days ago
- Stop-and-frisk is a liability for Bloomberg's 2020 bid bit.ly/38RdGpl #Sanders2020 #StopAndFrisk #Hannity #foxnews 4 days ago
- Traffic Advisory- crash at Coastal Hwy & Cave Neck Rd - expect delays 2 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 8, 2015
As many may notice there has been very little push-back from the Delaware GOP on Governor Markell’s intrusive education agenda that’s fueled by federal intervention in local control. Even a leading DE GOP party member Senator Greg Lavelle jumped on the Markell education reform plan with his support of Race to The Top, Common Core Standards and The Smarter Balanced Assessment. Not even a peep from State Representative Mike Ramone! Then there is State Representative Debbie Hudson that talks a good transparency game but went belly-up and abandoned her own legislation that would require recording of school board meetings.
Perhaps with the DE GOP state committee chairman being an owner of a charter school he stays in the corner like a scared mouse fearing any Markell criticism would unneeded bring attention to his charter school.
Folks it’s pretty bad in Delaware when a governor owns the Delaware Democrat Party and state legislators all but a few and nearly all republican legislators. Hats off to State Representative John Kowalko who dare to poke Markell in the eye!
I don’t foresee any GOP advancements in 2016 and can only hope we see at least one Libertarian breakthrough and more democrats in-tuned to education issues and the negative impact Markell has had on public education. I just hope when Matt Denn returns to Dover as governor in 2016 he not follow the destructive path Markell has taken. At least with Denn we might see advancement in transparency. One thing I do know, the Delaware Republican Party won’t see many victories in 2016 and for-sure won’t see a republican governor!
Christina moves to delay Priority Schools decision Matthew Albright, The News Journal
With two days remaining before a threatened state takeover of its three inner-city schools, the Christina board delayed action on the state’s priority schools plan – but it gave Superintendent Freeman Williams permission to work with education officials on a compromise.
Department spokeswoman Alison May said officials there were willing to extend the deadline for negotiations – at least for the moment. Gov. Jack Markell has said he will close those schools down or hand them over to charters or other outside operators if the district and state can’t agree.
The board’s move comes after the Department of Education rejected draft plans the district had crafted after months of meetings with parents, teachers and others in the schools’ communities.
So much for COLLABORATION! I’d say let Markell have his way with a takeover of these schools! Look at the fine job Markell did with Moyer by handing it over to his old K-12.inc bud via a no-bid contract.
What about Title 1 Section 1118? Yike I forget, Markell including elimination of section 1118 as part of his NCLB Wavier. Where are the Hick’s twins?
Red Clay School District / Board Election
- Filing Deadline: 4:30 p.m. March 6, 2015
- Information about filing
- Date of Election: May 12, 2015 from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Nominating District “B” – Term expires June 30, 2020
None at this time
Nominating District “G” – Term expires June 30, 2020
None at this time