Parent Choice Portal Project
Analysis, Design, and Development
RFP # 2014-05
1.2. Project Overview
The purpose of the Parent Choice Portal is to empower parents to make more informed decisions about where to send their children to school and provide them with an accessible and easy-to-navigate tool for participating in School Choice. By increasing transparency around the quality of our schools and engaging more parents in School Choice, the State believes it can exert public pressure on our schools and districts so that there is greater accountability for improved outcomes for Delaware’s students. The information supplied to stakeholders through the Parent Choice Portal will be derived from the comprehensive longitudinal data sets maintained by DDOE, supplemented by
data supplied by human service, workforce and higher education partner organizations in Delaware.
The primary goals of this effort are as follows:
Provide parents with the information they need to make informed decisions
about where to send their children to school
Illuminate the comparative strengths of our schools as well as opportunities
Streamline school choice by providing parents with the opportunity to use a
state portal to initiate the school choice process
A parent should be able to use this system to understand how well a school fits the needs of their child – whether academic, extracurricular, or otherwise – and initiate the process of applying to that school.
A school should be able to use this system to market their unique strengths, while also understanding their attractiveness to parents in the context of similar schools within Delaware.
wgarfinkel on Momentum builds for ant-gun an… Bane on Delaware State Representative… kilroysdelaware on Delaware State Representative… Louise Truitt-Cecce on Delaware State Representative… Arthur on Former DSEA President presents… john kowalko on Are local state legislators wo… kilroysdelaware on Joe Biden “Gets It… ClancyO on Joe Biden “Gets It… Arthur on Looks like Red Clay is being s… John Young on Delaware House of Representati…
- Delaware Reef Project Seeks Clean Water And Oyster Population Growth
- OMG the Red Clay fix is in! Dysfunction
- Thanks to a few Red Clay Board member network with an anti-gun rights group just to take out a fellow board member wanting to run for board president Wednesday 8/14/2019 board meeting the pro and anti gun right groups will be pitted against each other.
- It appears the Moms pulled back the call to arm but only pulled the communication to the general public and is quietly networking with thier inner city to come out to the Red Clay board meeting and do their dirty deeds for the sake of their school board member bedfellows
- Looks like GAME ON at Red Clay school district’s school board meeting Wednesday night 8/14/2019 re: School board internal meltdown and at a historical ethical low. New superintendent is like a ship without a rudder.
- RT @WillatFIRE: Proud to see our digital First Amendment coursebook released — and very grateful to count the brilliant Jackie Farmer, Ron… 2 hours ago
Delaware DOE Charter Schools
- Follow @nicholedobo
- Celebrate EASTER on the Eastside Sunday morning at 8am Christ Baptist Church 408 East 8th Street Wilmington, Dela… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- TRUMP DOUBLES DOWN! Will Enforce Ban on Immigrants from Areas with Record of Terrorism Against... fb.me/12Tw0UMNe 3 years ago
- RT @CBSNews: FIELD OF GOLD: Drone footage captured a gorgeous field of about 500,000 blooming sunflowers in Wisconsin https://t.co/0LWYcbc6… 37 minutes ago
- Follow @TNJ_malbright
- We have lost the greatest novelist of our time - my dearest sister, colleague and teacher, the one and only… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Brother @BernieSanders confronts the challenges of the Democratic Party. Watch/read via @democracynow here: bit.ly/2YGFxTq 2 weeks ago
- Traffic Advisory-Front st.-Wyoming - closed due to crash 2 days ago