Big bonuses draw few teachers Matthew Albright, The News Journal
Despite the lure of an extra $20,000, the state’s controversial bonus program for teachers attracted only nine highly-rated educators to low-scoring schools in its third year, though many more who already work at such schools took smaller bonuses to stay there.
Christopher Ruszkowski, head of the Department of Education’s Teacher and Leader Effectiveness Unit, said the main reason fewer than expected retention bonuses have been given out is that fewer than expected schools chose to participate. Though the state had asked 49 schools to sign on, only 18 did.
kilroysdelaware on Open Mic for Charter School of… kilroysdelaware on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Mike Broaddus on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Arthur on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… melissa on Forget about doing the right t… Will Garfinkel on Forget about doing the right t… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… Arthur on Forget about doing the right t… Dpont23 on The implosion of the former G.…
- Bad Ass 2016 Shelby GT350 at Boulevard Ford Lewes Delaware. Ask for AJ
- Charter School of Wilmington needs radical leadership change ASAP or kneel before DSEA! @project_veritas
- Open Mic for Charter School of Wilmington Teachers
- O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes yes to become unionized !
- Kevin pulls Mike M’s pants down
- New episode of FIREside Chats! FIRE staffers discuss our recent due process survey, and how schools don't measure u… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 58 minutes ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Ex - #SmyrnaDE teacher, coach sentenced for trying to have sex w/ teen: wdel.com/news/ex-smyrna… | #netDE #delhs… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- On July 14 and 15, I’ll be @Dartmouth to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Race Matters" with lectures, presentati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- For Corporate America, there will always be an ambiguity between doing well and doing good. @AC360 #cnn #ABC… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Newark – The Delaware State Police have formally charged Marcus S. Heath, 26, of Jacksonville, Florida, as an out o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago