State points to schools that have grown scores Matthew Albright, The News Journal
“The governor keeps pointing to these schools as evidence, but they’re different situations,” said Mike Matthews, president of the Red Clay Education Association and a teacher at Warner Elementary, one of the priority schools. “I think we feel like the state is sort of using these schools to justify the decisions they already want to make based on ideology.”
Not true, said the governor, adding that this is no time for excuses.
“We can argue over the differences between these schools, but at the end of the day, they’re showing huge progress for our kids, and that’s what matters,” Gov. Jack Markell said. “We know we can do this.”
MUSINGS FROM DSEA PRESIDENT MIKE MATTHEWS
- News Journal’s Jimmy Olsen aka Matthew Albright has amazing brain-fart on local politics
- Colonial local taxpayers did not vote on using referendum monies to bailout DAPSS.
- Here is what Delaware Governor John Carney can do to better protect students and staff from gun violence and more
- Colonial School District on dangerous path re: take-over of DAPSS
- He’s back !! Mike Matthews blogging again !
- RT @JD_Tuccille: "This is not the first time speech has been mischaracterized as violence, and it will certainly not be the last." https://… 6 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- These darn 🦅 fans are cheering and chanting as we board the plane. This is going to be a long two hours. 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 1 year ago
- RT @SeePuertoRico: Look at Flamenco Beach right now. Pure Puerto Rican paradise. RT if this is where you want to be. https://t.co/1I88GY301b 3 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- Join me on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at @Yale's 2018 #BlackHistoryMonth Opening Lecture: bit.ly/2DPmxw6 https://t.co/ApoBj0o0EO 2 weeks ago
- What happened to integrity, honesty and decency in America? #spiritualblackout #AndersonCooper @AC360 snpy.tv/2DrErEY 1 month ago
- I 95 NB REOPENED 6 hours ago