Why Wasn’t Moyer’s AYP Clock reset in 2012? Are you ready for Super-Charters? By Elizabeth Scheinberg; Children and Educators First
2006 – “Old” Moyer receives its charter and begins operating.
2010 – DeDOE revokes that charter and orders closure
Later in 2010 – DeDOE grants “extraordinary authority” to K12 Classrooms Delaware, Llc to operate the school.
2012 – The New Maurice J. Moyer Academy Inc, applies to DeDOE to assume operations of the K12-State venture. DeDOE affirms.
Now, let’s take a good look at AYP –
2011/12 -Planning Year – School Operated by K12
2012/13 – New Moyer is alive and on life support. No AYP calculations. Why?
2013/14 – School fails to make “Original Model” AYP in its first “countable” year. And does it matter that New Moyer did not exist in 2010/11? Is the baseline data approach flawed? If it’s Moyer-centric data, wouldn’t the data be inapplicable as the school under the charter that coaxed that data does not actually exist anymore? And If I am wrong in my approach to thinking about this – I hope my fellow bloggers will interject and explain DOE’s rational for 10-11 baseline data.
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid… Steven Fackenthall on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid… Kevin Ohlandt on Rep Kowalko weighs in on Gov C… M Ryder on Rep Kowalko weighs in on Gov C…
- More Red Clay deception over Conrad Schools of Science! Lawsuit brewing!
- Does the First Amendment only apply for student walkouts if the issue is gun control ?
- Delaware legislators wants schools to complete for safety and security funding !
- Delaware Legislators to make air-soft guns illegal for those under the age of 16 and OMG legislation with more holes than a piece of Swiss Cheese
- Ron Russo’s education reform brain fart
- Read @PENamerican's report on government control of social media in China: pen.org/forbidden-feed… And then check… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @BenjaminBHerold: 1/ Starting to see some of edu-Twitter wondering about the implications of this huge Facebook/Cambridge Analytica stor… 4 hours ago
- The Saints are gathering this Sunday for a great meeting of the Lord’s Church. Installation Service Sunday... fb.me/1CxrcHw6M 3 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- @Robtush Actually it does, if you read it. A dispute over the allocation of funds from the school to parish. 5 hours ago
- RT @M_Montemurro: 🚨A spring training ballpark proposal alert 🚨 A guy wearing a green shamrock sports coat and green pants just proposed to… 1 hour ago
- Despite the abolition of Roma and African American slavery, criminalization and demonization continues. bit.ly/2ouj4ZI @guardian 3 weeks ago
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 1 month ago
- Dover– The following are not wanted. This is a Homeless Sex Offender Public Notification. If you have... fb.me/8c5vWcXI0 6 hours ago