“Teach For America” Trojan Horse Among Ferguson Activists? by BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon / Black Agenda Report 12/10/2014
Teach For America recruits young, mostly white grads from elite colleges to undergo a 5 week training program which supposedly enables them to replace experienced, mostly black teachers in inner city schools. Although TFA used to claim it sends its recruits to “underserved” schools where experienced teachers don’t want to go, the facts are that underprepared TFA temps have replaced tens of thousands of experienced teachers in Newark, Chicago, St. Louis, and dozens of other cities around the country. Teach For America contends that inner-city public schools are NOT underfunded, that chronic poverty, joblessness, homelessness and short staffing are merely “excuses” used to protect the “bad teachers” which its mostly white temps are replacing. This is precisely the opposite of what knowledgeable young activists like the Dream Defenders Phillip Agnew will tell you.
For those not up on the criminal role Teach For America plays in black communities around the country, here are a few links….
Paul J Falkowski on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… Kevin Ohlandt on Is a Delaware non-profit sugge… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Governor John Carney… kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa…
- Is the Immigrant Caravan a drug cartel created diversion ? @seanhannity
- Corey Booker releases 2020 Campaign Song @ingrahamAngle
- University of Delaware rated #1 party school. 100 students arrested this weekend for underage drinking! They should be expelled from college.
- Death’s rattle at the gates of America
- Hicks Anderson didn’t march to the white man’s drum!
- The settlement will end a policy declaring off-limits to free speech the vast majority of all nine campuses in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @RosieGray I don't see anything weird about lunch occasionally with your kid. Every day? Yes, that's weird. But loc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Setting up. Christ Baptist Church of Delaware volunteering today 12noon-5pm at the Frances E. Stafford Annual Holid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- DMA grad played important role in George HW Bush's funeral: wdel.com/news/dma-grad-… | via @SeanGreeneWDEL #netDE https://t.co/1P5FAhTs1M 7 hours ago
- Proof of what we already knew: the current EPA leadership's prime directive is to do what industry tells it to. twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/… 17 hours ago
- It was an honor to introduce my dear brother @BernieSanders before his recent keynote speech at the Sanders Institu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Why is it so difficult, if not impossible, to have a candid debate about the grim Israeli-Palestinian catastrophe t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Troopers Investigating the Armed Robbery of Stanton Gas Station dsp.delaware.gov/2018/12/13/tro… Wilmington (19804) –... dsp.delaware.gov/2018/12/13/tro… 11 hours ago