Charter school to occupy Wilmington Blue Cross space Yann Ranaivo, The News Journal
A Philadelphia-based charter school will operate its Wilmington campus out of a six-story building in the city’s downtown that is widely known as the former home of the local Blue Cross Blue Shield affiliate.
Freire Charter School, which received approval from Delaware in April to open a Wilmington campus, will start classes at its newest location in August, a top school official said.
Freire’s Wilmington location, which overlooks the Brandywine and is located at 201 W. 14th St., will be a five-grade school that will enroll a total of 336 eighth-, ninth- and 10th-graders during its first year.
The school will then add 112 juniors in its second year and another 112 seniors by its third year.
The charter school will probably take up about three floors its first year and later will occupy most of the space in the building, said Bill Porter, who will run the Wilmington campus.
“That is being worked out right now. Nothing is finalized yet,” Porter said. “It will be a larger space as the school grows.”
Porter didn’t say how parking arrangements for Freire employees will work but said the school will offer free DART bus passes to students, a move he expects will help control pickups and drop-offs.
He said he also expects students to use the DART stops at Rodney Square, which is well outside the neighborhood.
Cape Gazette ( Sussex County Delaware)
Selma Gibson 1/20/1942 – 2/18/2018 God Protect Your Soul Red Clay Title 1 TV Host
John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Arthur on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… John Kowalko on Delaware Governor closes publi… Just Facts on Delaware Governor closes publi… Arthur on Delaware Governor closes publi…
- Delaware Governor Carney Jerry-Rigging Delaware’s School Board Election
- Delaware Governor closes public school through May 15.
- Rethinking Delaware’s resistance to online K-12 charter schools or state run online K-12 options.
- Is Facebook dancing with government allowing big brother censorship of Facebook content published by Americans?
- Great News From Delaware’s Secretary of Labor re: unemployment associated with COVID-19 Pandemic
- RT @glukianoff: 5 EASY ways university presidents can prove their commitment to #freespeech thefire.org/five-ways-univ… via @TheFIREorg (or sho… 6 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @dorieturnernolt: The #edujournalism happening rn is some of the best I've seen in years. Subscribe to local papers. Pay for content fro… 1 week ago
- Men’s Breakfast kicking off Men’s Season 2020 this morning @christbaptistchurchde. #mensfellowship #mensbreakfast… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- .@GordonRamsay’s pork chop w/ sweet + sour peppers 🌶 a la chef @ccarl. No one said we don’t eat well during the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Religious responses to this catastrophe: bit.ly/2X6owF4 3 days ago
- In this catastrophic age, we must be fortified in truth and still fight for justice for all, especially the weak an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY UPDATE: Rt 1 northbound at Rt 9 had been reopened 2 days ago