A reminder that the Delaware Department of Education is seeking public input on a new accountability system. The Delaware Department of Education seeks feedback on what the public would like measured and reported on the state’s public school accountability report card. In addition, the department will host two more town halls this month to gather public feedback on the state’s new approach to reporting school performance and its submission of a waiver for renewed flexibility from the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The new accountability system will have two parts. Part A includes metrics critical to measure for public schools, and that align with federal accountability. This includes student proficiency and growth on state tests, college and career readiness benchmarks, chronic absenteeism rates, and on-track to graduate measures. Part B will include those measures, as informed by the survey results.The survey will be open through Dec. 31, 2014. The remaining Town Halls are scheduled for:
* 6 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 12 at the John Collette Education Resource Center, 35 Commerce Way, Dover.
* 6 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 19 at the Sussex County Council Chamber, 2 The
Circle, Georgetown. Take online survey here ………..
Jack wells on Odyssey Charter School board o… kilroysdelaware on Odyssey Charter School board o… Kevin Ohlandt on Odyssey Charter School board o… Willman on Odyssey Charter School Student… Willman on Compromise on starting Delawar… Will Garfinkel on Time to restrict school board… M Ryder on Did Christina’s Superint… Dpont23 on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint… Kevin Ohlandt on Did Christina’s Superint…
- Odyssey Charter School board of directors are circumventing state finance law
- Odyssey Charter School Students are pawns in administrative money grab
- Compromise on starting Delaware public school after Labor Day
- Time to restrict school board election to board member’s nominating district !
- Oops my ass ! Incompetency still runs deep at the Delaware Department of Education ! And may God be on your side Secret Squirrel :)
- We are so excited to present our 2018 Prometheus Society inductees, Sam Foer, Doug Reynolds, and Kelsey Carroll!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 1 month ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- #Delaware State Police confirm to @WDEL that ex-State Rep. John Atkins was arrested on domestic violence charges:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- IAN MCKELLAN IN A CATS MOVIE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. (lol @MediaMeredith @DelawareJaci @55_Hours ) playbill.com/article/jennif… 1 day ago
- We must be morally consistent and politically honest — then and now. bit.ly/2zFU22m via @AlJazeera 5 days ago
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of one of my early texts Race Matters throughout the weekend at Dartmouth in New H… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Georgetown - The Delaware State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is continuing to investigate a fatal crash tha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago