Cape Gazette ( Sussex County Delaware)
Selma Gibson 1/20/1942 – 2/18/2018 God Protect Your Soul Red Clay Title 1 TV Host
John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Arthur on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… Arthur on Delaware Governor closes publi…
- Delaware Governor Carney Jerry-Rigging Delaware’s School Board Election
- Delaware Governor closes public school through May 15.
- Rethinking Delaware’s resistance to online K-12 charter schools or state run online K-12 options.
- Is Facebook dancing with government allowing big brother censorship of Facebook content published by Americans?
- Great News From Delaware’s Secretary of Labor re: unemployment associated with COVID-19 Pandemic
- RT @glukianoff: 5 EASY ways university presidents can prove their commitment to #freespeech thefire.org/five-ways-univ… via @TheFIREorg (or sho… 5 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @dorieturnernolt: The #edujournalism happening rn is some of the best I've seen in years. Subscribe to local papers. Pay for content fro… 1 week ago
- Men’s Breakfast kicking off Men’s Season 2020 this morning @christbaptistchurchde. #mensfellowship #mensbreakfast… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- .@GordonRamsay’s pork chop w/ sweet + sour peppers 🌶 a la chef @ccarl. No one said we don’t eat well during the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Religious responses to this catastrophe: bit.ly/2X6owF4 3 days ago
- In this catastrophic age, we must be fortified in truth and still fight for justice for all, especially the weak an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE: Rt 1 northbound at Rt 9 had been reopened 2 days ago
Daily Archives: November 15, 2014
Delaware Technical & Community College FACT BOOK 2013 – 2014 Real good data in this current report well worth digesting.
And back to that achievement gap ! See page 65; 67.14% / 1277 students of Delaware Tech’s graduates were white and 17.82% / 339 students were black.
Parents and students considering Delaware Teach read the data and pay attention to the jobs in relationship to field of student. Starts on page 77%! Might help you to decide what field of study you elect.
I urge parents of minority children to wake-up and see the truth re: data and be cautious of the Markell hype. Language and math skills are the foundation for success! Title 1 started out all about Reading and for a good reason!
The achievement gap between Delaware black and white students continues beyond high school graduation re: college remediation classes.
Graduating class 2012: Only 30% of Delaware African-American high school graduates enrolled in college compared to 41% white students. Overall only 39% of Delaware high school graduates enrolled in college.
73% of African-American students enrolled in college required remediation classes whereas 43% white students required remediation classes.
As far as the race for those world class jobs out in the global economy, you can bet the best jobs will go to the top 10% of college graduates re: achievement. The struggle for African-American students will continue into the college years.
Sorry to folks, the race to close the achievement gap isn’t priority one and is secondary to supply the economy with top performing students. Do you honestly think companies like DuPont will hire every graduating chemist our colleges can pump out? From a global perspective companies like DuPont will be going after the top 1%. One thing for sure, pretty much all college graduates will end up with college loan debt and those noting securing a job in their field of study will be paying college loan payments for the next 15-20 years.
I am digging through many pages of charter school review documentation re: Reach Academy for Girls. Vegas odds-makers are calling it in favor of Reach. And OMG if true I hope Reach bans The Charter Schools Network of Delaware for life! CSN didn’t hesitate to throw in the first shove full of dirt on the warm bodies.
The public comment period ends on December 10, 2014. The State Board of Education will hold a meeting on December 18, 2014 in the 2nd floor Cabinet Room of the Townsend Building at 401 Federal Street, Dover DE, at which time the Secretary will announce his decision on the renewal application and, if required, the State Board will act on that decision