“Teach For America” Trojan Horse Among Ferguson Activists? by BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon / Black Agenda Report 12/10/2014
Teach For America recruits young, mostly white grads from elite colleges to undergo a 5 week training program which supposedly enables them to replace experienced, mostly black teachers in inner city schools. Although TFA used to claim it sends its recruits to “underserved” schools where experienced teachers don’t want to go, the facts are that underprepared TFA temps have replaced tens of thousands of experienced teachers in Newark, Chicago, St. Louis, and dozens of other cities around the country. Teach For America contends that inner-city public schools are NOT underfunded, that chronic poverty, joblessness, homelessness and short staffing are merely “excuses” used to protect the “bad teachers” which its mostly white temps are replacing. This is precisely the opposite of what knowledgeable young activists like the Dream Defenders Phillip Agnew will tell you.
For those not up on the criminal role Teach For America plays in black communities around the country, here are a few links….
kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… Dpont23 on Senator Carper stricken with… Kevin Ohlandt on When was the last time you vot… Will Garfinkel on When was the last time you vot… Dpont23 on Delaware’s candidate for… john kowalko on Is Delaware Secretary of Educa… Kevin Ohlandt on Caesar Rodney Institute Spanks… Dpont23 on Joe Biden under doctor’s… M Ryder on Delaware Dems busting on Trump…
- Love hate relation with Joe Biden (insight on Military Draft and If he does 2020)
- Kathy Jennings will win Delaware AG Race but loss my vote! Here’s why!
- Senator Carper admits Obamacare is flawed but has no plan to fix it
- Senator Carper stricken with brain-fart
- Megan McCain to run for father’s senate seat! Campaigning over dad’s coffin
- RT @glukianoff: 'Speech Code Hokey Pokey: How Campus Speech Codes Could Rebound' Post #3 @VolokhC (our best title of the week. Thanks @AdGo… 7 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- @esanzi @laurenonthehill Or maybe it was because Nemo was comparatively less frightening than the ER? 🤔 6 hours ago
- Follow @DariusJBrown
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Polling mecca @FiveThirtyEight gives Sen. Tom Carper and Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester a 99 percent chance of re-electi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- You can't take Trump seriously. He is a gangster that is beginning to shake in his boots -- let's keep track of his… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @thinkincAU: WHAT A BLAST! Last week we toured Australia & New Zealand with Dr @CornelWest & @DouglasKMurray for #Polarised and some of… 1 month ago
- Public’s Assistance Sought in Identifying Robbery Suspects dsp.delaware.gov/2018/09/25/pub… Wilmington - The Delaware Stat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago