Markell: ‘Won’t hesitate’ on priority schools Matthew Albright, The News Journal
Gov. Jack Markell says he would prefer not to close the six so-called “priority schools” in the City of Wilmington, or give them to a charter or other outside manager. But he won’t hesitate to do so if the Red Clay and Christian school districts can’t work out an agreement with the Department of Education.
“We’re in conversations now with both districts, and I hope those conversations produce good results,” Markell said. “But if it doesn’t, I will be in a position where I have to make a choice, and I won’t hesitate to make it.”
Markell addressed the controversy over the state’s Priority Schools proposal in a speech during the Conference on Education, an event hosted by the Vision Coalition of Delaware, a group of education, nonprofit and business leaders seeking to create world-class schools in Delaware.
kilroysdelaware on Open Mic for Charter School of… kilroysdelaware on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Mike Broaddus on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… Arthur on O Henry ! CSW Teachers votes y… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… melissa on Forget about doing the right t… Will Garfinkel on Forget about doing the right t… M Ryder on Forget about doing the right t… Arthur on Forget about doing the right t… Dpont23 on The implosion of the former G.…
- Black lives only matter during election time and in the mean time, racial bias laws continue to separate African-American children from their parents using bars and razor wire.
- Obama caught telling white lies about immigration
- Breaking News ! Bill Clinton share Trumps views on illegal immigrants
- Bad Ass 2016 Shelby GT350 at Boulevard Ford Lewes Delaware. Ask for AJ
- Charter School of Wilmington needs radical leadership change ASAP or kneel before DSEA! @project_veritas
- These programs are technically legal, but this kind of surveillance is absolutely chilling to speech. 3/3 9 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- RT @jackiemader: Migrant children who are separated from their parents and guardians are at risk of experiencing "toxic stress," which impe… 8 hours ago
- THIS WEEKEND June 1-2, 2018 3 weeks ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 2 years ago
- Follow @acherry13
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- On July 14 and 15, I’ll be @Dartmouth to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Race Matters" with lectures, presentati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- For Corporate America, there will always be an ambiguity between doing well and doing good. @AC360 #cnn #ABC… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Wilmington– Delaware State Police are continuing to investigate a serious crash involving a motorcycle that occurre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago