State points to schools that have grown scores Matthew Albright, The News Journal
“The governor keeps pointing to these schools as evidence, but they’re different situations,” said Mike Matthews, president of the Red Clay Education Association and a teacher at Warner Elementary, one of the priority schools. “I think we feel like the state is sort of using these schools to justify the decisions they already want to make based on ideology.”
Not true, said the governor, adding that this is no time for excuses.
“We can argue over the differences between these schools, but at the end of the day, they’re showing huge progress for our kids, and that’s what matters,” Gov. Jack Markell said. “We know we can do this.”
wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- “If I have a hope for what can come out of this, it is for a university community that seeks to open itself in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @L_willen: Without the benefit of parents’ college-going experience, first-gen students have fewer tools to navigate college bureaucraci… 10 hours ago
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- We have lost the greatest novelist of our time - my dearest sister, colleague and teacher, the one and only… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Brother @BernieSanders confronts the challenges of the Democratic Party. Watch/read via @democracynow here: bit.ly/2YGFxTq 2 weeks ago
- Traffic update-113 nb is open-Georgetown 14 hours ago