“Teach For America” Trojan Horse Among Ferguson Activists? by BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon / Black Agenda Report 12/10/2014
Teach For America recruits young, mostly white grads from elite colleges to undergo a 5 week training program which supposedly enables them to replace experienced, mostly black teachers in inner city schools. Although TFA used to claim it sends its recruits to “underserved” schools where experienced teachers don’t want to go, the facts are that underprepared TFA temps have replaced tens of thousands of experienced teachers in Newark, Chicago, St. Louis, and dozens of other cities around the country. Teach For America contends that inner-city public schools are NOT underfunded, that chronic poverty, joblessness, homelessness and short staffing are merely “excuses” used to protect the “bad teachers” which its mostly white temps are replacing. This is precisely the opposite of what knowledgeable young activists like the Dream Defenders Phillip Agnew will tell you.
For those not up on the criminal role Teach For America plays in black communities around the country, here are a few links….
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
kilroysdelaware on Does the First Amendment only… Steven Fackenthall on Does the First Amendment only… Red Clay Consolidate… on More Red Clay deception over C… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… kilroysdelaware on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… Kevin on The Little Delaware Boy who bl… delawareway on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… Steven Fackenthall on CNN KILLED THE CONVERSATION FO… kilroysdelaware on Delaware Dad tells DSEA Presid…
- More Red Clay deception over Conrad Schools of Science! Lawsuit brewing!
- Does the First Amendment only apply for student walkouts if the issue is gun control ?
- Delaware legislators wants schools to complete for safety and security funding !
- Delaware Legislators to make air-soft guns illegal for those under the age of 16 and OMG legislation with more holes than a piece of Swiss Cheese
- Ron Russo’s education reform brain fart
- ICYMI: A new law prohibits Florida's public colleges and universities from quarantining student speech into small,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @BenjaminBHerold: 1/ Starting to see some of edu-Twitter wondering about the implications of this huge Facebook/Cambridge Analytica stor… 2 days ago
- The Saints are gathering this Sunday for a great meeting of the Lord’s Church. Installation Service Sunday... fb.me/1CxrcHw6M 3 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- @DelawareGoodGuy CDOW has a right to respond when accusations are lodged against the organization as a whole. I t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 25 minutes ago
- RT @DaveBentz: I'll be hosting a Facebook Town Hall with Rep. @PaulBaumbach this Wednesday, March 21st at 7:00. Feel free to submit questio… 2 hours ago
- Despite the abolition of Roma and African American slavery, criminalization and demonization continues. bit.ly/2ouj4ZI @guardian 3 weeks ago
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 1 month ago
- *Update* Camp arrowhead road is back open. 1 hour ago