A reminder that the Delaware Department of Education is seeking public input on a new accountability system. The Delaware Department of Education seeks feedback on what the public would like measured and reported on the state’s public school accountability report card. In addition, the department will host two more town halls this month to gather public feedback on the state’s new approach to reporting school performance and its submission of a waiver for renewed flexibility from the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The new accountability system will have two parts. Part A includes metrics critical to measure for public schools, and that align with federal accountability. This includes student proficiency and growth on state tests, college and career readiness benchmarks, chronic absenteeism rates, and on-track to graduate measures. Part B will include those measures, as informed by the survey results.The survey will be open through Dec. 31, 2014. The remaining Town Halls are scheduled for:
* 6 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 12 at the John Collette Education Resource Center, 35 Commerce Way, Dover.
* 6 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 19 at the Sussex County Council Chamber, 2 The
Circle, Georgetown. Take online survey here ………..
kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Board of Educat… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware State Board of Educat… Dpont23 on Delaware State Board of Educat… Arthur on Delaware Governor John Carney… Sammie Gee on Delaware Governor John Carney… Kevin Ohlandt on Delaware Governor John Carney… kilroysdelaware on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… John Young on Kathy Jennings will win Delawa… Dpont23 on Senator Carper stricken with… Kevin Ohlandt on When was the last time you vot…
- Sleeping Kilroy’s Awakens! Forget Facebook !
- Delaware State Board of Education approves student representative to the board.
- DSEA SUPPORTS WIFE BEATER TOM CARPER !WHAT MESSAGE DOES THAT SEND CHILDREN ?
- When Tom Carper slapped his wife only once why the diverted trip to a Lewes hospital
- Delaware: Greek charter school leaders may be taking their heads out of their asses !
- @MajorCatch Hi Daniel, our jobs and internships page features all of our available opportunities: thefire.org/about-us/jobs-… 12 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- New research study finds more modest benefits to a Mooresville, N.C., laptop program that was once lauded as a nati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- This month at Christ Baptist Church sermon series #TogetherWeBuild study of Nehemiah. #tryCHRIST… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- What a blessing to introduce my dear brother Colin Kaepernick at @Harvard University yesterday. WATCH: bit.ly/2QOPJFP 4 days ago
- UBC Okanagan -- October 12th! bit.ly/2RgZnlE 2 weeks ago
- *UPDATE Subject Located* Gold Alert Cancelled for Missing Middletown Man... dsp.delaware.gov/2018/10/16/upd… 3 hours ago