Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato… Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat…
- WDEL’s Rick Jensen endorses John Young for Christina School Board member
- Former DSEA President presents school funding plan that rearranges the chairs on the K12 Titanic. No Mr. Matthews! No blank checkbooks for school boards!
- Former Delaware Senator Peterson opposes giving local school boards blank check powers to raise property taxes without going to referendum.
- Delaware’s Jack Wells schools state legislators on their wrongheaded HB 129 that allows school boards to raise property taxes without referendum or legislators review. @wdel @delawareonline @DelawareToday @TheStateNews @JohnCarneyDE @DEHouseMinority @DEHouseDems @DEDeptofEd @DEStateBoardEd
- Delaware Governor John Carney slips in the shower and chokes on Rep Baumbach’s soap on a rope @JonhCarneyDE @DEDeptofEd @wdel @DeStateBoardEd @DSEA1 @Delaware_gov @christinak12 @DEcharterNetwrk @CRI_Delaware @delawareonline @DeGop @DelawarePTA
- Reversing a problematic policy, @Cornell takes the welcome step of covering security fees for all events sponsored… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @AdamHSays: I'm as floored by the donation as I am struck by the fact that one student had $200,000 in student loan debt. https://t.co/Y… 11 minutes ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- AVOID: 95NB backed up for MILES from Chester. Bad crash possibly involving a motorcycle near Blue Rte. Just right l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @fitzmag: Thanks @delawareonline for running this great shot of Kelsey addressing her graduating class. She was proud to serve as an int… 22 hours ago
- We need someone with a long history of integrity like Bernie Sanders bit.ly/2Vrmr1W #foxnews #video 2 days ago
- This is why the progressive @BernieSanders is shoulders above the neo-liberal @JoeBiden. bit.ly/2GODaXv #Bernie2020 2 weeks ago
- Traffic update-(Road Opened) All Lanes north Bound on the Roth Bridge have been re-opened. 19 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 8, 2015
As many may notice there has been very little push-back from the Delaware GOP on Governor Markell’s intrusive education agenda that’s fueled by federal intervention in local control. Even a leading DE GOP party member Senator Greg Lavelle jumped on the Markell education reform plan with his support of Race to The Top, Common Core Standards and The Smarter Balanced Assessment. Not even a peep from State Representative Mike Ramone! Then there is State Representative Debbie Hudson that talks a good transparency game but went belly-up and abandoned her own legislation that would require recording of school board meetings.
Perhaps with the DE GOP state committee chairman being an owner of a charter school he stays in the corner like a scared mouse fearing any Markell criticism would unneeded bring attention to his charter school.
Folks it’s pretty bad in Delaware when a governor owns the Delaware Democrat Party and state legislators all but a few and nearly all republican legislators. Hats off to State Representative John Kowalko who dare to poke Markell in the eye!
I don’t foresee any GOP advancements in 2016 and can only hope we see at least one Libertarian breakthrough and more democrats in-tuned to education issues and the negative impact Markell has had on public education. I just hope when Matt Denn returns to Dover as governor in 2016 he not follow the destructive path Markell has taken. At least with Denn we might see advancement in transparency. One thing I do know, the Delaware Republican Party won’t see many victories in 2016 and for-sure won’t see a republican governor!
Christina moves to delay Priority Schools decision Matthew Albright, The News Journal
With two days remaining before a threatened state takeover of its three inner-city schools, the Christina board delayed action on the state’s priority schools plan – but it gave Superintendent Freeman Williams permission to work with education officials on a compromise.
Department spokeswoman Alison May said officials there were willing to extend the deadline for negotiations – at least for the moment. Gov. Jack Markell has said he will close those schools down or hand them over to charters or other outside operators if the district and state can’t agree.
The board’s move comes after the Department of Education rejected draft plans the district had crafted after months of meetings with parents, teachers and others in the schools’ communities.
So much for COLLABORATION! I’d say let Markell have his way with a takeover of these schools! Look at the fine job Markell did with Moyer by handing it over to his old K-12.inc bud via a no-bid contract.
What about Title 1 Section 1118? Yike I forget, Markell including elimination of section 1118 as part of his NCLB Wavier. Where are the Hick’s twins?
Red Clay School District / Board Election
- Filing Deadline: 4:30 p.m. March 6, 2015
- Information about filing
- Date of Election: May 12, 2015 from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Nominating District “B” – Term expires June 30, 2020
None at this time
Nominating District “G” – Term expires June 30, 2020
None at this time