Why Wasn’t Moyer’s AYP Clock reset in 2012? Are you ready for Super-Charters? By Elizabeth Scheinberg; Children and Educators First
2006 – “Old” Moyer receives its charter and begins operating.
2010 – DeDOE revokes that charter and orders closure
Later in 2010 – DeDOE grants “extraordinary authority” to K12 Classrooms Delaware, Llc to operate the school.
2012 – The New Maurice J. Moyer Academy Inc, applies to DeDOE to assume operations of the K12-State venture. DeDOE affirms.
Now, let’s take a good look at AYP –
2011/12 -Planning Year – School Operated by K12
2012/13 – New Moyer is alive and on life support. No AYP calculations. Why?
2013/14 – School fails to make “Original Model” AYP in its first “countable” year. And does it matter that New Moyer did not exist in 2010/11? Is the baseline data approach flawed? If it’s Moyer-centric data, wouldn’t the data be inapplicable as the school under the charter that coaxed that data does not actually exist anymore? And If I am wrong in my approach to thinking about this – I hope my fellow bloggers will interject and explain DOE’s rational for 10-11 baseline data.
Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- CNN Chris Cuomo stoking the flames of war with Iran
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- This month in FIRE history: In 2013, a FIRE staffer wrote about discovering a private organization charging thousan… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Saw 3 Frenchies in 3 minutes and I’m moving back to #Boston. #byeforever ✌🏻 cc: @ccarl 10 minutes ago
- RT @petersagal: Just got off the plane in PHI following an elderly man (over 80) slowly up the jetway and got to listen to him quietly sing… 2 hours ago
- To beat Trump in 2020, we need someone with energy and enthusiasm to fire the people up! washex.am/2Xul1c6 via @dcexaminer 1 day ago
- I’ve got white supremacy inside of me...I grew up in America. I have to conquer it every day.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Traffic Advisory- Brenford Rd Smyrna- closed due to crash. 1 hour ago