Arthur on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati… Willman on Delaware Democrat State Senato…
- Delaware State Representative Paul Baumbach leads the Socialist charge on charging “state” fuel tax by the mile via mail not at the pump
- Is Robert Mueller Sowing Seeds for a Book of The Century ?
- Is Bebe Coker exposing the whitewashing of Delaware’s public schools ?
- Delaware Rep Bill Bush refuses to release from committee legislation that protects Delaware children from products laced with cancer causing flame retardant chemicals. Shame of Rep Bill Bush !
- Delaware’s Odyssey Charter School DOOMED !
- New York considers an Israel-related 'hate speech' bill for the fourth time. It's still unconstitutional. Consult… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- RT @duvINdelaware: Heavy regional rains last night have local rivers running high and fast with more rain anticipated today. Brandywine in… 3 hours ago
- To quote MLK, we need a reshaping of our priorities! Donald Trump is a socialist for the elite. WATCH via @AC360… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- There is joy in struggle. bit.ly/2ZoxpHD @Harvard @HarvardDivinity 1 week ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE Lewes: E. Savannah Rd. has been reopened at this time. 5 days ago
Daily Archives: November 15, 2014
Delaware Technical & Community College FACT BOOK 2013 – 2014 Real good data in this current report well worth digesting.
And back to that achievement gap ! See page 65; 67.14% / 1277 students of Delaware Tech’s graduates were white and 17.82% / 339 students were black.
Parents and students considering Delaware Teach read the data and pay attention to the jobs in relationship to field of student. Starts on page 77%! Might help you to decide what field of study you elect.
I urge parents of minority children to wake-up and see the truth re: data and be cautious of the Markell hype. Language and math skills are the foundation for success! Title 1 started out all about Reading and for a good reason!
The achievement gap between Delaware black and white students continues beyond high school graduation re: college remediation classes.
Graduating class 2012: Only 30% of Delaware African-American high school graduates enrolled in college compared to 41% white students. Overall only 39% of Delaware high school graduates enrolled in college.
73% of African-American students enrolled in college required remediation classes whereas 43% white students required remediation classes.
As far as the race for those world class jobs out in the global economy, you can bet the best jobs will go to the top 10% of college graduates re: achievement. The struggle for African-American students will continue into the college years.
Sorry to folks, the race to close the achievement gap isn’t priority one and is secondary to supply the economy with top performing students. Do you honestly think companies like DuPont will hire every graduating chemist our colleges can pump out? From a global perspective companies like DuPont will be going after the top 1%. One thing for sure, pretty much all college graduates will end up with college loan debt and those noting securing a job in their field of study will be paying college loan payments for the next 15-20 years.
I am digging through many pages of charter school review documentation re: Reach Academy for Girls. Vegas odds-makers are calling it in favor of Reach. And OMG if true I hope Reach bans The Charter Schools Network of Delaware for life! CSN didn’t hesitate to throw in the first shove full of dirt on the warm bodies.
The public comment period ends on December 10, 2014. The State Board of Education will hold a meeting on December 18, 2014 in the 2nd floor Cabinet Room of the Townsend Building at 401 Federal Street, Dover DE, at which time the Secretary will announce his decision on the renewal application and, if required, the State Board will act on that decision